甲骨文 (ORCL) 2020 Q2 法說會逐字稿

完整原文

使用警語:中文譯文來源為 Google 翻譯,僅供參考,實際內容請以英文原文為主

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Welcome to Oracle's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference Call.

    歡迎參加 Oracle 2020 年第二季度收益電話會議。

  • Now I'd like to turn the call over to Ken Bond, Senior Vice President.

    現在我想把電話轉給高級副總裁 Ken Bond。

  • Ken?

    肯?

  • Ken Bond - SVP of IR

    Ken Bond - SVP of IR

  • Thank you, Holly.

    謝謝你,霍莉。

  • Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to Oracle's Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2020 Earnings Conference Call.

    大家下午好,歡迎參加甲骨文 2020 財年第二季度收益電話會議。

  • A copy of the press release and financial tables, which includes a GAAP to non-GAAP reconciliation and other supplemental financial information, can be viewed and downloaded from our Investor Relations website.

    可以從我們的投資者關係網站查看和下載新聞稿和財務表格的副本,其中包括 GAAP 與非 GAAP 對賬和其他補充財務信息。

  • On the call today are our Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, Larry Ellison; and CEO, Safra Catz.

    今天的電話會議是我們的董事長兼首席技術官拉里·埃里森 (Larry Ellison);兼首席執行官 Safra Catz。

  • As a reminder, today's discussion will include forward-looking statements, including predictions, expectations, estimates or other information that might be considered forward-looking.

    提醒一下,今天的討論將包括前瞻性陳述,包括預測、預期、估計或其他可能被視為前瞻性的信息。

  • Throughout today's discussion, we will present some important factors relating to our business, which may potentially affect these forward-looking statements.

    在今天的討論中,我們將介紹一些與我們的業務相關的重要因素,這些因素可能會影響這些前瞻性陳述。

  • These forward-looking statements are also subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from statements being made today.

    這些前瞻性陳述還受到風險和不確定性的影響,這些風險和不確定性可能導致實際結果與今天所做的陳述存在重大差異。

  • As a result, we caution you against placing undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and we encourage you to review our most recent reports, including our 10-K and 10-Q and any applicable amendments for a complete discussion of these factors and other risks that may affect our future results or the market price of our stock.

    因此,我們告誡您不要過分依賴這些前瞻性陳述,我們鼓勵您查看我們最近的報告,包括我們的 10-K 和 10-Q 以及任何適用的修訂,以完整討論這些因素和可能影響我們未來業績或我們股票市場價格的其他風險。

  • And finally, we are not obligating ourselves to revise our results or publicly release any revision to these forward-looking statements in light of new information or future events.

    最後,我們沒有義務根據新信息或未來事件修改我們的結果或公開發布對這些前瞻性陳述的任何修訂。

  • Before taking questions, we'll begin with a few prepared remarks.

    在回答問題之前,我們將從一些準備好的評論開始。

  • And with that, I'd like to turn the call over to Safra.

    有了這個,我想把電話轉給 Safra。

  • Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

    Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

  • Thanks, Ken.

    謝謝,肯。

  • But before I start, I'd like to acknowledge and thank you all for the many, many sincere condolences we received upon Mark's passing.

    但在我開始之前,我想感謝大家在馬克去世後收到的許多、許多誠摯的哀悼。

  • Thank you.

    謝謝你。

  • They mean a lot to us.

    他們對我們意義重大。

  • As you can see, we had another solid quarter.

    如您所見,我們有另一個穩定的季度。

  • This quarter, we finished with total revenue growth within my guidance range and EPS at the high end.

    本季度,我們的總收入增長在我的指導範圍內,每股收益在高端。

  • Cloud Services and License Support continue to see material growth.

    雲服務和許可支持繼續取得實質性增長。

  • And given that it represents more than 70% of our total revenue, it more than offsets declines in some smaller, nonstrategic businesses.

    鑑於它占我們總收入的 70% 以上,它足以抵消一些較小的非戰略性業務的下滑。

  • We continue to be encouraged that our overall revenue growth will further accelerate as we reach the final stages of this ongoing shift in business mix.

    我們繼續感到鼓舞的是,隨著我們進入這種持續的業務組合轉變的最後階段,我們的整體收入增長將進一步加速。

  • Of late, I've been spending much more time with customers.

    最近,我花更多的時間與客戶在一起。

  • The overriding theme I hear is the compelling nature of our technology and how it is critical to the success of their businesses: feature-rich, simple, secure, performant and priced right.

    我聽到的最重要的主題是我們技術的引人注目的本質,以及它對他們業務成功的重要性:功能豐富、簡單、安全、高性能和價格合理。

  • They see Oracle as being strategic to their ongoing operations, and they tell me repeatedly that Oracle is the right partner to run their mission-critical assets, both in the cloud and on-premise.

    他們認為 Oracle 對他們的持續運營具有戰略意義,他們反復告訴我,Oracle 是在雲端和本地運行其關鍵任務資產的合適合作夥伴。

  • Their comments reinforce our conviction that our product strategy is right.

    他們的評論加強了我們的信念,即我們的產品策略是正確的。

  • At Oracle, we've upgraded our internal systems to the cloud, and we are sharing our experience with customers by describing the stunning benefits and efficiencies that can be realized from the move.

    在 Oracle,我們已將內部系統升級到雲端,我們通過描述遷移後可實現的驚人收益和效率來與客戶分享我們的經驗。

  • And know we have thousands of customers that references our own experience adopting Oracle Cloud applications and infrastructure allows us to serve as a unique and knowledgeable adviser to customers who want to know how to go about their own digital transformation.

    並且知道我們有成千上萬的客戶參考了我們自己採用 Oracle 雲應用程序和基礎架構的經驗,這使我們能夠成為想要了解如何進行自己的數字化轉型的客戶的獨特且知識淵博的顧問。

  • To give you some context, let me share just a few of the many benefits we are seeing in our business.

    為了給您一些背景信息,讓我分享一下我們在業務中看到的眾多好處中的一小部分。

  • With Fusion ERP cloud, we are now able to close our books and report earnings in 12 days or less.

    借助 Fusion ERP 雲,我們現在能夠在 12 天或更短的時間內結賬並報告收益。

  • Many companies don't report their results for weeks.

    許多公司數週不報告其結果。

  • And not only can we get our results out faster, but we've saved money, too.

    我們不僅可以更快地得出結果,而且還省了錢。

  • By using the AI and processes in Fusion ERP cloud, we have been able to eliminate more than 30% of our manual accounting activities.

    通過使用 Fusion ERP 雲中的人工智能和流程,我們已經能夠消除 30% 以上的手動會計活動。

  • And enabled by Fusion HCM cloud, we have seen employee satisfaction levels soar with all-time high rates for things like hiring and onboarding new employees.

    在 Fusion HCM 雲的支持下,我們看到員工滿意度飆升,在招聘和入職新員工等方面創歷史新高。

  • We've also made it easier for our managers and employees as Fusion HCM reduces the time needed to complete the talent review process by more than 70%.

    由於 Fusion HCM 將完成人才審查流程所需的時間減少了 70% 以上,我們還為我們的經理和員工提供了便利。

  • And separately, we're saving more than 20,000 hours of manager time each year with our accelerated job offer process.

    另外,我們每年通過加快工作聘用流程為經理節省 20,000 多個小時的時間。

  • In sales, we're using our front-office cloud platform, augmented with machine learning and our own data cloud, to help our salespeople sell more and sell more quickly.

    在銷售方面,我們正在使用我們的前台雲平台,通過機器學習和我們自己的數據云進行增強,以幫助我們的銷售人員銷售更多並更快地銷售。

  • With Marketing Cloud, campaign planning now takes days rather than weeks.

    借助 Marketing Cloud,活動規劃現在只需幾天而不是幾週。

  • And with built-in machine learning, we've seen a doubling in lead conversion.

    借助內置的機器學習,我們發現潛在客戶轉化率翻了一番。

  • We automatically capture millions of activities in sales cloud each year.

    我們每年在銷售雲中自動捕獲數百萬個活動。

  • And with CPQ cloud, ordering is much faster and easier with over 70% of our transactions fully automated.

    借助 CPQ 雲,我們 70% 以上的交易完全自動化,訂購變得更快、更容易。

  • We needed that to handle the increased volumes of transactions as a result of our customers' move to the cloud.

    我們需要它來處理由於客戶遷移到雲端而增加的交易量。

  • In addition, we've adopted the Gen2 Infrastructure, including Autonomous Database, for our custom apps.

    此外,我們還為我們的自定義應用程序採用了 Gen2 基礎設施,包括自治數據庫。

  • Our internal IT costs to run these systems are down by millions while, at the same time, we are adopting more than 100 new features each quarter.

    我們運行這些系統的內部 IT 成本下降了數百萬,與此同時,我們每個季度都採用了 100 多項新功能。

  • Here at Oracle, we are going to continue using our own cloud technology as an intelligent automation engine and continue to simplify our business model and processes.

    在 Oracle,我們將繼續使用我們自己的雲技術作為智能自動化引擎,並繼續簡化我們的業務模型和流程。

  • In turn, I expect that our revenue growth rates will increase and see even more expense efficiencies.

    反過來,我預計我們的收入增長率將會提高,並且費用效率會更高。

  • And as a result, I expect that you will see us expand our margins and grow EPS double digits for the foreseeable future.

    因此,我希望您會看到我們在可預見的未來擴大利潤率並將每股收益增長兩位數。

  • Now on to the numbers.

    現在談談數字。

  • I'll review our non-GAAP results using constant dollar growth rates, unless I state otherwise.

    除非我另有說明,否則我將使用不變的美元增長率來審查我們的非 GAAP 結果。

  • Currency for Q2 was largely in line with my guidance at nearly 1%, and the fact that the growth rates looked the same in a few categories is simply because of rounding.

