BlackBerry Ltd (BB) 2021 Q1 法說會逐字稿

完整原文

使用警語:中文譯文來源為 Google 翻譯,僅供參考,實際內容請以英文原文為主

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Good afternoon, and welcome to the BlackBerry First Quarter Fiscal Year 2021 Results Conference Call.

    下午好,歡迎參加 BlackBerry 2021 財年第一季度業績電話會議。

  • My name is Josh, and I will be your conference moderator for today's call.

    我的名字是喬希,我將擔任今天電話會議的主持人。

  • (Operator Instructions)

    (操作員說明)

  • As a reminder, this conference is being recorded for replay purposes.

    提醒一下,正在錄製本次會議以供重播。

  • I would now like to turn today's call over to Christopher Lee, Vice President of Finance.

    我現在想將今天的電話轉給財務副總裁 Christopher Lee。

  • Please go ahead.

    請繼續。

  • Christopher Lee - VP of Finance

    Christopher Lee - VP of Finance

  • Thank you, Josh.

    謝謝你,喬希。

  • Welcome to the BlackBerry Fiscal 2021 First Quarter Results conference call.

    歡迎參加 BlackBerry 2021 財年第一季度業績電話會議。

  • With me on the call today are Executive Chair and Chief Executive Officer, John Chen; and Chief Financial Officer, Steve Rai.

    今天與我通話的還有執行主席兼首席執行官 John Chen;和首席財務官 Steve Rai。

  • After I read our cautionary note regarding forward-looking statements, John will provide a business update, and Steve will then review the financial results.

    在我閱讀我們關於前瞻性陳述的警告說明後,約翰將提供業務更新,然後史蒂夫將審查財務結果。

  • We will then open the call for a brief Q&A session.

    然後,我們將打開電話進行簡短的問答環節。

  • This call is available to the general public via call-in numbers and via webcast in the investor information section at blackberry.com.

    公眾可通過電話號碼和 blackberry.com 的投資者信息部分的網絡廣播向公眾提供本次電話會議。

  • A replay will also be available on the blackberry.com website.

    blackberry.com 網站上也將提供重播。

  • Some of the statements we'll be making today constitute forward-looking statements and are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of applicable U.S. and Canadian securities laws.

    我們今天將做出的一些陳述構成前瞻性陳述,並且是根據適用的美國和加拿大證券法的安全港條款做出的。

  • We'll indicate forward-looking statements by using words such as expect, will, should, model, intend, believe and similar expressions.

    我們將使用諸如期望、將、應該、模型、打算、相信和類似的表達方式來表明前瞻性陳述。

  • Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by the company in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments as well as other factors that the company believes are relevant.

    前瞻性陳述是基於公司根據其經驗和對歷史趨勢、當前狀況和預期未來發展的看法以及公司認為相關的其他因素做出的估計和假設。

  • Many factors could cause the company's actual results or performance to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements.

    許多因素可能導致公司的實際結果或業績與前瞻性陳述中明示或暗示的結果或業績存在重大差異。

  • These factors include the risk factors that are discussed in the company's annual filings and MD&A and the COVID-19 pandemic, which is negatively impacting public health, financial markets and global economic activity.

    這些因素包括公司年度申報和 MD&A 中討論的風險因素以及對公共衛生、金融市場和全球經濟活動產生負面影響的 COVID-19 大流行。

  • You should not place undue reliance on the company's forward-looking statements.

    您不應過分依賴公司的前瞻性陳述。

  • The company has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, except as required by law.

    除法律要求外,公司無意且不承擔更新或修改任何前瞻性陳述的義務。

  • As is customary during the call, John and Steve will reference non-GAAP numbers in their summary of our quarterly results.

    按照電話會議的慣例,約翰和史蒂夫將在他們的季度業績摘要中引用非公認會計準則數字。

  • For a reconciliation between our GAAP and non-GAAP numbers, please see the earnings press release and supplement published earlier today, which are available on the EDGAR, SEDAR and blackberry.com website.

    有關我們的 GAAP 和非 GAAP 數字之間的核對,請參閱今天早些時候發布的收益新聞稿和補充,這些信息可在 EDGAR、SEDAR 和 blackberry.com 網站上找到。

  • I will now turn the call over to John.

    我現在將把電話轉給約翰。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you, Steve -- Chris.

    謝謝你,史蒂夫——克里斯。

  • Sorry, I was looking at Steve.

    抱歉,我在看史蒂夫。

  • Thank you, Chris.

    謝謝你,克里斯。

  • Good afternoon, everybody.

    大家下午好。

  • I hope that all of you and your families and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during these very unprecedented times.

    我希望你們所有人以及你們的家人和親人在這個前所未有的時期都保持安全和健康。

  • This fiscal quarter of ours, which happened during March, April and May, overlapped directly with COVID-19 business constraints, resulting in both headwinds and tailwinds.

    我們的這個財政季度發生在 3 月、4 月和 5 月,與 COVID-19 業務限制直接重疊,導致逆風和順風。

  • The entire company moved to working from home in early March, and operation has been recently smoothed.

    3月初,全公司開始居家辦公,近期運行平穩。

  • I will start with the financial highlights in the quarter and then move into business commentary.

    我將從本季度的財務亮點開始,然後進入商業評論。

  • I will reference non-GAAP number in my summary.

    我將在摘要中引用非 GAAP 數字。

  • In our first fiscal quarter, we reported total company revenue of $214 million.

    在我們的第一財季,我們報告的公司總收入為 2.14 億美元。

  • All the businesses performed in line or better than our expectation, except for QNX, which was negatively affected by global auto production shutdowns.

    除 QNX 受到全球汽車停產的負面影響外,所有業務的表現均符合或好於我們的預期。

  • However, our enterprise product and services that feature security and productivity benefit from the increase in remote working, business continuity and crisis management's use cases with our customers.

    但是,我們具有安全性和生產力的企業產品和服務受益於遠程工作、業務連續性和危機管理與客戶的用例的增加。

  • Total company billings were also down year-over-year due to the pandemic, but the billings' decline in rate was less than the revenue decline rate, this is, of course, big positive for future revenue.

    由於大流行,公司總賬單也同比下降,但賬單的下降率低於收入下降率,這對未來的收入當然是很大的利好。

  • Gross margin was 71%.

    毛利率為 71%。

  • We achieved a profit of $0.02 per share.

    我們實現了每股 0.02 美元的利潤。

  • BlackBerry continues to balance profitability and investment for the long term.

    從長遠來看,黑莓繼續平衡盈利能力和投資。

  • Cash used in operation was $31 million versus $64 million in cash used in operation last year.

    運營中使用的現金為 3100 萬美元,而去年運營中使用的現金為 6400 萬美元。

  • As you are aware, our first fiscal quarter typically has the high use of cash due to the commission and the annual bonuses payment.

    如您所知,由於佣金和年度獎金支付,我們的第一財季通常會大量使用現金。

  • This year, we spread the annual bonus payment over to -- the first 2 quarters.

    今年,我們將年度獎金分配到前兩個季度。

  • Total ending and investment balance at May 31 was $955 million.

    截至 5 月 31 日的總期末和投資餘額為 9.55 億美元。

  • Before I move on to business commentary, please be reminded that we have fully integrated Cylance into BlackBerry on March 1, the start of our current fiscal year.

    在我繼續進行商業評論之前,請注意,我們已於 3 月 1 日(即我們當前財政年度的開始)將 Cylance 完全集成到 BlackBerry 中。

  • As a result, we are now operating in 2 reporting groups: the Software and Services group and the Licensing and Others group.

    因此,我們現在在 2 個報告組中運營:軟件和服務組以及許可和其他組。

  • Let me start with the Licensing and Other groups.

    讓我從許可和其他組開始。

  • Revenue was $58 million in the quarter, in line with our expectation.

    本季度收入為 5800 萬美元,符合我們的預期。

  • The vast majority of the revenue is from IP licensing.

    絕大部分收入來自知識產權許可。

  • We're off to a solid set for the fiscal year.

    我們將在本財年取得穩固的成績。

  • Moving on to the Software and Services group, revenue was -- came in at $156 million, 1-5-6.

    轉到軟件和服務部門,收入為 1.56 億美元,1-5-6。

  • ARR was approximately $500 million and the dollar-based net retention rate was 93%.

    ARR 約為 5 億美元,基於美元的淨保留率為 93%。

  • Going forward, we intend to provide these metrics on a quarterly basis.

    展望未來,我們打算每季度提供這些指標。

  • Net customer churn was close to 0%, and there has been no change to that -- this net churn rate for the last several quarters.