    第二季度的貨幣基本符合我的指導,接近 1%,而且幾個類別的增長率看起來相同的事實僅僅是因為四捨五入。

  • Total Cloud Services and License Support revenues for the quarter were $6.8 billion, up 3%, accounting for over 70% of total company revenues and most of this is recurring revenue.

    本季度雲服務和許可支持總收入為 68 億美元,增長 3%,占公司總收入的 70% 以上,其中大部分是經常性收入。

  • Cloud and On-Premise License revenues were $1.1 billion, down 7% as more of our GBU customers order cloud instead of license.

    雲和本地許可收入為 11 億美元,下降 7%,因為我們更多的 GBU 客戶訂購雲而不是許可。

  • In terms of ecosystem, GAAP application ecosystem revenues were $2.9 billion, up 4%, with Fusion apps up in the low 30s, including Fusion ERP, up 38%; and Fusion HCM, up 23%.

    在生態系統方面,GAAP 應用生態系統收入為 29 億美元,增長 4%,其中 Fusion 應用增長了 30%,其中 Fusion ERP 增長了 38%; Fusion HCM 增長 23%。

  • NetSuite ERP was up 28%.

    NetSuite ERP 增長了 28%。

  • Vertical SaaS was up low double digits, while data cloud stabilized.

    垂直 SaaS 上漲了兩位數,而數據云則趨於穩定。

  • On a trailing 12-month basis, more than 90% of our application ecosystem revenue is recurring.

    在過去 12 個月的基礎上,我們應用程序生態系統收入的 90% 以上是經常性的。

  • GAAP infrastructure ecosystem revenues were $5 billion, up 1%, with total database revenue up 1% highlighted by BYOL and Autonomous Database revenues, both up over 200% but off a small base for now.

    GAAP 基礎設施生態系統收入為 50 億美元,增長 1%,數據庫總收入增長 1%,BYOL 和自治數據庫收入突出顯示,均增長超過 200%,但目前基數較小。

  • On a trailing 12-month basis, more than 3/4 of our infrastructure ecosystem revenue is recurring.

    在過去 12 個月的基礎上,我們超過 3/4 的基礎設施生態系統收入是經常性的。

  • Just a few days ago, we were able to get our first Gen2 Exadata Cloud at Customer fully deployed and connected.

    就在幾天前,我們能夠在客戶處完全部署和連接我們的第一個 Gen2 Exadata Cloud。

  • It was done in just 4 days.

    它只用了 4 天就完成了。

  • Previously, with our Gen1 architecture, this typically took significantly longer.

    以前,對於我們的 Gen1 架構,這通常需要更長的時間。

  • As a result, we are very optimistic about the impact our Gen2 Cloud at Customer will have on our business.

    因此,我們對我們的 Gen2 Cloud at Customer 將對我們的業務產生的影響非常樂觀。

  • No other cloud provider has the right technology to actually do this.

    沒有其他雲提供商擁有真正做到這一點的正確技術。

  • In terms of geographies, we saw double-digit revenue growth in SaaS revenue in all regions, except EMEA, with especially strong results in Latin America and Japan.

    就地域而言,我們看到除 EMEA 以外的所有地區的 SaaS 收入都實現了兩位數的收入增長,其中拉丁美洲和日本的業績尤為強勁。

  • Gross margin for Cloud Services and License Support was 85%, down slightly from last quarter due to accelerated investments in our Gen2 cloud to address higher demand worldwide.

    雲服務和許可支持的毛利率為 85%,比上一季度略有下降,原因是我們加快了對 Gen2 雲的投資,以滿足全球更高的需求。

  • As we get to scale, I expect our cloud gross margins will grow higher, driving an acceleration in our gross profit growth.

    隨著我們規模的擴大,我預計我們的雲毛利率將增長得更高,從而推動我們的毛利潤增長加速。

  • By the way, our strategic hardware products delivered on-premise, which includes Exadata, grew double digits for the quarter, once again showing that our installed base of customers focused on our world-leading database platform continues to grow.

    順便說一句,我們在本地交付的戰略硬件產品(包括 Exadata)在本季度增長了兩位數,再次表明我們專注於我們世界領先的數據庫平台的客戶群繼續增長。

  • Total revenue for the quarter were $9.6 billion, up 1% from last year.

    本季度總收入為 96 億美元,比去年增長 1%。

  • Non-GAAP operating income was $4 billion, essentially unchanged from last year; and operating margin was 42%, down from 43% last year.

    非美國通用會計準則營業收入為 40 億美元,與去年基本持平;營業利潤率為 42%,低於去年的 43%。

  • The non-GAAP tax rate for the quarter was 18.8%, slightly below our base tax rate of 20%; and EPS was $0.90 in USD, up 13% in constant currency and 12% in USD.

    本季度的非美國通用會計準則稅率為 18.8%,略低於我們 20% 的基本稅率;每股收益為 0.90 美元,按固定匯率計算增長 13%,按美元計算增長 12%。

  • The GAAP tax rate was 17.7%.

    GAAP 稅率為 17.7%。

  • And GAAP EPS was $0.69 in USD, up 15% in constant currency, 14% in USD.

    GAAP 每股收益為 0.69 美元,按固定匯率計算增長 15%,按美元計算增長 14%。

  • Operating cash flow over the last 4 quarters was $13.8 billion.

    過去 4 個季度的運營現金流為 138 億美元。

  • Over the last 4 quarters, capital expenditures were $1.6 billion, and free cash flow was $12.2 billion.

    過去 4 個季度,資本支出為 16 億美元,自由現金流為 122 億美元。

  • We now have approximately $27 billion in cash and marketable securities.

    我們現在擁有大約 270 億美元的現金和有價證券。

  • And short-term net deferred revenue balance is $8.1 billion, down 1% in constant currency due to timing differences in customer payments.

    由於客戶付款的時間差異,短期淨遞延收入餘額為 81 億美元,按固定匯率計算下降 1%。

  • Also, the prior year deferred balance was affected by our transition to ASC 606.

    此外,上一年的遞延餘額受到我們向 ASC 606 過渡的影響。

  • Gross deferred revenue was up over 1% in constant currency and would have been up over 3% if not for the ASC 606 transition changes.

    按固定匯率計算,遞延總收入增長超過 1%,如果不是因為 ASC 606 過渡變化,本應增長超過 3%。

  • We remain committed to returning value to our shareholders through technical innovation, strategic acquisitions, stock repurchases and prudent use of debt and the dividend.

    我們仍然致力於通過技術創新、戰略收購、股票回購以及謹慎使用債務和股息來為股東回報價值。

  • This quarter, we repurchased 91 million shares for a total of $5 billion.

    本季度,我們以總計 50 億美元的價格回購了 9100 萬股股票。

  • Over the last 12 months, we've repurchased nearly 500 million shares for a total of $26 billion.

    在過去的 12 個月裡,我們以總計 260 億美元的價格回購了近 5 億股股票。

  • And over the last 5 years, we've reduced the shares outstanding by more than 25%.

    在過去 5 年裡,我們已將流通股減少了 25% 以上。

  • The Board of Directors again declared a quarterly dividend of $0.24 per share.

    董事會再次宣布派發每股 0.24 美元的季度股息。

  • My guidance today is on a non-GAAP basis and in constant currency.

    我今天的指導是基於非 GAAP 基礎和固定貨幣。

  • Assuming current exchange rates remain the same as they are now, currency should have a 1% negative effect on total revenue and $0.01 negative effect on EPS.

    假設當前匯率保持不變,則貨幣對總收入的負面影響應為 1%,對每股收益的負面影響為 0.01 美元。

  • So for Q3, total revenues are expected to grow 1% to 3% in constant currency.

    因此,對於第三季度,按固定匯率計算,總收入預計將增長 1% 至 3%。

  • And assuming a 1% currency headwind, total revenues are expected to grow 1% to 3% in USD.

    假設 1% 的貨幣逆風,總收入預計將增長 1% 至 3%(以美元計算)。

  • Now I realize that my USD and constant currency revenue guidance sound like they're the same number, but it's just rounding, similar to our revenue growth this quarter.

    現在我意識到我的美元和固定貨幣收入指導聽起來像是相同的數字,但它只是四捨五入,類似於我們本季度的收入增長。

  • I do expect a currency impact of nearly 1%.

    我確實預計貨幣影響將近 1%。

  • Non-GAAP EPS in constant currency is expected to grow between 10% to 12% and be between $0.96 and $0.98 in constant currency.

    按固定匯率計算的非美國通用會計準則每股收益預計將增長 10% 至 12%,按固定匯率計算將在 0.96 美元至 0.98 美元之間。

  • And assuming a $0.01 headwind, non-GAAP EPS in USD is expected to grow between 9% and 11% and be between $0.95 and $0.97 in USD.

    假設逆風為 0.01 美元,以美元計算的非 GAAP 每股收益預計將增長 9% 至 11%,以美元計算為 0.95 美元至 0.97 美元。

  • Total CapEx for fiscal year '20 is expected to be around $2.2 billion, but it could move higher based on demand for data center growth.

    20 財年的總資本支出預計約為 22 億美元,但根據對數據中心增長的需求,它可能會更高。

  • My EPS guidance for Q2 and fiscal year '20 assumes a base tax rate of 20%.

    我對第二季度和 20 財年的 EPS 指導假設基本稅率為 20%。

  • However, onetime tax events could cause actual tax rates for any given quarter to vary from our base tax rate.

    但是,一次性稅務事件可能導致任何給定季度的實際稅率與我們的基本稅率不同。

  • But I expect that in normalizing for those onetime tax benefits -- tax events, our tax rate will average around 20% in fiscal year 2020.

    但我預計,在將那些一次性稅收優惠——稅收事件——的正常化過程中,我們的稅率在 2020 財年將平均在 20% 左右。

  • And finally, for fiscal year 2020, I continue to expect that in constant currency, total revenue will grow faster than last year, and that we will report double-digit EPS growth for the year.

    最後,對於 2020 財年,我繼續預計以固定匯率計算,總收入的增長速度將快於去年,並且我們將報告當年的每股收益增長達到兩位數。

  • And with that, I'll turn it over to Larry for his comments.

    有了這個,我會把它交給拉里徵求他的意見。

  • Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

    Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

  • Thank you, Safra.

    謝謝你,薩夫拉。

  • As I've said before, there are 2 key product areas that will determine Oracle's future in the cloud: Cloud ERP applications and the Autonomous Database.

    正如我之前所說,有兩個關鍵產品領域將決定 Oracle 在雲中的未來:雲 ERP 應用程序和自治數據庫。

  • Being the clear #1 in both of these 2 giant applications and infrastructure market segments will enable the success of our other application and infrastructure products in adjacent market segments.

    在這兩個巨大的應用程序和基礎設施細分市場中成為明確的第一名將使我們的其他應用程序和基礎設施產品在相鄰的細分市場中取得成功。

  • This is already happening in applications.

    這已經在應用程序中發生了。

  • We have a huge lead in Cloud ERP with over 7,000 Fusion ERP customers and 20,000 NetSuite ERP customers.

    我們在 Cloud ERP 領域處於領先地位,擁有超過 7,000 個 Fusion ERP 客戶和 20,000 個 NetSuite ERP 客戶。

  • Our closest cloud ERP competitor is Workday, and they claim to have a few hundred ERP customers.

    我們最接近的雲 ERP 競爭對手是 Workday,他們聲稱擁有數百名 ERP 客戶。

  • Workday's lack of success in cloud ERP is creating opportunities for Oracle in cloud HCM.

    Workday 在雲 ERP 領域的失敗正在為 Oracle 在雲 HCM 領域創造機會。

  • More and more, we are seeing HCM as being purchased as a part of an ERP cloud application suite.

    我們越來越多地看到 HCM 作為 ERP 雲應用程序套件的一部分被購買。

  • As a result, today, we have more HCM customers than Workday.

    因此,今天,我們的 HCM 客戶比 Workday 還多。

  • And we're beginning to see that same integrated suite strategy beginning to drive our sales of CX, customer experience, applications in sales, in service and in marketing.

    我們開始看到同樣的集成套件戰略開始推動我們的 CX、客戶體驗、銷售、服務和營銷應用程序的銷售。

  • SAP never rewrote their ERP applications for the cloud.

    SAP 從未為雲重寫他們的 ERP 應用程序。

  • As a result, SAP's installed base is very vulnerable.

    因此,SAP 的客戶群非常脆弱。

  • We've already replaced and successfully migrated many midsized SAP customers from SAP to Fusion ERP.

    我們已經替換並成功地將許多中型 SAP 客戶從 SAP 遷移到 Fusion ERP。

  • Importantly, a few months from now, in Q1 calendar year 2020, one of SAP's biggest customers will go live on Fusion ERP.

    重要的是,幾個月後,即 2020 日曆年第一季度,SAP 最大的客戶之一將開始使用 Fusion ERP。

  • Many of SAP's largest customers are already working with us to develop plans to migrate to Fusion ERP.

    許多 SAP 最大的客戶已經在與我們合作制定遷移到 Fusion ERP 的計劃。

  • SAP's customer base is up for grabs.

    SAP 的客戶群正在爭奪中。

  • They didn't rewrite their applications for the cloud.

    他們沒有為雲重寫他們的應用程序。

  • That has created an enormous opportunity for Oracle.

    這為甲骨文創造了巨大的機會。

  • We're already declared #1 in the cloud ERP market as measured in market share.

    根據市場份額衡量,我們已經宣佈在雲 ERP 市場中排名第一。

  • And our Cloud ERP business is already growing at a rate of over 30%.

    我們的雲 ERP 業務已經以超過 30% 的速度增長。

  • By offering a safe and compelling alternative to SAP's old technology, we can increase our applications growth rate far beyond that 30%.

    通過為 SAP 的舊技術提供安全且引人注目的替代方案,我們可以將應用程序增長率提高到遠遠超過 30%。

  • We are very, very comfortable that we will be overwhelming winner in this generation cloud ERP business.

    我們非常非常高興我們將在這一代云 ERP 業務中成為壓倒性的贏家。

  • Now let's look at some application wins in the quarter.

    現在讓我們看一下本季度獲得的一些應用程序。

  • Advance Publications, a media company, bought ERP.

    媒體公司 Advance Publications 購買了 ERP。

  • Albertsons got ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    Albertsons 獲得了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • C.H. Robinson Worldwide, a transportation company, bought ERP and EPM.

    C.H.運輸公司 Robinson Worldwide 購買了 ERP 和 EPM。

  • DHL Supply Chain, big German company, bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    德國大公司DHL Supply Chain收購了ERP、EPM和供應鏈。

  • Edwards Lifesciences, a medical equipment company, bought ERP.

    醫療設備公司 Edwards Lifesciences 購買了 ERP。

  • By the way, I'm not mentioning any associated HCM deals because I have a separate list for HCM.

    順便說一下,我沒有提到任何相關的 HCM 交易,因為我有一個單獨的 HCM 列表。

  • So a lot of these guys -- maybe next quarter, I'll put the HCM deals right next to the ERP deal so you could see -- because I'll be repeating a lot of these names when I get to my HCM list.

    所以很多這樣的人——也許下個季度,我會把 HCM 交易放在 ERP 交易旁邊,這樣你就可以看到——因為當我進入我的 HCM 列表時,我會重複很多這些名字。

  • That's the point I made earlier that people are now looking at HCM as just another module that we need in the back office.

    這就是我之前提出的觀點,人們現在將 HCM 視為我們在後台需要的另一個模塊。

  • Very important.

    很重要。

  • Edwards Lifesciences bought ERP.

    Edwards Lifesciences 購買了 ERP。

  • Ferguson, a manufacturing firm, bought ERP and supply chain.

    製造公司 Ferguson 購買了 ERP 和供應鏈。

  • Globo companies, big energy firm, bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    Globo 公司,大型能源公司,購買了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • NCR Financial Services bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    NCR Financial Services 收購了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • NetScout, telecommunications company, bought supply chain.

    電信公司 NetScout 收購了供應鏈。

  • Mutual Life Assurance bought ERP and supply chain.

    Mutual Life Assurance 購買了 ERP 和供應鏈。

  • Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, big energy company, bought ERP.

    大型能源公司 Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline 購買了 ERP。

  • Technip, another energy company, bought ERP.

    另一家能源公司 Technip 收購了 ERP。

  • By the way, SAP is supposed to be very strong in energy.

    順便說一下,SAP 的能量應該很強。

  • Texas Children's Health Care -- Hospital bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    Texas Children's Health Care——醫院購買了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • Unilever bought ERP and supply chain.

    聯合利華收購了 ERP 和供應鏈。

  • Baker Hughes, energy company, bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    能源公司 Baker Hughes 購買了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • Carlson Wagonlit, travel services, ERP, CPM and supply chain.

    Carlson Wagonlit、旅遊服務、ERP、CPM 和供應鏈。

  • Kuwait Petroleum, energy company, bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    能源公司 Kuwait Petroleum 購買了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • Liberty Global, communications company, ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    Liberty Global、通信公司、ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • Manpower, the global services company, bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    全球服務公司 Manpower 收購了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • Sherwin-Williams, that's what they bought: ERP, EPM and supply chain, the suite.

    Sherwin-Williams,這就是他們購買的東西:ERP、EPM 和供應鏈,套件。

  • A lot of people are buying multiple modules.

    很多人購買多個模塊。

  • It's not just ERP.

    不僅僅是 ERP。

  • It's ERP, it's EPM, Enterprise Performance Management.

    它是 ERP,它是 EPM,企業績效管理。

  • It's supply chain.

    是供應鏈。

  • It's manufacturing.

    是製造業。

  • Bank of New York Mellon bought ERP, EPM and supply chain.

    紐約梅隆銀行購買了 ERP、EPM 和供應鏈。

  • Airport Terminal Services -- oh, I'm sorry, now I'm on my HCM group.

    機場航站樓服務——哦,對不起,現在我在我的 HCM 組。

  • I'm in the HCM group, they're all grouped together.

    我在 HCM 組,他們都分組在一起。

  • Airport Terminal Services bought HCM.

    Airport Terminal Services 收購了 HCM。

  • [Apparel Bosco], retail, HCM.

    [服裝 Bosco],零售,HCM。

  • Banque Saudi fransi bought HCM.

    Banque Saudi fransi 收購了 HCM。

  • CenterPoint Energy, another energy company, bought HCM.

    另一家能源公司 CenterPoint Energy 收購了 HCM。

  • Cummins, manufacturing company, HCM; Graybar Electric bought HCM; Holologic (sic) [Hologic], HCM.

    康明斯,製造公司,HCM; Graybar Electric 收購了 HCM;全息(原文如此)[Hologic],HCM。

  • HUS, that's the hospital -- those are the hospitals in Finland run by the federal government in Finland, bought HCM; Mountaire Farms, HCM.

    HUS,那是醫院——那些是芬蘭聯邦政府在芬蘭經營的醫院,購買了 HCM;胡志明市蒙太爾農場。

  • North Atlantic Refining -- again, this is my HCM list -- big energy company, and SAP's stronghold in the energy sector, bought HCM from us; Southern Star Central Pipeline, big gas company, energy, HCM; Technip, energy company, HCM.