    淨客戶流失率接近 0%,並且沒有任何變化——過去幾個季度的淨流失率。

  • Let me click down on the key product component of the group.

    讓我單擊該組的關鍵產品組件。

  • Let's start with QNX.

    讓我們從 QNX 開始。

  • Development seat, professional services and royalty revenue were all negatively impacted, primarily due to the auto shutdown, production shutdown and the project delays.

    開發席位、專業服務和特許權使用費收入均受到負面影響,主要是由於汽車停產、停產和項目延誤。

  • That said, we're starting to see signs of recovery in the auto sector, evidenced by the reopening of the production facilities.

    也就是說,我們開始看到汽車行業出現復甦的跡象,生產設施的重新開放就是明證。

  • Engagement with our auto and general embedded customer has increased on projects that we were working on prior to the shutdown as well as new opportunity that came up.

    與我們的汽車和一般嵌入式客戶的合作在我們關閉之前正在開展的項目以及出現的新機會上有所增加。

  • We anticipated a slow and gradual recovery for QNX throughout the year.

    我們預計 QNX 全年將緩慢而漸進地複蘇。

  • It will take time for the production to ramp back to full capacity.

    生產需要一段時間才能恢復到滿負荷生產。

  • In the quarter, QNX was chosen for 10 design wins, 6 of which were in the general embedded market for industrial and medical applications.

    在本季度,QNX 獲得了 10 項設計大獎,其中 6 項來自工業和醫療應用的通用嵌入式市場。

  • The remaining 4 were in auto, including an ADAS advanced driver assist software, design wins with Hyundai Autron.

    其餘 4 款用於汽車,包括 ADAS 高級駕駛員輔助軟件,與現代 Autron 合作設計獲勝。

  • And an acoustic win -- design win we have with Volvo.

    還有聲學上的勝利——我們與沃爾沃的設計上的勝利。

  • The other 2 auto design awards were for the secure gateway and an infotainment systems.

    其他 2 個汽車設計獎分別是安全網關和信息娛樂系統。

  • This continued design wins -- win momentum supports our leadership positions.

    這種持續的設計獲勝——獲胜勢頭支持我們的領導地位。

  • Our latest automotive installed base number is over 175 million, an increase from 150 million last year.

    我們最新的汽車安裝基數超過 1.75 億,高於去年的 1.5 億。

  • These metrics, which we generally update once a year have been validated by Strategy Analytics, an independent third party.

    我們通常每年更新一次的這些指標已經過獨立第三方 Strategy Analytics 的驗證。

  • In an attempt to provide more information about on QNX business, we have decided to share our royalty revenue backlog on an annual basis.

    為了提供有關 QNX 業務的更多信息,我們決定每年分享我們的特許權使用費收入積壓。

  • The backlog is based on the customer estimate of lifetime volume of the design when it is awarded.

    待辦事項是基於客戶在授予設計時對其生命週期體積的估計。

  • As of today, the estimated royalty revenue backlog is at $450 million.

    截至今天,預計特許權使用費收入積壓為 4.5 億美元。

  • QNX is a recognized name associated with safety and trust, and we continue to expect that QNX will be selected for many design wins in the future.

    QNX 是一個與安全和信任相關的公認名稱,我們繼續期待 QNX 將在未來獲得許多設計勝利。

  • These design wins will add on incremental revenue from development seats, professional services as well as royalties.

    這些設計勝利將增加來自開發席位、專業服務以及特許權使用費的增量收入。

  • Our 4-year historical compound annual growth rate, or CAGR, is 13%, which is well ahead of the 5% market CAGR over the same period.

    我們的 4 年曆史複合年增長率或複合年增長率為 13%,遠高於同期 5% 的市場複合年增長率。

  • Over the next 5 years, we plan to achieve a CAGR above the market growth rate of 11%, which is cited by McKinsey for automotive, operating system and middleware over the next decade.

    在未來 5 年,我們計劃實現高於 11% 的市場增長率的複合年增長率,這是麥肯錫在未來 10 年引用的汽車、操作系統和中間件市場增長率。

  • Our plan to accelerate the QNX growth rate includes increased investment to gain market share in both the auto and general embedded markets and to grow our professional services business.

    我們加快 QNX 增長率的計劃包括增加投資以在汽車和通用嵌入式市場中獲得市場份額,並發展我們的專業服務業務。

  • We recently launched our first service package that offer cybersecurity assessment and testing.

    我們最近推出了第一個提供網絡安全評估和測試的服務包。

  • Moving on to AtHoc.

    轉到 AtHoc。

  • Our crisis communication life cycle solution, AtHoc was a performance leader this quarter.

    我們的危機溝通生命週期解決方案 AtHoc 在本季度表現出色。

  • AtHoc is very well suited for business continuity, preparedness and execution in the current environment.

    AtHoc 非常適合當前環境中的業務連續性、準備和執行。

  • We had a number of new customer wins and competitive wins -- competitive situations, sorry, including wins with first responder agency and energy companies.

    我們贏得了許多新的客戶勝利和競爭勝利——競爭情況,抱歉,包括與第一響應機構和能源公司的勝利。

  • We also had a strong quarter expansion and renewals.

    我們也有強勁的季度擴張和續約。

  • After the quarter, we announced several notable new logos, including United States Department of Transportation and a U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

    本季度之後,我們宣布了幾個值得注意的新標誌,包括美國交通部和美國聯邦貿易委員會。

  • We also expanded our business with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

    我們還擴大了與美國衛生與公眾服務部的業務。

  • Moving on to Cylance and UEM, which going forward will referred to as the Spark platform.

    繼續討論 Cylance 和 UEM,它們將被稱為 Spark 平台。

  • BlackBerry Cylance was slightly ahead of consensus expectation for the quarter.

    黑莓 Cylance 略高於本季度的普遍預期。

  • We added 279 new customers and new active subscription customer growth was about 15%, 1-5.

    我們增加了 279 名新客戶,新的活躍訂閱客戶增長率約為 15%,1-5。

  • This is a measure on a year-over-year basis.

    這是一個逐年衡量的標準。

  • Notable new customers include: General Motors; Becton, Dickinson; Phillips Healthcare; SKF, which is one of the Sweden largest manufacturer; the New Zealand Defense Force; and the United States Census Bureau, just to name a few.

    值得注意的新客戶包括:通用汽車;貝克頓,狄金森;菲利普斯醫療保健; SKF,瑞典最大的製造商之一;新西蘭國防軍;和美國人口普查局,僅舉幾例。

  • We have been -- we have seen revenue steadily increase for the bundle that includes OPTICS, which is our EDR product and PROTECT, which happens to be our EPP product.

    我們一直 - 我們看到包含 OPTICS(我們的 EDR 產品)和 PROTECT(恰好是我們的 EPP 產品)的捆綁包的收入穩步增長。

  • Interest in our managed service offering, GUARD continues to be strong since its launch last July, resulting in sequential revenue growth of over 85%, which is [what] I have to caution, this is of a small base.

    對我們的託管服務產品的興趣,GUARD 自去年 7 月推出以來一直保持強勁,導致收入連續增長超過 85%,這是我必須警告的,這是一個很小的基數。

  • BlackBerry Cylance performed extraordinarily well in the recent MITRE evaluation, which is regarded by the industry as the most objective and transparent standards currently in the market.

    黑莓 Cylance 在最近的 MITRE 評測中表現異常出色,被業界視為目前市場上最客觀、最透明的標準。

  • We clearly demonstrated our AI-led solution and managed service protect customers from global threat actors.

    我們清楚地展示了我們以人工智能為主導的解決方案和託管服務保護客戶免受全球威脅行為者的侵害。

  • We were especially pleased by the performance of OPTICS, which surpassed many EDR players who happen to be ranked above us in industry analyst reports.

    我們對 OPTICS 的表現感到特別高興,它超越了許多在行業分析報告中恰好排在我們之上的 EDR 玩家。

  • Our UEM business also executed well, benefited from the increased need to deploy more endpoint, especially in mobile.

    我們的 UEM 業務也執行得很好,這得益於部署更多端點的需求增加,尤其是在移動端。

  • Demand was strong from our regulated industry customers.

    我們受監管的行業客戶的需求強勁。

  • Let me name you some notable wins, notable customers.

    讓我為您命名一些顯著的勝利,顯著的客戶。

  • They are include -- they include American Express, CIBC, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Qatar National Bank, The National Commercial Bank, Absa Bank, The Development Bank of Singapore, the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, and the Republic of India.