    North Atlantic Refining——再次,這是我的 HCM 清單——大型能源公司和 SAP 在能源領域的據點,從我們這裡購買了 HCM; Southern Star Central Pipeline、大型天然氣公司、能源、HCM; Technip,能源公司,HCM。

  • Tenet Healthcare bought HCM, Texas Children's Hospital bought HCM and Whatabrands bought HCM.

    Tenet Healthcare 收購了 HCM,德克薩斯兒童醫院收購了 HCM,而 Whatabrands 收購了 HCM。

  • Birmingham City Council bought HCM.

    伯明翰市議會收購了 HCM。

  • Kuwait Petroleum Company, a big energy company, bought HCM.

    大型能源公司科威特石油公司收購了 HCM。

  • MEDNAX health care, HCM; Phoenix Life Holdings, HCM.

    MEDNAX 醫療保健,HCM;鳳凰人壽控股,HCM。

  • In customer experience, Equinix bought service.

    在客戶體驗方面,Equinix 購買了服務。

  • Ferguson Enterprises bought service.

    弗格森企業購買了服務。

  • Ferrari bought sales and marketing.

    法拉利購買了銷售和營銷。

  • IKEA bought service.

    宜家購買服務。

  • Nordstrom bought service.

    Nordstrom 購買了服務。

  • PayPal bought marketing, Rabobank bought service and Santander Bank bought service.

    PayPal 購買了營銷,Rabobank 購買了服務,Santander Bank 購買了服務。

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Let me move on to the other segment, which is Autonomous Database and Gen2 infrastructure.

    讓我轉到另一個部分,即自治數據庫和 Gen2 基礎設施。

  • In the database market, we are the overwhelming #1 with a combination of a dominant share on-premise and very strong market share in the cloud.

    在數據庫市場,我們是壓倒性的第一名,結合了在本地的主導份額和非常強大的雲市場份額。

  • Though I have yet to see any good data on database market share in the cloud.

    儘管我還沒有看到任何關於雲數據庫市場份額的好數據。

  • Our database business is growing very, very rapidly because we have an enormous technology advantage in the cloud over all of our competitors with Autonomous Database.

    我們的數據庫業務增長得非常非常快,因為我們在雲端擁有自治數據庫的所有競爭對手的巨大技術優勢。

  • Autonomous Database is the world's only autonomous database.

    自治數據庫是世界上唯一的自治數據庫。

  • What does that mean?

    那是什麼意思?

  • That means when you configure the system, you don't do anything.

    這意味著當您配置系統時,您什麼都不做。

  • The system configures itself.

    系統自行配置。

  • Robots configure the system.

    機器人配置系統。

  • The reason Capital One lost all that data at AWS is because one of the Capital One people made a configuration error.

    Capital One 在 AWS 丟失所有數據的原因是因為其中一位 Capital One 人員犯了配置錯誤。

  • You can't make configuration errors with the autonomous database because human beings don't configure the system.

    您不能對自治數據庫進行配置錯誤,因為人類不會配置系統。

  • A lot of these above-the-fold headlines of people losing their data are caused by human errors.

    許多關於人們丟失數據的頭條新聞都是人為錯誤造成的。

  • People forget to patch systems.

    人們忘記給系統打補丁。

  • Remember that one?

    還記得那個嗎?

  • They patched some but not all of the systems.

    他們修補了一些但不是所有系統。

  • And Equifax.

    還有 Equifax。

  • Equifax, it was a patchy [structured] database, didn't get patched.

    Equifax,它是一個不完整的 [結構化] 數據庫,沒有打補丁。

  • They didn't find them all.

    他們沒有全部找到。

  • Guess what?

    你猜怎麼著?

  • Autonomous Database automatically patches itself when a security flaw is detected.

    當檢測到安全漏洞時,自治數據庫會自動修補自身。

  • And by the way, they detected that security flaw over at Equifax.

    順便說一下,他們在 Equifax 發現了安全漏洞。

  • They knew about it.

    他們知道這件事。

  • They just didn't get around to patching it.

    他們只是沒有時間修補它。

  • Patching it is hard.

    修補它很難。

  • They have to find all the databases.

    他們必須找到所有的數據庫。

  • You have to schedule downtime.

    您必須安排停機時間。

  • You don't schedule downtime with the Autonomous Database.

    您無需使用自治數據庫安排停機時間。

  • You patch the Autonomous Database while the database is still running.

    在數據庫仍在運行時修補自治數據庫。

  • But you don't patch the database.

    但是你不修補數據庫。

  • It's the robots.

    是機器人。

  • Our robots patch the database.

    我們的機器人修補數據庫。

  • That's why it's autonomous.

    這就是為什麼它是自治的。

  • There's no human labor, so there's no human error.

    沒有人工勞動,所以沒有人為錯誤。

  • So if you're willing to pay less and not have that human labor, you get rid of all those mistakes.

    因此,如果您願意支付更少的費用並且不需要人工,那麼您就可以避免所有這些錯誤。

  • This is a gigantic technology advantage.

    這是一個巨大的技術優勢。

  • By the way, and we're 10x faster than anything Amazon has.

    順便說一下,我們比亞馬遜的任何產品都快 10 倍。

  • That means we're much cheaper than anything Amazon has, much safer, much easier to use, builds applications faster.

    這意味著我們比亞馬遜擁有的任何產品都便宜得多,更安全,更易於使用,可以更快地構建應用程序。

  • So we already have thousands of Autonomous Database customers running in our public cloud.

    所以我們已經有成千上萬的自治數據庫客戶在我們的公共雲中運行。

  • We added 2,000 more this quarter.

    本季度我們又增加了 2,000 個。

  • And our autonomous business, as Safra said, is growing in excess of 200%, our Autonomous Database business, off a small base.

    正如 Safra 所說,我們的自治業務增長超過 200%,我們的自治數據庫業務基數很小。

  • Admittedly, it's a relatively new product, but it's on its way to being the most successful new product introduction in our company's history.

    誠然,這是一個相對較新的產品,但它正在成為我們公司歷史上最成功的新產品介紹。

  • Now this triple-digit growth rate I expect will spike up dramatically because of another thing Safra just mentioned, our introduction of our Autonomous Database Cloud at Customer, Gen2 Cloud at Customer.

    現在,由於 Safra 剛剛提到的另一件事,我預計這個三位數的增長率將急劇上升,我們在客戶處引入了我們的自治數據庫雲,在客戶處引入了 Gen2 雲。

  • Now when people can start putting Autonomous Database, they're already -- I mean all our Autonomous Database customers, let me be clear, are in our public cloud.

    現在,當人們可以開始放置自治數據庫時,他們已經——我的意思是我們所有的自治數據庫客戶,讓我明確一點,都在我們的公共雲中。

  • A lot of our customers, especially those in regulated markets, big banks, people -- government agencies, defense ministries, people have got -- they need the Autonomous Database capabilities behind their firewall in their data center.

    我們的許多客戶,尤其是受監管市場的客戶、大銀行、人們——政府機構、國防部,人們已經擁有——他們需要在其數據中心防火牆後面的自治數據庫功能。

  • And over the next few months, we're rolling out this Autonomous Database Gen2 Cloud at Customer.

    在接下來的幾個月裡,我們將在客戶處推出這個自治數據庫 Gen2 雲。

  • Now all of our cloud competitors are trying to create these outposts of their cloud on the floors of their customers.

    現在,我們所有的雲競爭對手都試圖在客戶的地板上創建這些雲的前哨站。

  • We actually have it working.

    我們實際上讓它工作。

  • And in fact, we're in our second generation of this.

    事實上,我們已經是第二代了。

  • We did it early, albeit at a reasonable first generation job, but the second time's a charm.

    我們很早就做到了,儘管第一代的工作還算合理,但第二次是一種魅力。

  • And this new Gen2 stuff was -- can be installed in a day.

    這個新的 Gen2 東西可以在一天內安裝。

  • Now the first one we installed in 4 days.

    現在,我們在 4 天內安裝了第一個。

  • We expect to do that even faster.

    我們希望能更快地做到這一點。

  • There will be more time spent unpacking the hardware and plugging it in than readying the software because it just syncs up with our public cloud, and you're off and running.

    與準備軟件相比,將花費更多的時間來打開硬件和插入硬件,因為它只是與我們的公共云同步,而您已經關閉並運行。

  • This is going to be a huge opportunity for us to dramatically increase the adoption rate on Autonomous Database, very excited about that.

    這將是我們大幅提高自治數據庫採用率的巨大機會,對此我們感到非常興奮。

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • When that happens, we think by any measure, we will be -- not only have the overwhelming market share lead on-prem but the overwhelming market share lead in the cloud.

    當這種情況發生時,我們認為無論以何種標準衡量,我們都將——不僅在本地擁有壓倒性的市場份額,而且在雲中也擁有壓倒性的市場份額。

  • We expect to hold on to our database franchise in a big way.

    我們希望在很大程度上保留我們的數據庫專營權。

  • So it's interesting that both of our Autonomous Database and our cloud applications are running in our new Gen2 highly secure infrastructure.

    所以有趣的是,我們的自治數據庫和雲應用程序都在我們新的 Gen2 高度安全的基礎架構中運行。

  • And by the end of 2020, by the end of next calendar year, this time next year, I'll be able to say that we have more Gen2 data centers in more countries than Amazon Web Services has data centers, period.

    到 2020 年底,到下一個日曆年年底,也就是明年的這個時候,我可以說我們在更多國家/地區擁有的 Gen2 數據中心比 Amazon Web Services 擁有的數據中心還要多。

  • We're adding lots and lots of data centers in lots and lots of countries.

    我們正在很多很多國家增加很多很多數據中心。

  • And again, we'll have -- we'll be in more data centers in more countries than Amazon by the end -- a year from now.

    再一次,我們將擁有——到年底,我們將在比亞馬遜更多的國家擁有更多的數據中心——一年後。

  • That's very, very exciting.

    這非常非常令人興奮。

  • Now let's look at some of our Autonomous Database and Gen2 infrastructure wins this quarter.

    現在讓我們來看看我們在本季度贏得的一些自治數據庫和 Gen2 基礎設施。

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Afia International, big manufacturing firm; Albertsons.

    Afia International,大型製造公司;艾伯森。

  • This is another -- this is more synergy that -- I've got to mention, when people buy our applications, they buy our ERP applications.

    這是另一個 - 這是更多的協同作用 - 我必須提到,當人們購買我們的應用程序時,他們會購買我們的 ERP 應用程序。

  • They also build data warehouses associated with those applications.

    他們還構建與這些應用程序關聯的數據倉庫。

  • They do a lot of work.

    他們做了很多工作。

  • So a lot of our application customers are beginning to be Autonomous Database customers and infrastructure customers.

    所以我們的很多應用程序客戶都開始成為自治數據庫客戶和基礎設施客戶。

  • So yes, when you buy ERP, you might also buy HCM.

    所以是的,當你購買 ERP 時,你可能還會購買 HCM。

  • But when you buy ERP, you're also going to buy the Fusion data warehouse, which is an Autonomous Database product and an infrastructure product.

    但是當你購買ERP的時候,你也會購買Fusion數據倉庫,它是一個自治數據庫產品,也是一個基礎設施產品。

  • You're going to buy analytics and our Gen2 data center.

    您將購買分析和我們的 Gen2 數據中心。

  • You're going to become an infrastructure customer as well as an application customer.

    您將成為基礎架構客戶和應用程序客戶。

  • And we see a lot of overlap.

    我們看到很多重疊。

  • We often see people buying suites of applications, ERP plus HCM plus sales, things like that, but also applications plus infrastructure.

    我們經常看到人們購買應用程序套件,ERP 加 HCM 加銷售,諸如此類,還有應用程序加基礎設施。

  • Aon Financial Services; Biogen bought autonomous data warehouse; Cisco Systems; again, Gen2 infrastructure and autonomous data warehouse; Clearstream Services, same thing, Gen2 infrastructure, autonomous data warehouse; Embraer Aviation, the Brazilian airplane -- aircraft manufacturer, autonomous database and Gen2 infrastructure; Equity Bank of Kenya, autonomous database, Gen2 infrastructure; Fastenal Company, a big distribution company in the United States, Gen2 infrastructure; Health Care Services Corp, Gen2 infrastructure and autonomous database; Interac, Gen2 infrastructure; King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Autonomous Database, autonomous transaction processing; Macquarie University, Autonomous Database, Gen2 infrastructure; Manchester, Autonomous Database and Gen2 infrastructure.

    怡安金融服務; Biogen 購買了自治數據倉庫;思科系統;同樣,Gen2 基礎設施和自治數據倉庫; Clearstream Services,同樣的東西,Gen2 基礎設施,自治數據倉庫;巴西航空工業公司,巴西飛機——飛機製造商、自主數據庫和 Gen2 基礎設施;肯尼亞股票銀行、自治數據庫、Gen2 基礎設施;美國大型分銷公司Fastenal Company,Gen2基礎設施; Health Care Services Corp、Gen2 基礎設施和自治數據庫; Interac,Gen2 基礎設施; King Faisal 專科醫院和研究中心,自治數據庫,自治事務處理;麥考瑞大學,自治數據庫,Gen2 基礎設施;曼徹斯特,自治數據庫和 Gen2 基礎設施。

  • MGM Entertainment, Autonomous Database, autonomous transaction processing; Providence Health Care Services, Autonomous Database, autonomous transaction processing; Schenker Logistics in Germany, autonomous data warehouse; [Sour], Gen2 infrastructure; Swiss Post, Gen2 infrastructure, autonomous data warehouse; Target, based in the United States, Autonomous Database -- autonomous data warehouse; Technip, energy company that I've mentioned that bought, I believe, HCM, ERP, bought the full suite and Gen2 infrastructure and Autonomous Database; The Boston Globe, Gen2 infrastructure, Autonomous Database; Thermos, Autonomous Database, autonomous transaction processing; Hypersoft, Autonomous Database; Tideworks Netherlands, Gen2 infrastructure; Tokyo Gas and Electric, autonomous data warehouse, Gen2 infrastructure; TriMark USA, Gen2 infrastructure; Walgreens, autonomous data warehouse, autonomous transaction processing, Gen2 infrastructure; [Weizig Bank], autonomous data warehouse, Gen2 infrastructure.

    MGM Entertainment,自治數據庫,自治事務處理; Providence Health Care Services、自治數據庫、自治事務處理;德國Schenker Logistics,自主數據倉庫; [酸],Gen2 基礎設施;瑞士郵政、Gen2 基礎設施、自治數據倉庫; Target,總部位於美國,Autonomous Database——自治數據倉庫;我提到的 Technip 能源公司購買了 HCM、ERP,購買了全套套件和 Gen2 基礎設施和自治數據庫;波士頓環球報,Gen2 基礎設施,自治數據庫; Thermos,自治數據庫,自治事務處理; Hypersoft,自治數據庫; Tideworks Netherlands,Gen2 基礎設施; Tokyo Gas and Electric,自主數據倉庫,Gen2 基礎設施; TriMark USA,Gen2 基礎設施; Walgreens、自主數據倉庫、自主交易處理、Gen2 基礎設施; [Weizig Bank],自主數據倉庫,Gen2 基礎設施。

  • ZIM, the big shipping company, you see a lot of Maersk, you see ZIM on lots and lots of containers, Autonomous Database, autonomous transaction processing and Gen2 infrastructure.

    ZIM,大型航運公司,你會看到很多馬士基,你會在很多集裝箱、自治數據庫、自治事務處理和 Gen2 基礎設施上看到 ZIM。

  • AXA Equitable Life Insurance, Autonomous Database, Gen2 infrastructure; Banco de Chile, Autonomous Database, autonomous data warehouse, Gen2 infrastructure; Baxter Healthcare, autonomous data warehouse; Cigna Corporate Services, autonomous data warehouse, Gen2 infrastructure; Eventbrite, Gen2 infrastructure; Ford Motor Company, Gen2 infrastructure, Autonomous Database, autonomous warehouse; Mary Kay, Gen2 infrastructure; Samsung Electronics, Gen2 infrastructure, Autonomous Database, autonomous transaction processing; Vericon, Gen2 infrastructure, Autonomous Database and autonomous transaction processing.

    AXA Equitable Life Insurance、自治數據庫、Gen2 基礎設施; Banco de Chile,自治數據庫,自治數據倉庫,Gen2 基礎設施; Baxter Healthcare,自治數據倉庫; Cigna Corporate Services、自主數據倉庫、Gen2 基礎設施; Eventbrite,Gen2 基礎設施;福特汽車公司,Gen2 基礎設施,自治數據庫,自治倉庫;玫琳凱,Gen2 基礎設施;三星電子、Gen2 基礎設施、自治數據庫、自治事務處理; Vericon、Gen2 基礎設施、自治數據庫和自治事務處理。

  • With that, I will turn it over to the audience for questions.

    有了這個,我將把它交給觀眾提問。

  • Ken Bond - SVP of IR

    Ken Bond - SVP of IR

  • Thank you, Holly.

    謝謝你,霍莉。

  • Thank you, Larry.

    謝謝你,拉里。

  • Holly, if you could please prepare the audience for questions?

    霍莉,你能不能讓聽眾準備好提問?

  • Operator

    Operator

  • (Operator Instructions) And our first question is going to come from the line of Michael Turits, Raymond James.

    (操作員說明)我們的第一個問題將來自 Michael Turits,Raymond James。

  • Michael Turits - MD of Equity Research & Infrastructure Software Analyst

    Michael Turits - MD of Equity Research & Infrastructure Software Analyst

  • Safra, it was great to see that you reaffirmed your guidance for the full year for revenue acceleration and double-digit EPS growth.

    Safra,很高興看到您重申了全年收入加速增長和每股收益兩位數增長的指導方針。

  • But with the 3Q guide, it does suggest a very strong fourth quarter on top of what was a strong fourth quarter than last year.

    但是根據 3Q 指南,它確實表明第四季度比去年強勁。

  • So can you give us a little bit of visibility into what's driving that confidence?

    那麼,您能否讓我們了解一下是什麼推動了這種信心?

  • And also, I know it's early, but given what that means for fourth quarter, what does that mean in terms of what it implies about fiscal '21?

    而且,我知道現在還早,但考慮到這對第四季度意味著什麼,這對 21 財年意味著什麼?

  • Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

    Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

  • So we've got everything finally out and available.

    所以我們終於把所有東西都拿出來了。

  • And as Larry and I both mentioned, we've got Cloud at Customer.

    正如 Larry 和我都提到的,我們在 Customer 擁有 Cloud。

  • We have a lot of orders for that, that we have not deployed yet, so we've got a lot of demand there.

    我們有很多訂單,我們還沒有部署,所以我們有很多需求。

  • We've got Autonomous Database.

    我們有自治數據庫。

  • We've got new versions of Autonomous Database on track.

    我們已經有了新版本的自治數據庫。

  • We've got the entire Fusion suite rolling, including all of the additional modules have all been continuously upgraded, so we've got an immense amount of demand.

    我們已經推出了整個 Fusion 套件,包括所有附加模塊都在不斷升級,因此我們有大量的需求。

  • And we have enormous pipelines, and our conversion rates are increasing.

    我們擁有龐大的管道,我們的轉化率也在提高。

  • And so the pipe has just expanded so dramatically that I know we're going to have more bookings but also previous bookings, as those deals are ramping up and more users are using the products, we're very, very upbeat about the second half but even more so next year.