    它們包括 - 它們包括美國運通、CIBC、歐洲復興開發銀行、卡塔爾國家銀行、國家商業銀行、Absa 銀行、新加坡開發銀行、三菱 UFJ 金融集團和印度共和國。

  • With the Republic of India win, we now have 18 of the G20 governments as customers.

    隨著印度共和國獲勝,我們現在有 18 個 G20 政府作為客戶。

  • These wins, I hope you agree, will solidify our strength in the financial services and government vertical.

    我希望你同意,這些勝利將鞏固我們在金融服務和政府垂直領域的實力。

  • Let me wrap up with the Spark Suites.

    讓我總結一下 Spark 套房。

  • Enterprise today face an increasingly chaotic environment with cyberthreats are ever more sophisticated and pervasive.

    當今的企業面臨著越來越混亂的環境,網絡威脅越來越複雜和普遍。

  • Attacker primary target endpoints in 70% of successful breaches, especially in the form of mobile.

    在 70% 的成功入侵中,攻擊者的主要目標是端點,尤其是移動形式的攻擊。

  • The 5G roll-out will lead us to a significant increase in attack on mobile endpoints.

    5G 的推出將導致我們對移動端點的攻擊顯著增加。

  • At the same time, enterprise endpoint and the amount of data shared at the edge are also growing exponentially.

    與此同時,企業端點和邊緣共享的數據量也在呈指數級增長。

  • Together, cybersecurity threats and endpoint chaos are putting organization at risk while cutting into the employee productivity and increasing the IT costs.

    網絡安全威脅和端點混亂一起使組織面臨風險,同時降低了員工的生產力並增加了 IT 成本。

  • A recent assessment by Frost & Sullivan defines the cyberthreats to the entire IoT landscape.

    Frost & Sullivan 最近的一項評估定義了整個物聯網領域的網絡威脅。

  • These reports recognize how BlackBerry Solutions address over 96% of the collective threats.

    這些報告認可了 BlackBerry Solutions 如何應對 96% 以上的集體威脅。

  • A copy of this assessment is available on our website.

    該評估的副本可在我們的網站上找到。

  • A big part of BlackBerry value proposition is our ability to address these threats with our Spark Suites, our platform that combines endpoint security as well as endpoint management.

    黑莓價值主張的一個重要部分是我們能夠通過 Spark 套件解決這些威脅,我們的平台結合了端點安全和端點管理。

  • Though the Spark Suites were only launched on May 19, which was roughly 4, 5 weeks ago, they have been extremely well received by both customers and partners.

    雖然 Spark Suites 僅在 5 月 19 日才推出,也就是大約 4、5 週前,但它們受到了客戶和合作夥伴的好評。

  • Since the launch, over 15, 1-5, 15 customers have purchased one of our Spark Suites, including Deutsche Boerse AG, one of the largest provider of financial market, transaction infrastructure worldwide.

    自推出以來,已有超過 15、1-5、15 位客戶購買了我們的 Spark 套件之一,其中包括全球最大的金融市場交易基礎設施提供商之一德意志交易所。

  • After the quarter, we announced a partnership with Bell Canada.

    本季度之後,我們宣布與加拿大貝爾公司建立合作夥伴關係。

  • BlackBerry becomes Bell Canada's preferred partners for mobile threat detection, and defense -- sorry, MTD is sometimes used as mobile threat defense.

    黑莓成為加拿大貝爾在移動威脅檢測和防禦方面的首選合作夥伴——抱歉,MTD 有時被用作移動威脅防禦。

  • Bell will offer our MTD product to their enterprise customers.

    Bell 將向他們的企業客戶提供我們的 MTD 產品。

  • Our AI-driven MTD product is one of the core pillars in our Spark Suites.

    我們的人工智能驅動的 MTD 產品是我們 Spark 套件的核心支柱之一。

  • We're adding more features.

    我們正在添加更多功能。

  • We are on schedule to shift data loss protection and secure gateway later this year.

    我們計劃在今年晚些時候轉移數據丟失保護和安全網關。

  • We anticipated these additional pillars will increase revenue.

    我們預計這些額外的支柱將增加收入。

  • We also believe this will increase our addressable market because of the way we architect our UES security layer to interoperate with competitors' UEM solutions.

    我們還相信這將增加我們的潛在市場,因為我們構建 UES 安全層以與競爭對手的 UEM 解決方案互操作的方式。

  • Let me wrap up this session on the personnel front.

    讓我在人事方面結束本次會議。

  • We recently announced that Tom Eacobacci has been appointed as BlackBerry's newest president.

    我們最近宣布 Tom Eacobacci 已被任命為 BlackBerry 的最新總裁。

  • Tom's role will be to lead all business activities for the software and services group.

    Tom 的職責是領導軟件和服務組的所有業務活動。

  • Tom is an accomplished software sales executive from Citrix with over 20 years of enterprise customer-facing experience.

    Tom 是來自 Citrix 的一位出色的軟件銷售主管,擁有 20 多年的面向企業客戶的經驗。

  • Tom has led all facet of the global sales organization.

    湯姆領導了全球銷售組織的各個方面。

  • In addition to Tom, we also have recently recruited 2 other senior-level industry leaders focused on go-to-market.

    除了 Tom,我們最近還招募了另外 2 位專注於進入市場的高級行業領導者。

  • The first is our new head of software services business development.

    首先是我們新的軟件服務業務發展主管。

  • The second is our head of corporate marketing.

    第二個是我們的企業營銷負責人。

  • Both started on June 15, already.

    兩者都已於 6 月 15 日開始。

  • Their hiring, I hope, is a good indicator of industry talent interested in joining BlackBerry and demonstrate our conviction to build a stronger go-to-market engine.

    我希望他們的招聘能夠很好地表明有興趣加入黑莓的行業人才,並證明我們有信心建立一個更強大的市場引擎。

  • With that said, let me turn the call over to Steve to provide more details about our financial performance.

    話雖如此,讓我將電話轉給史蒂夫,以提供有關我們財務業績的更多詳細信息。

  • Steve Rai - CFO

    Steve Rai - CFO

  • Thank you, John.

    謝謝你,約翰。

  • My comments on our financial performance for the fiscal quarter will be in non-GAAP terms unless otherwise noted.

    除非另有說明,否則我對本財季財務業績的評論將採用非公認會計原則。

  • Please refer to the supplemental table in the press release for the GAAP and non-GAAP details and reconciliations.

    請參閱新聞稿中的補充表格,了解 GAAP 和非 GAAP 詳細信息和對賬。

  • We delivered first quarter non-GAAP total company revenue of $214 million and GAAP total company revenue of $206 million.

    我們實現了第一季度非 GAAP 公司總收入 2.14 億美元和 GAAP 公司總收入 2.06 億美元。

  • I will break down revenue shortly.

    我將很快分解收入。

  • First quarter total company gross margin was 71% versus 75% reported in the first quarter of fiscal 2020.

    第一季度公司總毛利率為 71%,而 2020 財年第一季度報告為 75%。

  • The change is due primarily to a decline in QNX royalty revenue.

    這一變化主要是由於 QNX 特許權使用費收入的下降。

  • Our non-GAAP gross margin includes software deferred revenue acquired but not recognized of $8 million and excludes stock compensation expense of $2 million.

    我們的非 GAAP 毛利率包括 800 萬美元已獲得但未確認的軟件遞延收入,不包括 200 萬美元的股票補償費用。

  • First quarter operating expenses of $150 million were down sequentially by $22 million.

    第一季度運營費用為 1.5 億美元,環比下降 2200 萬美元。

  • We continued our investment in product development and go to market while maintaining strong control over spending given the current macro landscape.

    鑑於當前的宏觀形勢,我們繼續投資於產品開發並進入市場,同時保持對支出的強有力控制。

  • Of course, the global shutdown did help to reduce spending.

    當然,全球停擺確實有助於減少支出。

  • Our non-GAAP operating expenses exclude a $594 million noncash accounting goodwill impairment charge.

    我們的非公認會計原則運營費用不包括 5.94 億美元的非現金會計商譽減值費用。

  • This represents an impact of $1.06 to GAAP earnings per share.

    這對 GAAP 每股收益產生了 1.06 美元的影響。

  • This assessment was required in accordance with accounting rules and was driven by the broad-based economic decline and corresponding impact on our market capitalization.

    該評估是根據會計規則進行的,並且受到廣泛的經濟衰退和對我們市值的相應影響的驅動。

  • Further details will be available in our Form 10-Q.