    因此,管道剛剛擴張得如此之快,以至於我知道我們將有更多的預訂,而且還有以前的預訂,因為這些交易正在增加,更多的用戶正在使用這些產品,我們對下半年非常、非常樂觀但明年更是如此。

  • We believe that the momentum we will have in the second half of this year will more than carry through to 2021.

    我們相信,今年下半年的勢頭將延續到 2021 年。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • And our next question is going to come from the line of Heather Bellini, Goldman Sachs.

    我們的下一個問題將來自高盛的 Heather Bellini。

  • Heather Anne Bellini - MD & Analyst

    Heather Anne Bellini - MD & Analyst

  • And I'm going to try and get away with 2 questions.

    我將嘗試回答 2 個問題。

  • But I guess, the first one, Safra, as you mentioned about License this quarter, it was a little lighter than what I think people were expecting.

    但我想,第一個,Safra,正如你在本季度提到的許可證,它比我認為人們預期的要輕一些。

  • I know we're talking about a big base, but if there's anything you could call out in terms of whether it's the sales force reorg or just macro or whatever in terms of the results in the quarter on that line.

    我知道我們正在談論一個大的基礎,但如果有任何你可以提出的問題,無論是銷售人員重組還是只是宏觀,或者就該行的季度結果而言。

  • And then I know just covering the company for a while, given the lumpiness historically between Q2 and Q3, I know sometimes deals push from 1 quarter to the next and typically, it's better to just average those 2 quarters.

    然後我知道只覆蓋公司一段時間,考慮到第二季度和第三季度之間歷史上的波動,我知道有時交易會從一個季度推到下一個季度,通常情況下,最好只是平均這兩個季度。

  • But how do you feel about the outlook for the Q3 license number?

    但您如何看待Q3牌照的前景?

  • And then I just had one follow-up, if you don't mind.

    如果你不介意的話,我只進行了一次跟進。

  • Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

    Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

  • I generally feel very good about the Q3 license number.

    Q3車牌號我總體感覺很好。

  • As you said, it is lumpy.

    正如你所說,它是塊狀的。

  • The one thing we do have is that the GBUs, which are, of course, not a giant part of our license business but are significant, they have moved, and their cloud products have become available.

    我們確實擁有的一件事是 GBU,它們當然不是我們許可業務的重要組成部分,但很重要,它們已經轉移,並且它們的雲產品已經可用。

  • And I do expect that most of the orders for new services in the GBUs will come through as Cloud Services instead of just plain license.

    而且我確實希望 GBU 中的大部分新服務訂單將作為雲服務而不是簡單的許可來獲得。

  • But I don't think that will be as significant.

    但我認為這不會那麼重要。

  • I do expect that licenses, in fact, will be just fine in Q3 other than the GBU piece.

    事實上,我確實希望許可證在第三季度會很好,而不是 GBU 部分。

  • Heather Anne Bellini - MD & Analyst

    Heather Anne Bellini - MD & Analyst

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • And then -- and just my follow-up, I mean these calls just still don't feel the same without Mark being on them.

    然後 - 只是我的後續行動,我的意思是如果沒有馬克在場,這些電話仍然感覺不一樣。

  • And with all due respect to him, to his passing, just knowing how hard it is going to be to replace him, I mean, is there anything to share with us regarding you getting someone to kind of help take his place and some of the responsibilities that you've taken over?

    懷著對他的尊重,對他的逝世,我知道接替他有多麼困難,我的意思是,關於你找人幫忙接替他的位置,有什麼可以和我們分享的嗎?你接手的職責?

  • Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

    Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • This is Larry.

    這是拉里。

  • I'd like to answer that question because I get the question is: so how is our search for a second CEO guy?

    我想回答這個問題,因為我得到的問題是:我們如何尋找第二位 CEO 人選?

  • I remember when we announced 2 CEOs the first time was people thought that was a bit odd.

    我記得當我們第一次宣布 2 位 CEO 時,人們認為這有點奇怪。

  • And so now people are finding that we have 1 CEO is a bit odd, 2 is a bit -- so let me make it very simple.

    所以現在人們發現我們有 1 位 CEO 有點奇怪,2 位 CEO 有點——所以讓我簡單點。

  • How is our search going for the new -- for a second CEO?

    我們對新任 CEO 的尋找進展如何?

  • We don't have one.

    我們沒有。

  • We have no plans for having a second CEO.

    我們沒有任命第二任首席執行官的計劃。

  • It was an unusual situation where Mark and Safra were an absolutely fantastic team, but we have complete confidence in our existing management team.

    這是一個不尋常的情況,Mark 和 Safra 是一支絕對出色的團隊,但我們對現有的管理團隊充滿信心。

  • We're doing a lot of recruiting.

    我們正在做很多招聘。

  • You'll see a lot of announcements at the next layer down, that we're hiring a bunch of people at the next layer down who are potential CEOs when both Safra and I retire, which is not anytime soon.

    你會在下一層看到很多公告,我們正在下一層招聘一群人,當我和 Safra 都退休時,他們是潛在的 CEO,這不會很快。

  • And so we're going to strengthen the management team, but one of the strategies for strengthening that team is not to hire a second CEO.

    因此,我們將加強管理團隊,但加強該團隊的戰略之一是不聘請第二位首席執行官。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question is going to come from the line of Brad Zelnick, Cr?dit Suisse.

    我們的下一個問題將來自 Brad Zelnick, Cr?dit Suisse。

  • Brad Alan Zelnick - MD

    Brad Alan Zelnick - MD

  • Great.

    偉大的。

  • Larry, the momentum in Autonomous Database is fantastic, growing over 100% in your public cloud.

    Larry,自治數據庫的發展勢頭非常好,在您的公共雲中增長超過 100%。

  • But having been in market now for over a year, I know investors are wondering when we might see an inflection in your financial results from Autonomous.

    但是現在已經上市一年多了,我知道投資者想知道我們什麼時候會看到 Autonomous 的財務業績出現拐點。

  • And I appreciate many customers are including some of the required database option in their deals.

    我很感激許多客戶在他們的交易中包括了一些必需的數據庫選項。

  • But now that you're making it available on Gen2 Cloud at Customer, how should we think about the appetite from your installed base?

    但是現在您在 Customer 的 Gen2 Cloud 上提供它,我們應該如何考慮您的安裝基礎的需求?

  • How material can it be to your financials?

    它對您的財務狀況有多重要?

  • And is there anything you might compare it to in Oracle's history?

    您可以將它與 Oracle 的歷史進行比較嗎?

  • Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

    Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

  • Well, no.

    好吧,不。

  • I mean either -- in terms of the technological breakthrough, well, yes, I guess we're the first commercial relational database.

    我的意思是——就技術突破而言,嗯,是的,我想我們是第一個商業關係數據庫。

  • The very beginning, that's kind of what created Oracle Corporation, right?

    一開始,這就是創建 Oracle Corporation 的原因,對吧?

  • So we had the very first commercial relational database.

    所以我們有了第一個商業關係數據庫。

  • We had one before IBM did or anyone else did.

    在 IBM 或其他任何人之前,我們就有了一個。

  • So that traded -- that turned this company from an idea into the company that manages most of the world's information.

    所以交易 - 將這家公司從一個想法變成了管理世界大部分信息的公司。

  • So I would say Autonomous Database is that same kind of thing.

    所以我會說自治數據庫是同一類東西。

  • It is so much different, so much safer to use, so much more reliable than anything else that's in the market.

    它非常不同,使用起來更加安全,比市場上的任何其他產品都更加可靠。

  • I think everyone is going to use it.

    我想每個人都會使用它。

  • Virtually everyone is going to use it.

    幾乎每個人都會使用它。

  • Now that said, it is -- it takes a while when you introduce an all-new product.

    話雖如此,它是——當你推出一個全新的產品時需要一段時間。

  • The good news is we have a huge installed base.

    好消息是我們擁有龐大的安裝基礎。

  • It takes a while for that -- for us to ship, if you will, a next-gen technology and get people comfortable with it and using it.

    這需要一段時間——如果你願意的話,我們可以發布下一代技術,讓人們適應並使用它。

  • And that first year, we've seen a lot of early adopters, but the early adopters are now in the thousands.

    第一年,我們看到了很多早期採用者,但現在早期採用者已達數千人。

  • And we think, eventually, the only database we'll offer is Autonomous Database.

    我們認為,最終,我們將提供的唯一數據庫是自治數據庫。

  • It will replace everything else.

    它將取代其他一切。

  • And by the way, an Autonomous Database is only available in 2 forms.

    順便說一下,自治數據庫只有兩種形式。

  • If we put a cloud -- if we put our cloud in your data center, that's our Exadata machine and our middleware machines, and all of that's in our storage in your data center and in our public cloud.

    如果我們把雲——如果我們把我們的雲放在你的數據中心,那就是我們的 Exadata 機器和我們的中間件機器,所有這些都在你的數據中心和我們的公共雲中的存儲中。

  • So we think it'll be consumed in one of those 2 ways and that will replace our entire base.

    所以我們認為它會以這兩種方式之一被消耗掉,這將取代我們的整個基地。

  • So it means that our existing database business, from a financial standpoint, will more than double or triple -- or triple probably is a reasonable estimate to look at.

    因此,這意味著從財務角度來看,我們現有的數據庫業務將增加一倍或三倍以上——或者三倍可能是一個合理的估計。

  • Now of course, when you're in your business, it's all about timing.

    現在,當然,當您從事業務時,一切都與時間有關。

  • And I wish I could tell you exactly how much we'll sell over the next 18 months.

    我希望我能準確地告訴您我們在接下來的 18 個月內將銷售多少。

  • That's kind of tricky.

    這有點棘手。

  • Now we don't have that many data points.

    現在我們沒有那麼多數據點。

  • We have 4 quarters of data points.