    更多詳細信息將在我們的表格 10-Q 中提供。

  • In addition, our non-GAAP operating expenses exclude $33 million in amortization of acquired intangibles, $12 million in stock compensation expense, $3 million for software deferred commissions expense acquired, $1 million in restructuring costs and a charge of $1 million related to the fair value adjustment on the convertible debenture.

    此外,我們的非公認會計原則運營費用不包括 3300 萬美元的收購無形資產攤銷、1200 萬美元的股票補償費用、300 萬美元的軟件遞延佣金費用、100 萬美元的重組成本以及與公允價值相關的 100 萬美元費用可轉換債券的調整。

  • First quarter non-GAAP operating income was $3 million and first quarter non-GAAP net income was $12 million.

    第一季度非 GAAP 營業收入為 300 萬美元,第一季度非 GAAP 淨收入為 1200 萬美元。

  • Non-GAAP earnings per share was $0.02 in the quarter.

    本季度非 GAAP 每股收益為 0.02 美元。

  • Our adjusted EBITDA was $20 million this quarter, excluding the non-GAAP adjustments previously mentioned.

    本季度我們調整後的 EBITDA 為 2000 萬美元,不包括前面提到的非公認會計原則調整。

  • So this equates to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 9%.

    因此,這相當於調整後的 EBITDA 利潤率為 9%。

  • I will now provide a breakdown of our revenue in the quarter.

    我現在將提供本季度收入的明細。

  • In our Software and Services group, our product revenue was between 80% and 85% of the group's revenue mix, with professional services comprising the rest of the mix.

    在我們的軟件和服務部門,我們的產品收入佔該集團收入組合的 80% 至 85%,專業服務佔該組合的其餘部分。

  • Recurring software product revenue was above 90% in the quarter.

    本季度經常性軟件產品收入超過 90%。

  • In our Licensing and Other group, as John noted earlier, the vast majority of revenue is from IP licensing.

    正如約翰之前提到的,在我們的許可和其他組中,絕大多數收入來自 IP 許可。

  • And service access fees were about $2 million, and we anticipate about this amount for each remaining quarter in fiscal 2021.

    服務訪問費約為 200 萬美元,我們預計 2021 財年剩餘每個季度的費用約為 200 萬美元。

  • Now moving to our balance sheet and cash flow performance.

    現在轉到我們的資產負債表和現金流表現。

  • Total cash, cash equivalents and investments were $955 million at May 31, 2020, which decreased by $35 million from February 29, 2020.

    截至 2020 年 5 月 31 日,現金、現金等價物和投資總額為 9.55 億美元,比 2020 年 2 月 29 日減少了 3500 萬美元。

  • Our net cash position was $350 million at the end of the quarter.

    截至本季度末,我們的淨現金頭寸為 3.5 億美元。

  • First quarter free cash flow before considering the impact of acquisition and integration expenses, restructuring costs and legal proceedings was negative $30 million.

    在考慮收購和整合費用、重組成本和法律訴訟的影響之前,第一季度的自由現金流為負 3000 萬美元。

  • And cash used in operations was $31 million with capital expenditures at $1 million.

    運營中使用的現金為 3100 萬美元,資本支出為 100 萬美元。

  • That concludes my prepared remarks.

    我準備好的發言到此結束。

  • I'll now turn the call back to John for additional comments.

    我現在將電話轉回給 John 以徵求其他意見。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you, Steve.

    謝謝你,史蒂夫。

  • BlackBerry remains strongly focused on achieving profitability growth, a profitable growth while investing for the long term.

    黑莓仍然非常專注於實現盈利增長,在長期投資的同時實現盈利增長。

  • Now given the continued uncertainty across the global economy due to the pandemic, it is still prudent for us not to provide a specific fiscal 2021 outlook.

    現在,鑑於大流行導致全球經濟持續存在不確定性,我們仍然謹慎地不提供具體的 2021 財年展望。

  • However, that said, I'd like to provide some directional comments on the rest of the BlackBerry fiscal year.

    然而,話雖如此,我想就黑莓財年的剩餘時間提供一些方向性的評論。

  • We are expecting a good second fiscal quarter because, one, we anticipated modest sequential growth for our Software and Services group.

    我們預計第二財季將有良好的表現,因為,我們預計軟件和服務集團將出現適度的連續增長。

  • And two, we expect a strong sequential growth in our Licensing group.

    第二,我們預計我們的許可組將出現強勁的連續增長。

  • We anticipating -- anticipate licensing revenue to be around $250 million for the full fiscal year, not Q2, full fiscal year.

    我們預計 - 預計整個財政年度的許可收入約為 2.5 億美元,而不是整個財政年度的第二季度。

  • In line with our normal intra-year seasonality, we anticipated also a strong fiscal fourth quarter.

    根據我們正常的年內季節性因素,我們預計第四財季也將表現強勁。

  • I also want to reiterate that BlackBerry continue to be financially healthy.

    我還想重申,黑莓繼續保持財務健康。

  • Even during these uncertain times, we demonstrated fiscal discipline, generated profitability and maintained liquidity.

    即使在這些不確定的時期,我們也展示了財政紀律,創造了盈利能力並保持了流動性。

  • We have ran -- recently ran another set of financial stress tests, assuming up to 30% of revenue decline and no new financing.

    我們已經進行了 - 最近進行了另一組財務壓力測試,假設收入下降高達 30% 並且沒有新的融資。

  • The result showed that we continue to be solvent and liquid for the next several years.

    結果表明,在接下來的幾年裡,我們將繼續成為溶劑和液體。

  • We anticipate ending the year in a positive free cash flow position and therefore, adding to our cash balance, and we plan to redeem the debenture this coming November when they mature.

    我們預計年底會有一個正的自由現金流狀況,因此會增加我們的現金餘額,我們計劃在今年 11 月到期時贖回債券。

  • This will save about $23 million a year in interest payment going forward.

    這將在未來每年節省約 2300 萬美元的利息支付。

  • We believe BlackBerry will capitalize on the secular trends on securing and connecting endpoints.

    我們相信黑莓將利用保護和連接端點的長期趨勢。

  • Our business strategy and technology are definitely in place.

    我們的業務戰略和技術絕對到位。

  • We're competing in the right markets.

    我們在正確的市場競爭。

  • And now the most important task right now is profitable revenue growth and market share expansion, and we are very focused on that.

    而現在最重要的任務是盈利性的收入增長和市場份額的擴大,我們非常關注這一點。

  • Before I open up for Q&A, I would like to make a statement about yesterday's annual shareholder meeting, to clear up any confusion.

    在我開始問答之前,我想就昨天的年度股東大會做一個聲明,以澄清任何混亂。

  • The fact -- we did hold a Q&A session.

    事實上——我們確實舉行了問答環節。

  • Unfortunately, only one registered shareholder submitted a question.

    不幸的是,只有一位註冊股東提交了問題。

  • We answered the question.

    我們回答了這個問題。

  • There may have been others to wished to ask questions, but could not because they were actually guests.

    可能還有其他人想問問題,但不能,因為他們實際上是客人。

  • So there was no glitch on the technology.

    所以技術上沒有故障。

  • Our proxy materials are clear that guests will not be able to ask questions.

    我們的代理材料清楚地表明客人將無法提問。

  • I will now open the question up for Q&A.

    我現在將打開問答的問題。

  • Josh?

    喬什?

  • Operator

    Operator

  • (Operator Instructions)

    (操作員說明)

  • Your first question comes from Gus Papageorgiou with PI Financial.

    您的第一個問題來自 PI Financial 的 Gus Papageorgiou。

  • Gus Papageorgiou - Head of Research

    Gus Papageorgiou - Head of Research

  • Just a couple of questions.

    只是幾個問題。

  • Just first on QNX.

    只是首先在 QNX 上。

  • So you released a press release, I believe it was yesterday that showed your increase in the installed base, increased by about 25 million automobiles, which is about 25% of the market year-over-year.

    所以你發布了一份新聞稿,我相信是昨天你的安裝基數增加了,增加了大約 2500 萬輛汽車,約佔市場的 25%。

  • I'm wondering if you could comment on the market share within automobiles year-over-year.

    我想知道您是否可以對汽車市場份額的同比情況發表評論。

  • So if it's roughly 25% now, what was it a year ago?

    如果現在大約是 25%,那麼一年前是多少?

  • And then just secondly, thanks for giving some sort of sense of what the rest of the year is going to pan out like.

    其次,感謝您對今年剩餘時間的發展有所了解。

  • Just on your kind of on the enterprise software side, obviously, you said you saw a strong demand in this quarter.

    就企業軟件方面而言,顯然,您說您在本季度看到了強勁的需求。

  • What do you expect demand will be like for the rest of the year in that segment?

    您預計該細分市場今年剩餘時間的需求會如何?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Okay, Gus.

    好的,格斯。

  • Thank you.

    謝謝你。

  • So on 175 million cars -- actually, I know you have done a ton of research on the auto space, as we spoke many times in the past.

    所以關於 1.75 億輛汽車——實際上,我知道你已經對汽車領域進行了大量研究,正如我們過去多次談到的那樣。

  • There are roughly in a big numbers, there are roughly a billion cars in the world running around every day.

    大約有一個很大的數字,世界上每天大約有 10 億輛汽車在運行。

  • And I would dare say, maybe 60% plus are the cars that are in a connected -- connected car.

    我敢說,可能超過 60% 是聯網汽車中的汽車。

  • Obviously, very little in the autonomous car.

    顯然,在自動駕駛汽車中很少。

  • But in the connected cars, I would dare to -- I mean I would guess, it's going to be about 60%, 70%.

    但在聯網汽車中,我敢——我的意思是我猜,這將是大約 60%、70%。

  • And so you look at that number and you look at the fact that we have 175 million cars that have our software on the road today, I mean you could calculate the market share.

    所以你看看這個數字,你看看我們今天有 1.75 億輛汽車在路上安裝了我們的軟件,我的意思是你可以計算市場份額。

  • I mean we definitely are -- if you take about 600, you divide by that, I'm guessing, we're roughly about 30% market share.

    我的意思是,我們肯定是——如果你拿大約 600,除以那個,我猜,我們大約佔 30% 的市場份額。

  • That's -- that will be my best guess, nonscientific.

    那是 - 這將是我最好的猜測,不科學。

  • I just walked you through how I look at the numbers.

    我剛剛向您介紹了我如何看待這些數字。

  • I'm sure somebody else might point out -- maybe they'll point out fault in my thinking, but that's that.

    我相信其他人可能會指出——也許他們會指出我的想法有問題,但就是這樣。

  • So regarding the year, I think when I look at -- maybe I'll start with the industry consensus.

    所以關於這一年,我想當我看的時候——也許我會從行業共識開始。

  • Maybe I'll start with that.

    也許我會從那開始。

  • The consensus in about a mid-$900 million for the year looks reasonable, definitely in the ballpark.

    今年大約 9 億美元的共識看起來是合理的,絕對是在球場上。

  • And we expect small sequential growth in the Software and Services business, we expect our IP business, licensing piece of business to come in about $250 million for the year.

    我們預計軟件和服務業務將出現小幅連續增長,我們預計我們的 IP 業務、許可業務今年將達到約 2.5 億美元。

  • So you could kind of triangulate that back to the consensus.

    因此,您可以將其三角回歸到共識。

  • I think we're in -- we're pretty much in the same ballpark as you guys saw.

    我認為我們在 - 我們幾乎和你們看到的一樣。

  • Gus Papageorgiou - Head of Research

    Gus Papageorgiou - Head of Research

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • On profitability -- sorry, on kind of profitability?

    關於盈利能力——抱歉,關於盈利能力?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Oh, on profitability, I think it's a good shot of us being profitable.

    哦,關於盈利能力,我認為這是我們盈利的一個很好的機會。

  • We demonstrated...

    我們展示了...

  • Gus Papageorgiou - Head of Research

    Gus Papageorgiou - Head of Research

  • For the full year?

    全年?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • For the full year.

    全年。

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • And I already said, Gus, that we will -- we're looking like we're going to be cash flow positive for the year, free cash flow positive for the year.

    我已經說過,格斯,我們會 - 我們看起來今年的現金流為正,今年的自由現金流為正。

  • So I believe we'll be able to be profitable for the year also on a non-GAAP basis.

    因此,我相信我們也將能夠在非公認會計原則的基礎上實現盈利。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Your next question comes from Daniel Chan with TD Securities.

    您的下一個問題來自道明證券的 Daniel Chan。

  • Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

    Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

  • The QNX royalty backlog, did I hear correctly, it was $450 million?

    QNX 版稅積壓,我沒聽錯,是 4.5 億美元?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • $450 million.

    4.5億美元。

  • Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

    Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

  • So how did you guys calculate that number?

    那麼你們是怎麼計算這個數字的呢?

  • I actually thought that number would be higher considering you do annual QNX revenue.

    考慮到 QNX 的年度收入,我實際上認為這個數字會更高。

  • I know there's a whole bunch of other stuff in there, but annual QNX revenue.

    我知道裡面還有很多其他的東西,但是 QNX 的年收入。

  • That's about, what, like around $200 million or so.

    這大約是什麼,大約 2 億美元左右。

  • So how did you calculate that backlog, considering that a lot of the programs that you're involved in have a long life cycle?

    那麼,考慮到您參與的許多程序都有很長的生命週期,您是如何計算積壓的呢?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • So we generate -- I'll give you some historical number, not this year, obviously.

    所以我們生成 - 我會給你一些歷史數字,顯然不是今年。

  • The year ago, we generated roughly about $150 million in royalty in a year.

    一年前,我們在一年內產生了大約 1.5 億美元的版稅。

  • Some of those will become revenue in the year.

    其中一些將成為當年的收入。

  • We also generated somewhere between, in a ballpark, $70 million to $100 million from developer seats and professional services.

    我們還從開發人員席位和專業服務中產生了 7000 萬到 1 億美元之間的收益。

  • So if you add that together, I think you'll get close to the number that you just cited.

    所以如果你把它加在一起,我想你會接近你剛才引用的數字。

  • Is that helpful?

    這有幫助嗎?

  • Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

    Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

  • 9

    9

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Yes, that's helpful.

    是的,這很有幫助。

  • I just assumed that the life cycle of some of these automotive programs were really long.

    我只是假設其中一些汽車程序的生命週期非常長。

  • So when you win one of the design wins, you've got a very long tail of continued royalty revenues.

    因此,當您贏得其中一項設計勝利時,您將獲得很長的持續版稅收入。

  • I thought it would probably add up to -- I suspect -- I expected a much larger number than that, but okay.

    我認為這可能會加起來——我懷疑——我預計的數字會比這大得多,但沒關係。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • We -- I would say that we're probably on a conservative side ourselves.

    我們——我會說我們自己可能是保守的一方。

  • These are the numbers that was given to us by the customers at the time of the win.

    這些是客戶在獲勝時提供給我們的數字。

  • They usually adjust it.

    他們通常會調整它。

  • And so I mean it could go down or it could go up.

    所以我的意思是它可能下降或上升。

  • And there will also be derivative win.

    並且還會有衍生勝利。

  • Like, for example, when we win certain model with an OEM, they like -- they most likely will give us different models at the same time, and we have seen that rather repeatedly.

    例如,當我們通過 OEM 贏得某些型號時,他們會喜歡 - 他們很可能會同時為我們提供不同的型號,我們已經多次看到這一點。

  • I think one thing you could take away that we are very comfortable with our competitiveness and our relationship with our customers on a global basis.

    我認為你可以帶走的一件事是,我們對我們的競爭力以及我們在全球範圍內與客戶的關係感到非常滿意。

  • So as the business start returning and the design wins start being awarded, we will get a good share of it.

    因此,隨著業務開始回歸,設計獲勝開始被授予,我們將獲得很大的份額。

  • Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

    Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Yes, that's helpful.

    是的,這很有幫助。

  • And then on the delayed programs that started to kick in last quarter, it sounds like things are starting to move again.

    然後在上個季度開始出現的延遲節目中,聽起來事情又開始發生變化了。

  • Any word on some of the delayed programs picking back up?

    關於一些延遲的節目恢復的任何消息?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • We -- our team have told me that -- to us that the customers are back talking about the design and talking about new projects and talking about the schedules of the new project, their schedules.

    我們——我們的團隊告訴我——對我們來說,客戶回來談論設計,談論新項目,談論新項目的時間表,他們的時間表。

  • That's the #1 most important thing is they have to have the schedule first, then will enhance our ability to win.

    那是#1最重要的事情是他們必須先有賽程,然後才能增強我們獲勝的能力。

  • So that's where we are.

    這就是我們所在的位置。

  • It's a good start.

    這是一個好的開始。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Next question comes from Trip Chowdhry with Global Equity Research.

    下一個問題來自 Global Equity Research 的 Trip Chowdhry。

  • Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

    Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

  • A lot better numbers than I was expecting.

    比我預期的要好得多的數字。

  • Very good execution in a very difficult environment.

    在非常困難的環境中執行得非常好。

  • I had a couple of questions.