    我們有 4 個季度的數據點。

  • And the first couple of quarters, it was so new.

    前幾個季度,它太新了。

  • So we really only have a couple of quarters of data points.

    所以我們真的只有幾個季度的數據點。

  • All I can say is none of us have ever seen an adoption rate like this before.

    我只能說,我們之前從未見過這樣的採用率。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question is going to come from the line of Phil Winslow, Wells Fargo.

    我們的下一個問題將來自富國銀行的 Phil Winslow。

  • Philip Alan Winslow - Senior Analyst

    Philip Alan Winslow - Senior Analyst

  • Just wanted to focus in on the applications business.

    只想專注於應用程序業務。

  • Obviously, you saw a nice tick back up here quarter-to-quarter in terms of the year-over-year growth rate.

    顯然,就同比增長率而言,你看到了一個很好的季度環比回升。

  • I guess the question is for Safra and I guess Larry, too, when you think about the sort of the different curves that build up that business, obviously, you've talked about it in the past, some of the headwinds from things like Data Cloud but then also some of the wins that we saw in your Fusion, Fusion ERP and NetSuite this quarter.

    我想這個問題是針對 Safra 的,我想 Larry 也一樣,當你考慮建立該業務的不同曲線時,顯然,你過去曾談到過它,一些不利因素來自 Data Cloud,還有我們在本季度的 Fusion、Fusion ERP 和 NetSuite 中看到的一些勝利。

  • Where are we when we stack all those curves together?

    當我們將所有這些曲線疊加在一起時,我們在哪裡?

  • Are we past sort of those headwinds, and we're now looking at sort of acceleration from here?

    我們是否已經過去了那些逆風,我們現在正在尋找從這裡開始的某種加速?

  • In other words, Q1 was the trough?

    換句話說,Q1是低谷?

  • Or just help us kind of layer cake that up if you could.

    或者,如果可以的話,只是幫助我們做一些蛋糕。

  • Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

    Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

  • So let me get it started, and then Larry can add when he needs to add.

    所以讓我開始吧,然後 Larry 可以在需要添加時添加。

  • So first of all, the Data Cloud has stabilized.

    所以首先,數據云已經穩定下來。

  • I don't know if it will stay that way, but that was a very significant headwind for us in that whole business.

    我不知道它是否會保持這種狀態,但這對我們整個業務來說是一個非常大的阻力。

  • It has completely stabilized.

    它已經完全穩定下來。

  • It grew ever so slightly.

    它的生長非常輕微。

  • Additionally, the adoption in our ERP cloud is now such that it's in the thousands.

    此外,我們的 ERP 雲中的採用現在已達到數千。

  • We have many, many references.

    我們有很多很多參考資料。

  • And what happens in our business is that once you are sort of obviously referenceable, it becomes much, much easier for other potential customers to move ahead.

    在我們的業務中發生的事情是,一旦您明顯具有可參考性,其他潛在客戶就會變得非常非常容易繼續前進。

  • One of the things that had been, to some extent, leading to a wait-and-see attitude by some historically business suite customers was the adoption of, first, availability and now adoption of supply chain.

    在某種程度上,導致一些歷史上商務套件客戶持觀望態度的事情之一是首先採用可用性,現在採用供應鏈。

  • Our supply chain now has many, many customers.

    我們的供應鏈現在有很多很多客戶。

  • And so more of our customers are willing and interested in moving.

    因此,我們更多的客戶願意並有興趣搬家。

  • Remember, every single quarter, 100-plus new features become available.

    請記住,每個季度都會有 100 多個新功能可用。

  • And some of those have been must-have features for extremely happy customers in the business suite.

    其中一些已成為商務套件中非常滿意的客戶必備的功能。

  • Simultaneously, as Larry mentioned, SAP customers realized that SAP's offerings are not cloud offerings.

    同時,正如 Larry 提到的,SAP 客戶意識到 SAP 的產品不是雲產品。

  • If you use SAP's technology, you don't get 100 new features every quarter.

    如果你使用 SAP 的技術,你不會每個季度獲得 100 個新功能。

  • Theirs is simply a hosted offering, which means that we are the obvious choice for customers who want to go through and really adopt a digital approach in their business.

    他們的產品只是託管產品,這意味著對於想要在其業務中真正採用數字方法的客戶來說,我們是顯而易見的選擇。

  • And so for us, this is going to be success leads more success.

    所以對我們來說,這將是成功帶來更多成功。

  • It's an incredibly virtuous cycle.

    這是一個令人難以置信的良性循環。

  • And as Larry mentioned, what it also means is that additional modules are going with, and that's clearly showing up in our other segments.

    正如拉里提到的,這也意味著額外的模塊正在使用,並且這清楚地顯示在我們的其他細分市場中。

  • And of course, HCM, which is obviously a match and then ultimately, the front office, where we've got a lot of new technology rolling out that is being adopted.

    當然,HCM,這顯然是一場比賽,然後最終是前台,我們在那裡推出了許多正在採用的新技術。

  • Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

    Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

  • Yes, I think a lot of SAP is -- again, in the mid-market, we are replacing a lot of SAP customers.

    是的,我認為很多 SAP 是——同樣,在中端市場,我們正在取代很多 SAP 客戶。

  • And we've got them live, and we have references.

    我們已經讓他們活下來了,我們有參考資料。

  • But right at the very apex of SAP's customer base, in their top 50 customers around the world, they're all looking at this one particular implementation that -- where we expect to go live in March next year.

    但就在 SAP 客戶群的最頂端,在他們全球前 50 位客戶中,他們都在關注這個特定的實施——我們預計明年 3 月將在該實施中上線。

  • And I would describe them as rooting for us.

    我會把他們描述為支持我們。

  • They want to have an alternative to a $1 billion SAP upgrade.

    他們希望有一個替代 10 億美元的 SAP 升級。

  • SAP end-of-lifed their current stuff in 2025.

    SAP 在 2025 年淘汰了他們目前的產品。

  • So if you're a big SAP customer, you've got to make it -- in fact, some people have bought -- actually bought ahead -- actually bought S/4HANA in the cloud with no plan -- with no really good plan to implement.

    所以如果你是 SAP 的大客戶,你必須做到這一點——事實上,有些人已經購買了——實際上是提前購買了——實際上是在沒有計劃的情況下在雲中購買了 S/4HANA——沒有真正好的計劃實施。

  • It's a 5-year implementation.

    這是一個5年的實施。

  • They're getting price quotes of $1 billion for the upgrade.

    他們獲得了 10 億美元的升級報價。

  • Imagine going from your existing SAP system, taking out Oracle and replacing HANA, and that's the only change.

    想像一下,從您現有的 SAP 系統中移除 Oracle 並替換 HANA,這是唯一的變化。

  • Basically, that's the only change.

    基本上,這是唯一的變化。

  • And it's hosted, it's not cloud.

    它是託管的,不是雲。

  • There is no cloud.

    沒有云。

  • Anyway, I want to say -- well, it's easy for Oracle to say, go to SAP's website and try to find the SAP cloud for ERP.

    無論如何,我想說——好吧,甲骨文說起來很容易,去 SAP 的網站並嘗試找到用於 ERP 的 SAP 雲。

  • I mean you can find it for the stuff they bought.

    我的意思是你可以找到他們買的東西。

  • You can find it for Callidus, which is on one cloud.

    您可以在一朵雲上找到 Callidus。

  • You can find it for Ariba, which is on another cloud.

    你可以在另一個雲上為 Ariba 找到它。

  • You -- I mean you can find it for little SurveyMonkey and all the stuff that they bought.

    你——我的意思是你可以為小 SurveyMonkey 和他們購買的所有東西找到它。

  • But they forgot to write ERP -- that's their business, and they forgot to rewrite ERP.

    但是他們忘了編寫 ERP——那是他們的事,他們忘了重寫 ERP。

  • Their projects that they had to do, they're called business by design, failed.

    他們不得不做的項目,他們被稱為設計業務,失敗了。

  • They canceled it.

    他們取消了它。

  • So there is no cloud option for SAP's customers.

    因此,SAP 的客戶沒有云選項。

  • They can't go to Workday.

    他們不能去工作日。

  • Workday can't even handle mid-market ERP.

    Workday 甚至無法處理中端市場 ERP。

  • So we're it.

    所以我們就是了。

  • So believe me, they want an alternative to SAP.

    所以請相信我,他們想要一個 SAP 的替代品。

  • Makes sense, right, that they should want an alternative.

    有道理,對,他們應該想要一個替代方案。

  • But we've just got to demonstrate that we can safely take these enormous companies to the cloud in a way that they're not putting their business in any risk.

    但我們必須證明,我們可以安全地將這些大公司帶到雲端,而不會讓他們的業務面臨任何風險。

  • And that's why this one particular giant implementation, they're watching closely.

    這就是為什麼他們正在密切關注這一特殊的巨大實施。

  • But by the way, they're not just watching and waiting.

    但順便說一下,他們不僅僅是在觀望和等待。

  • A number of their biggest customers in the heart of Germany, lots of them are working with -- these are German customers, the core of SAP, are working with us and taking some of their -- moving some of their divisions already -- some of their divisions to Oracle Fusion to persuade themselves that we could do this safely.

    他們在德國中心的一些最大客戶,他們中的很多人正在與之合作——這些是德國客戶,SAP 的核心,正在與我們合作並帶走他們的一些——已經轉移了他們的一些部門——一些他們的部門向 Oracle Fusion 說服自己,我們可以安全地做到這一點。

  • They've gone that far.

    他們已經走了那麼遠。

  • They don't want to continue with this obsolete code.

    他們不想繼續使用這個過時的代碼。

  • This is -- this opportunity is gigantic because we have 1 ERP customer on -- competitor on-premise.