    我有幾個問題。

  • Would you be comfortable saying that the one -- first quarter was pretty much the bottom and you're seeing signs of economy opening up and recovery happening?

    您是否願意說第一季度幾乎是底部,您看到經濟開放和復甦的跡象?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Well, we -- in my kind of -- earlier when I told Gus that, that I'm comfortable we're in the right ballpark with the consensus, is to assume a gradual reopening of the economy.

    好吧,我們 - 以我的方式 - 早些時候我告訴格斯,我很高興我們在正確的球場上達成共識,即假設經濟逐漸重新開放。

  • Like earlier, we talked about QNX design wins.

    和之前一樣,我們談到了 QNX 設計的勝利。

  • Despite of a very difficult quarter, I was actually positively surprised that we won 10 designs in the quarter.

    儘管這個季度非常艱難,但我實際上對我們在本季度贏得了 10 個設計感到非常驚訝。

  • I mean it doesn't translate to a lot of immediate revenue, but I thought that was actually better than I thought because nobody is going to work.

    我的意思是它不會轉化為很多直接收入,但我認為這實際上比我想像的要好,因為沒有人會工作。

  • So I have a certain -- or we have a certain expectation that things are getting better, although we're being very cautious.

    所以我有一定的——或者我們有一定的期望,事情會變得更好,儘管我們非常謹慎。

  • We believe we're going to get better slowly so this is where I said, okay, we're going to see incremental -- small incremental improvement in Software and Services on the enterprise side, a slow incremental improvement in QNX.

    我們相信我們會慢慢變得更好,所以這就是我所說的,好吧,我們將看到漸進式的——企業方面的軟件和服務的小幅漸進式改進,QNX 的緩慢漸進式改進。

  • Maybe a same, but difficult quarter in Q2, but we expect the second half to be better.

    第二季度可能是一個相同但困難的季度,但我們預計下半年會更好。

  • And then we feel comfortable with the pipeline of our IP.

    然後我們對我們的 IP 管道感到滿意。

  • This is how we all threw everything together and our spending and everything else.

    這就是我們如何將所有東西以及我們的支出和其他一切都放在一起的方式。

  • So that leads to our belief that we'll be profitable over the year, we have positive cash flow, so -- for the year.

    所以這導致我們相信我們將在一年內盈利,我們有正現金流,所以 - 在這一年。

  • So that's kind of the -- that's the environment that I'm expecting, and that's tied to the number.

    所以這就是我所期待的環境,這與數字有關。

  • Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

    Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

  • Beautiful.

    美麗的。

  • Beautiful.

    美麗的。

  • John, you are always being very innovative and always ahead of the curve.

    約翰,你總是很有創新精神,總是走在潮流的前面。

  • We all are working from home.

    我們都在家工作。

  • We are doing remote working.

    我們正在做遠程工作。

  • But there's a challenge when it comes to selling in terms of more selling.

    但是在銷售方面存在挑戰。

  • So I was wondering, like knowing you from Sybase, you turned the whole industry upside-down.

    所以我想知道,就像從 Sybase 認識你一樣,你顛覆了整個行業。

  • When we think about remote selling, what new things you are putting in place?

    當我們考慮遠程銷售時,您正在實施哪些新事物?

  • And how are you differentiating and making it feasible?

    您如何區分並使其可行?

  • Because your numbers definitely tell that the sales execution was a lot better than I was expecting.

    因為您的數字肯定表明銷售執行比我預期的要好得多。

  • So what processes you may have put in place to have success and win rates better in an environment where remote selling is going to be somewhat of a [knock]?

    那麼,在遠程銷售將成為一種 [敲門聲] 的環境中,您可能採取了哪些流程來取得成功並提高贏率?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Well, thank you.

    嗯,謝謝。

  • We're not as good as you said we are but because we benefit from the trend that I think most of all my peers in the industry see that.

    我們不如你說的那麼好,但因為我們受益於我認為業內大多數同行都看到的趨勢。

  • And because we provide security software, cybersecurity software, because we provide crisis management software and mobile, that helps facilitate the remote working from home.

    而且因為我們提供安全軟件、網絡安全軟件,因為我們提供危機管理軟件和移動設備,這有助於促進在家遠程工作。

  • And what we have seen in the first 3 months or the 3 months that was the most severely impacted, what we have seen is new customers are extremely hard to come by.

    而我們在前 3 個月或受影響最嚴重的 3 個月中看到的是,我們看到新客戶非常難以獲得。

  • Existing customers, upselling to them, and they have a build-in requirement to need more software, more seats, more licenses.

    現有客戶,向他們追加銷售,他們有一個內置要求,需要更多軟件、更多席位、更多許可證。

  • And in some cases, AtHoc where people are on the fence and say, well, I don't really know I need it, whatever, they have decided they need it.

    在某些情況下,AtHoc 人們會說,好吧,我真的不知道我需要它,無論如何,他們已經決定他們需要它。

  • And so there -- and because, unfortunately, because of the crisis, it's kind of like the only silver lining to this pandemic situation.

    就這樣 - 因為不幸的是,由於危機,這有點像這種大流行情況的唯一一線希望。

  • So -- but I traded notes with other CEO of other tech companies and pretty much everybody is saying the same thing, upselling and especially if you have the right type of software, it's a good expansion.

    所以 - 但我與其他科技公司的其他 CEO 交換了筆記,幾乎每個人都在說同樣的話,向上銷售,特別是如果你有正確類型的軟件,這是一個很好的擴展。

  • It's okay to sell them remote.

    可以遠程出售它們。

  • This is where the relationships are very important.

    這是關係非常重要的地方。

  • And we fortunately -- BlackBerry has a lot of good relationship, especially in the regulated industry, like the banks and the medical field and the government.

    幸運的是——黑莓有很多良好的關係,特別是在受監管的行業,比如銀行、醫療領域和政府。

  • So that help us to put some kind of anchor into the business.

    這有助於我們在業務中建立某種錨。

  • The new project, the new customer base, I would have to say, it's much more difficult to come by.

    新項目,新客戶群,我不得不說,要獲得它要難得多。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Your next question comes from Mike Walkley with Canaccord Genuity.

    您的下一個問題來自於 Canaccord Genuity 的 Mike Walkley。

  • Michael Walkley;Canaccord Genuity;Analyst

    Michael Walkley;Canaccord Genuity;Analyst

  • John, question for you.

    約翰,問你一個問題。

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • With -- you talked about out AtHoc on the call as area of strength.

    與 - 您在電話會議上談到了 AtHoc 作為優勢領域。

  • With the change in work and government safety environments, how are you leveraging AtHoc's strong position with federal government into opportunities to compete more, maybe at the state, local and even enterprise level, compete more maybe with Everbridge's offering?

    隨著工作和政府安全環境的變化,您如何利用 AtHoc 在聯邦政府中的強勢地位來獲得更多競爭機會,例如在州、地方甚至企業層面,與 Everbridge 的產品進行更多競爭?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • That's a very good question.

    這是一個非常好的問題。

  • So the federal space, the G20, the Five Eyes countries, United States, Canada.

    所以聯邦空間、G20、五眼國家、美國、加拿大。

  • We do have good customer recognition and we have a big installed base, especially in the United States, for example, multimillion licenses that we have.

    我們確實擁有良好的客戶認可度,並且我們擁有龐大的安裝基礎,尤其是在美國,例如,我們擁有數百萬個許可證。

  • So those are a good thing.

    所以這些都是好事。

  • We have traditionally not been strong in state, local, and that is about to change.

    傳統上,我們在州和地方方面並不強大,而這種情況即將改變。

  • We're putting a team of people that's just responding to RFP and RFI, a dedicated team.

    我們正在組建一個專門響應 RFP 和 RFI 的人員團隊。

  • We also recognize the fact that we need a more SMB-type sales force rather than an enterprise sales force like selling to the government agency.

    我們還認識到,我們需要一支更像中小型企業的銷售隊伍,而不是像向政府機構銷售那樣的企業銷售隊伍。

  • That's a (inaudible).

    那是(聽不清)。

  • So we're adding resources in both areas that I talked about.

    因此,我們正在我談到的兩個領域中添加資源。

  • And we -- so we go after the RFPs for the state and local, then education market and the other SMB market we go after with a more of an SMB sales team.

    我們 - 所以我們追求州和地方的 RFP,然後是教育市場和其他 SMB 市場,我們追求更多的 SMB 銷售團隊。

  • So -- and I think it will work well.