    這是 - 這個機會是巨大的,因為我們有 1 個 ERP 客戶 - 本地競爭對手。

  • They don't have a cloud offering, that's SAP.

    他們沒有云產品,那是 SAP。

  • And we've got 1 ERP cloud competitor that just is not doing very well, having a hard time getting their business off the ground, doesn't scale, there are a lot of problems.

    我們有 1 個 ERP 雲競爭對手,他們做得不是很好,很難讓他們的業務起步,沒有擴展,存在很多問題。

  • So we have a chance here to be -- to get what used to be in the old world called gate share for ERP and like Microsoft Office, to be the Microsoft Office of ERP, and it's sitting there.

    因此,我們有機會成為 - 獲得過去在舊世界中稱為 ERP 門共享的東西,就像 Microsoft Office 一樣,成為 ERP 的 Microsoft Office,它就在那裡。

  • And we just have to get this last proof point out to SAP's largest customers, yes, we can do this, we can do it safely.

    我們只需要向 SAP 的最大客戶指出最後的證據,是的,我們可以做到,我們可以安全地做到這一點。

  • And we will be overwhelmingly the largest application company in the cloud.

    我們將以壓倒性優勢成為雲中最大的應用程序公司。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question is going to come from the line of Mark Moerdler, Sanford Bernstein.

    我們的下一個問題將來自 Sanford Bernstein 的 Mark Moerdler。

  • Mark L. Moerdler - Senior Research Analyst

    Mark L. Moerdler - Senior Research Analyst

  • Autonomous Database sounds like it's really starting to gain traction.

    自治數據庫聽起來真的開始受到關注。

  • Given the shift of sales personnel to selling Autonomous, can you give us some more color specifically?

    鑑於銷售人員轉向銷售Autonomous,您能否具體給我們一些顏色?

  • Specifically, are you seeing the customers buying the required modules as license?

    具體來說,您是否看到客戶購買所需的模塊作為許可證?

  • Are they including it with the cloud?

    他們是否將其包含在雲中?

  • Are you seeing changes in the size of the customer, the size of the pipeline, the time it takes from customer interest to adoption?

    您是否看到客戶規模、管道規模、從客戶感興趣到採用所需時間的變化?

  • Any of that would be really appreciated.

    任何這些都將不勝感激。

  • Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

    Lawrence J. Ellison - Co-Founder, Chairman & CTO

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • I'm happy to do that.

    我很樂意這樣做。

  • I think the most interesting thing that's going on is we've decided to take, if you will, an AWS approach to selling Autonomous Database in the cloud.

    我認為正在發生的最有趣的事情是我們決定採用 AWS 方法在雲中銷售自治數據庫。

  • So we almost prefer selling a $30,000 deal to $100,000 deal because a $30,000 deal we can close in 4 weeks.

    所以我們幾乎更願意出售 30,000 美元到 100,000 美元的交易,因為我們可以在 4 週內完成 30,000 美元的交易。

  • So we think the way to sell Autonomous Database is to get it installed on a project in one of our customers, get it going, help them become successful.

    所以我們認為銷售自治數據庫的方法是將它安裝在我們的一個客戶的項目中,讓它繼續運行,幫助他們取得成功。

  • And then once they actually got their hands on Autonomous Database, and they have working out -- and they have working projects, working data warehouses, working transaction processing systems, you start land-and-expand.

    然後,一旦他們真正接觸到自治數據庫,並且他們已經開始工作——並且他們有工作項目、工作數據倉庫、工作事務處理系統,你就開始著陸和擴展。

  • So we are selling thousands and thousands of small deals.

    所以我們正在出售成千上萬的小交易。

  • And some of those deals are already coming back as larger deals.

    其中一些交易已經以更大的交易形式回歸。

  • But our approach again, is to -- and most of it is not BYOL because they're small.

    但我們的方法還是——而且大部分不是 BYOL,因為它們很小。

  • I mean some of it is, not -- some of it is BYOL, but the majority is not BYOL.

    我的意思是其中一些是,不是 - 其中一些是 BYOL,但大多數不是 BYOL。

  • It was interesting in the early days in ERP, when we had ERP, people said, well, you just move your e-business suite customers.

    在早期的 ERP 中很有趣,當我們有 ERP 時,人們說,好吧,你只需移動你的電子商務套件客戶。

  • No, they were new logos.

    不,它們是新徽標。

  • But in the early days, in cloud ERP for us, they were new logos.

    但在早期,對於我們來說,在雲 ERP 中,它們是新標識。

  • Believe it or not, we're actually seeing new logos in database.

    信不信由你,我們實際上在數據庫中看到了新徽標。

  • But again, most of them are our customers.

    但同樣,他們中的大多數是我們的客戶。

  • But they're not using their existing licenses, they're going ahead and using a standard cloud license, it's called -- what we call takeup.

    但是他們沒有使用現有的許可證,他們繼續使用標準的雲許可證,這就是我們所說的佔用。

  • They pay us takeup, you pay for what you use.

    他們付給我們使用費,您為使用的東西付費。

  • I mean it's the promise of the cloud.

    我的意思是這是雲的承諾。

  • And we're getting thousands of these because we think the best-selling technique for Autonomous Database is try it, get it running, watch.

    我們得到了數以千計的這些,因為我們認為自治數據庫最暢銷的技術是嘗試、讓它運行、觀察。

  • It backs itself up.

    它支持自己。

  • It upgrades itself.

    它會自我升級。

  • It tunes itself.

    它自己調音。

  • It configures itself.

    它會自行配置。

  • There's nothing like it.

    沒有比這更好的了。

  • We just got to win those hearts and minds.

    我們只是要贏得那些人心。

  • And the way to do that is go wide across our entire customer base.

    做到這一點的方法是擴大我們整個客戶群。

  • That's what's going on.

    這就是正在發生的事情。

  • And again, it's working very, very well.

    再一次,它工作得非常非常好。

  • I think it's working very, very well because we're seeing -- just beginning to see the first people coming back and going from $30,000 a month to $600,000 a month.

    我認為它運作得非常非常好,因為我們看到 - 剛剛開始看到第一批人回來並且從每月 30,000 美元增加到每月 600,000 美元。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our final question for today will come from the line of Kirk Materne, Evercore.

    我們今天的最後一個問題將來自 Evercore 的 Kirk Materne。

  • Stewart Kirk Materne - Senior MD & Fundamental Research Analyst

    Stewart Kirk Materne - Senior MD & Fundamental Research Analyst

  • Safra, I was just wondering if you could comment on just sort of the geographic landscape for you all.

    Safra,我只是想知道你是否可以為大家評論一下地理景觀。

  • It looked like Europe was perhaps a little bit softer than your other geographies this quarter.

    看起來歐洲本季度可能比其他地區要溫和一些。

  • Maybe that's just macro.

    也許這只是宏觀的。

  • I was wondering if you could just add a little bit color on sort of what you're seeing across the different theaters.

    我想知道你是否可以為你在不同劇院看到的東西添加一點顏色。

  • Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

    Safra Ada Catz - CEO & Director

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • This quarter, EMEA only grew in the single digits.

    本季度,EMEA 僅以個位數增長。

  • Some of the other regions did grow in the high double digits, some very high double digits.

    其他一些地區確實以高兩位數的速度增長,一些非常高的兩位數。

  • And I think there's nothing really special going on one way or the other.

    而且我認為在某種程度上並沒有什麼特別的。

  • Some of it's just the way the quarter falls out for them.

    其中一些只是本季度對他們不利的方式。

  • But overall, our business remains very strong.

    但總的來說,我們的業務仍然非常強勁。

  • And I think that next quarter could be completely different.

    我認為下個季度可能會完全不同。

  • So it was -- it's really nothing.

    原來如此——真的沒什麼。

  • We're not seeing a massive change even month-over-month or quarter-over-quarter from what it looked like.

    我們甚至沒有看到它看起來像逐月或逐季發生巨大變化。

  • Obviously, there are some regions doing very, very well for a number of different reasons as they get to roll out new capabilities.

    顯然,由於一些不同的原因,有些地區在推出新功能時做得非常非常好。

  • We've got a lot of -- we've got data centers opening and have opened very, very successfully in Latin America and in Asia and in Japan.

    我們有很多——我們已經開設了數據中心,並且在拉丁美洲、亞洲和日本都非常非常成功地開設了數據中心。

  • And so we've got a lot of usage and increase in some of those areas, which helped to explain some of the big growth in some of those areas.

    因此,我們在其中一些領域有大量使用和增長,這有助於解釋其中一些領域的一些巨大增長。

  • But EMEA, I think we'll see -- there's nothing special, in particular.

    但是 EMEA,我想我們會看到——沒有什麼特別的。

  • I have no real color to add.

    我沒有真正的顏色可以添加。

  • And we'll see what happens after today's election in the U.K.

    我們將看看今天英國大選後會發生什麼。

  • Ken Bond - SVP of IR

    Ken Bond - SVP of IR

  • Thank you, Safra.

    謝謝你,薩夫拉。

  • A telephonic replay of this conference call will be available for 24 hours.

    此電話會議的電話重播將持續 24 小時。

  • Dial-in information can be found in the press release issued earlier today.

    撥入信息可在今天早些時候發布的新聞稿中找到。

  • Please call the Investor Relations department with any follow-up questions from this call.

    如有任何後續問題,請致電投資者關係部門。

  • We look forward to speaking to you.

    我們期待與您交談。

  • With that, I'll turn the call back to Holly for closing.

    有了這個,我會把電話轉回給霍莉結束。

  • Thank you.

    謝謝你。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Thank you for joining us for today's Oracle Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference Call.

    感謝您參加今天的 Oracle 2020 年第二季度收益電話會議。

  • We appreciate your participation.

    感謝您的參與。

  • You may now disconnect.

    您現在可以斷開連接。