    所以 - 我認為它會運作良好。

  • The good news is we also have upgraded our product to have a complete life cycle product, and we also delivered the managed service product.

    好消息是我們還升級了我們的產品以擁有完整的生命週期產品,並且我們還交付了託管服務產品。

  • And so that fits to the smaller enterprise because we never had the managed service product.

    這適合較小的企業,因為我們從來沒有託管服務產品。

  • That just recently announced, I forgot, literally days, right?

    剛剛宣布的,我忘了,真的是幾天,對吧?

  • So we're equipped now, both in the managed service, with the way we laid out sales approach.

    因此,我們現在在託管服務方面都配備了我們制定銷售方法的方式。

  • And it's a great market, I have to say.

    我不得不說,這是一個很棒的市場。

  • We -- in time like this, it's a really great market.

    我們——在這樣的時間裡,這是一個非常好的市場。

  • Michael Walkley;Canaccord Genuity;Analyst

    Michael Walkley;Canaccord Genuity;Analyst

  • Great.

    偉大的。

  • And just following up on that.

    並且只是跟進。

  • Is there any metrics you can share on the business, maybe the size of it on an annual basis or growth metrics?

    您是否可以分享有關業務的任何指標,可能是每年的規模或增長指標?

  • And then also, how do you view the business, are you adding sales people to attack the EU mandate and the opportunities for mass notification over there in the upcoming years?

    然後,您如何看待業務,您是否增加了銷售人員來攻擊歐盟的授權以及未來幾年在那裡進行大規模通知的機會?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • I don't have the answer to your question right now, but let me do this.

    我現在沒有你的問題的答案,但讓我這樣做。

  • Let me see what metrics I could deliver and provide because we're early -- we are actually early to a non-federal -- the federal play is very easy metrics.

    讓我看看我可以提供和提供哪些指標,因為我們還早——我們實際上對非聯邦機構來說還早——聯邦比賽是非常簡單的指標。

  • You know all our wins, you know all our logos.

    你知道我們所有的勝利,你知道我們所有的標誌。

  • The renewals are strong.

    續約很強。

  • And we have seats like in the United States, our licenses are over 2 million seats.

    我們在美國也有席位,我們的許可證超過 200 萬個席位。

  • So -- but they're very concentrated to the federal government and the armed forces and so forth.

    所以 - 但他們非常集中於聯邦政府和武裝部隊等等。

  • So we are starting to expand.

    所以我們開始擴張。

  • So it's still a little early for me to give you these metrics, but I will work on it and look into it.

    所以我現在給你這些指標還為時過早,但我會努力研究它。

  • And I'd like to know, too.

    我也想知道。

  • Michael Walkley;Canaccord Genuity;Analyst

    Michael Walkley;Canaccord Genuity;Analyst

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Great.

    偉大的。

  • Last question for me.

    我的最後一個問題。

  • Just switching gears to any update on Radar and the IoT business, and could that be mapped into software and services going forward, also?

    只是切換到雷達和物聯網業務的任何更新,這是否也可以映射到未來的軟件和服務中?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • We rolled it all in.

    我們把它全部捲進去。

  • Radar is actually doing reasonably well.

    雷達實際上做得相當不錯。

  • Unfortunately, the numbers are not high.

    不幸的是,這個數字並不高。

  • They did get affected somewhat by the pandemic because we are unable to visit customers but because Radar is really very -- the Radar team is very focused on winning new customers because we win new customer, we get recurring revenue per Radar.

    他們確實受到了大流行的影響,因為我們無法拜訪客戶,但因為 Radar 確實非常 - Radar 團隊非常專注於贏得新客戶,因為我們贏得了新客戶,我們獲得了每個 Radar 的經常性收入。

  • And so -- and that's a focus on.

    所以 - 這是一個重點。

  • But it's done well.

    但它做得很好。

  • I mean it was nothing negative.

    我的意思是這沒什麼負面的。

  • We have some wins, we increased some usage and -- but nothing to -- at this point, nothing moved the needles on that.

    我們取得了一些勝利,我們增加了一些使用率,而且——但沒有什麼——在這一點上,沒有什麼能動搖針頭。

  • On the IoT, they are all now merging under Software and Services.

    在物聯網上,它們現在都在軟件和服務下合併。

  • So I don't really look at it that way or separate it out at all.

    所以我真的不這麼看,也不把它分開。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Next question comes from Daniel Bartus with Bank of America.

    下一個問題來自美國銀行的 Daniel Bartus。

  • Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

    Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

  • Great.

    偉大的。

  • First, I just wanted to clarify, what was the ARR number that you said in the beginning?

    首先,我只是想澄清一下,你一開始說的 ARR 號碼是多少?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • About $500 million.

    約5億美元。

  • Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

    Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Got you.

    得到你。

  • And is that up year-over-year?

    這是同比增長嗎?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • This is the first time we actually disclosed it.

    這是我們第一次真正披露它。

  • So those -- I don't know whether it's up year-over-year at all.

    所以那些 - 我不知道它是否同比增長。

  • Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

    Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Got you.

    得到你。

  • And then just what was the Cylance consensus number that you referenced?

    然後你提到的 Cylance 共識數字是多少?

  • And I'm just curious if Cylance grew year-over-year.

    我只是好奇 Cylance 是否逐年增長。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Year-over-year is relatively flat.

    同比相對持平。

  • And I think the Cylance finance number is like $48 million, $49 million for the quarter.

    我認為 Cylance 的財務數字約為 4800 萬美元,本季度為 4900 萬美元。

  • That's probably right.

    這可能是對的。

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • I'm -- yes.

    我是——是的。

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • It's about that number.

    就是那個數字。

  • Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

    Daniel Bartus - Research Analyst

  • Got you.

    得到你。

  • And then just last one, I'm surprised, SG&A is so low.

    然後只是最後一個,我很驚訝,SG&A 這麼低。

  • Can you just talk about if you feel like you're investing enough for growth?

    你能談談你是否覺得你的投資足以實現增長嗎?

  • And does it make sense this is kind of the trough level for SG&A?

    這是 SG&A 的低谷水平是否有意義?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • I'm glad you asked this question.

    我很高興你問了這個問題。

  • We are spending -- we did 2 things to fund our go-to-market engine.

    我們正在花錢——我們做了兩件事來為我們的上市引擎提供資金。

  • We move a lot of the headcount.

    我們調動了很多員工。

  • And unfortunately, some of the headcount we have to reduce and then hire back in some other area.

    不幸的是,我們不得不減少一些員工,然後在其他領域重新招聘。

  • We've done a little bit of that.

    我們已經做了一點。

  • But beginning earlier on, not during this pandemic period, we have -- we moved the resources from the back offices to the front line.

    但是從更早的時候開始,而不是在這個大流行期間,我們已經將資源從後台轉移到了前線。

  • So the back offices has reduced and streamlined quite a bit, and reductions pretty much across the board, whether it's finance, HR, legal, IT, we have really streamlined it.

    因此,後台辦公室已經減少和精簡了很多,而且幾乎全面減少,無論是財務、人力資源、法律、IT,我們都真正精簡了它。

  • Because one of the good -- one of the benefit of grouping the company -- the businesses together is we actually could reduce overhead.

    因為好處之一——將公司分組的好處之一——將業務放在一起是我們實際上可以減少開銷。

  • So for example, you don't need 3 different finance team.

    例如,您不需要 3 個不同的財務團隊。

  • You only need one.

    你只需要一個。

  • You don't need 3 different groups of contracts, people.

    人,你不需要 3 組不同的合同。

  • You only need one.

    你只需要一個。

  • So maybe a bigger one, but one.

    所以也許一個更大的,但是一個。

  • So it helps a lot.

    所以它有很大幫助。

  • And then we moved that, and this is by design.

    然後我們移動了它,這是設計使然。

  • And we moved that -- I call it, 10% move.

    我們移動了那個——我稱之為,10%的移動。

  • We moved 10% of our resources from the back office to the front and then hire the people that way.

    我們將 10% 的資源從後台轉移到前台,然後以這種方式僱傭員工。

  • So a lot of these people are going through trainings and stuff.

    所以很多這些人正在接受培訓和其他東西。

  • We also increased our executive rank by recruiting more talents from the outside and augment the people we have here today.

    我們還通過從外部招聘更多人才和增加我們今天在這裡的人員來提高我們的行政級別。

  • So we're basically all-in to do sales and marketing, feeling very comfortable in that.

    所以我們基本上全力以赴做銷售和營銷,感覺很舒服。

  • We're actually hiring a lot of people.

    我們實際上正在招聘很多人。

  • I named you a couple of executives.

    我給你點了幾位高管。

  • We probably had another 100 reqs that being recruited right now in sales and marketing at this -- as we speak.

    我們現在可能有另外 100 個要求在銷售和市場營銷中被招募 - 正如我們所說的那樣。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Your next question comes from Paul Treiber with RBC Capital Markets.

    您的下一個問題來自 RBC Capital Markets 的 Paul Treiber。

  • Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

    Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

  • First, a high-level question on strategy.

    首先,關於戰略的高級問題。

  • Just with this environment, we've seen tremendous uptake of video conferencing.

    正是在這種環境下,我們看到了視頻會議的巨大應用。

  • BlackBerry is known for secure communications you have across e-mail, BBM and voice but no video.

    黑莓以通過電子郵件、BBM 和語音進行安全通信而聞名,但沒有視頻。

  • How do you think about video as a category?

    您如何看待視頻作為一個類別?

  • Is it something that you see as critical or not synergistic with your -- the bigger picture portfolio that you're building?

    您認為它與您正在構建的更大的投資組合是否重要或不協同?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • It's not critical, Paul.

    這並不重要,保羅。

  • It's -- I mean, it could get synergistic, but I'd rather do it with partners.

    這是 - 我的意思是,它可以產生協同作用,但我寧願與合作夥伴一起做。

  • Like, for example, we're doing a ton of security work with a number of the main players that you could probably close your eyes and recite.

    例如,我們正在與一些主要參與者進行大量安全工作,您可能會閉上眼睛並背誦這些內容。

  • So we want to do it that way.

    所以我們想這樣做。

  • Now messaging and voice is different.

    現在消息和語音是不同的。

  • We have good products, and we're pushing that in messaging and voice.

    我們有很好的產品,我們正在推動消息和語音方面的發展。

  • But the reason why I didn't really attend into video is I find that a really crowded place.

    但我沒有真正關注視頻的原因是我發現那個地方真的很擁擠。

  • And I'm not quite sure that I wanted to dilute -- I would sell yet to -- yet one more thing.

    而且我不太確定我想稀釋——我會賣掉——還有一件事。

  • Now eventually, if the market and therefore, our customers say, hey, you've got to integrate video -- and by the way, we integrate Zoom, the WebEx and all the other Teams, and so nobody have called me and said, hey, I can't buy your software because it didn't work with a video conferencing that I wanted.

    現在,最終,如果市場和我們的客戶說,嘿,你必須整合視頻——順便說一下,我們整合了 Zoom、WebEx 和所有其他團隊,所以沒有人打電話給我說,嘿,我不能購買你的軟件,因為它不能用於我想要的視頻會議。

  • And in some cases, we use container under the UEM to manage the security of some of these conferences.

    並且在某些情況下,我們使用 UEM 下的容器來管理其中一些會議的安全性。

  • So today, I'm trying not to dilute more so to get our UEM/UES launched properly.

    所以今天,我盡量不稀釋更多,以便讓我們的 UEM/UES 正確啟動。

  • In the future, might something would be of interest, but I would rather go through a partner.

    將來,可能會感興趣,但我寧願通過合作夥伴。

  • Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

    Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

  • Great.

    偉大的。

  • That's a helpful perspective.

    這是一個有用的觀點。

  • In regards to IP licensing, I mean obviously, you sound positive going into this quarter.

    關於 IP 許可,我的意思顯然是,您在本季度聽起來很積極。

  • Now given there are travel restrictions and social distancing and whatnot challenges, what's the process for closing deals in this environment?

    現在考慮到旅行限制和社交距離以及諸如此類的挑戰,在這種環境下完成交易的流程是什麼?

  • Can you do a lot of it or all of it remotely?

    你能遠程做很多或全部嗎?

  • Or are you assuming some relaxation of the measures to have in-person negotiating -- negotiations?

    或者您是否假設放鬆一些措施以進行面對面的談判 - 談判?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Right.

    正確的。

  • You know I'm a -- I hope everybody well give me credit as a reasonably safe guy, conservative guy.

    你知道我是一個——我希望每個人都相信我是一個相當安全的人,保守的人。

  • So when I told you that we're going to have a reasonable Q2 and a good Q2, especially with the licensing, we pretty much -- I mean I wouldn't use the word in the bag, but we will deliver that.

    所以當我告訴你我們將有一個合理的第二季度和一個良好的第二季度,特別是在許可方面,我們幾乎 - 我的意思是我不會使用袋子裡的詞,但我們會交付。

  • Now the answer to your question really is the stages.

    現在你的問題的答案真的是階段。

  • If I'm approaching a licensee, a potential licensee for the first time, especially overseas, that is going to be delayed.

    如果我是第一次接觸被許可人,一個潛在的被許可人,尤其是在海外,那將會被推遲。

  • It could be delayed indefinitely.

    它可以無限期地推遲。

  • And that's a function of -- when you're in the beginning, you don't send people a letter and say, oh, by the way, why don't you license from me?

    這是一個功能——當你剛開始的時候,你不會給別人寫信說,哦,順便說一句,你為什麼不從我這裡獲得許可?

  • You really have to have a face-to-face conversation and talk about design, talk about claim charts, presenting claim charts.

    你真的必須進行面對面的對話,談論設計,談論索賠表,展示索賠表。

  • So there's a process to these sales.

    所以這些銷售有一個過程。

  • So now at the end, where you're really talking about terms, like, okay, so how long will I be cross-licensing with?

    所以現在最後,你真正在談論條款,比如,好吧,那麼我將交叉許可多長時間?

  • What category are not included?

    什麼類別不包括在內?

  • When you're down to that conversation, you could do all that by video conferencing or phone.

    當您進行該對話時,您可以通過視頻會議或電話進行所有這些操作。

  • So it's really the stages of the pipe.

    所以這真的是管道的階段。

  • So in this particular case, we believe that we have the Q2 under control.

    因此,在這種特殊情況下,我們相信我們已經控制了第二季度。

  • Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

    Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

  • One last one for me is, I think last quarter, you mentioned you had $30 million in your pipeline from that free trial that you're offering.

    對我來說,最後一個是,我想上個季度,你提到你提供的免費試用有 3000 萬美元在你的管道中。

  • Can you provide an update on the pipeline or perhaps how the conversions have been going?

    您能否提供有關管道的更新或轉換的進展情況?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • I don't -- I didn't keep track of it, but the conversion usually of those pipes is reasonably good.

    我沒有——我沒有跟踪它,但是這些管道的轉換通常相當不錯。

  • Our pipeline at that stage, I think normally, convert 2.5 to 1 and this one may be a little better than that because the trial is pretty much driven by special circumstances.

    我們在那個階段的管道,我認為通常會將 2.5 轉換為 1,而這個可能會比那個好一點,因為試驗幾乎是由特殊情況驅動的。

  • So I'd say the conversions are reasonably good.

    所以我會說轉換相當不錯。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Your next question comes from Todd Coupland with CIBC.

    您的下一個問題來自 CIBC 的 Todd Coupland。

  • Todd Adair Coupland - MD of Institutional Equity Research

    Todd Adair Coupland - MD of Institutional Equity Research

  • I quick question on OpEx, follow-up from the SG&A question.

    我對運營支出的快速提問是 SG&A 問題的後續問題。

  • So if we think about the $151 million in the quarter, how should we think about that flexing over the course of the year?

    因此,如果我們考慮本季度的 1.51 億美元,我們應該如何考慮這一年的變化?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • We are -- okay.

    我們——好的。

  • So we are -- like, as Steve had mentioned, we benefited a lot from no travel.

    所以我們——就像史蒂夫提到的那樣,我們從不旅行中受益匪淺。

  • We benefited a lot from the shutdown.

    我們從停工中受益匪淺。

  • But I will tell you, I'm here right now sitting in our San Ramon office, unfortunately, looking at Chris, but I have to do what I do.

    但我會告訴你,我現在坐在我們的聖拉蒙辦公室,不幸的是,看著克里斯,但我必須做我該做的。

  • And we are gradually opening up.

    我們正在逐步開放。

  • There are 6 offices in multiple phases around the world that's opened up.

    全球有 6 個分階段開設的辦事處。

  • And so -- and there are about another 20 or so that will be opening up.

    所以——還有大約 20 個左右將開放。

  • Now when we say opening up -- this is a good time to talk about.

    現在,當我們說開放時——這是談論的好時機。

  • We have internal process that industry well accepted, which is, a, we follow government guidelines around the world.

    我們擁有行業公認的內部流程,即 a,我們遵循世界各地的政府指導方針。

  • B, we do it by phases.

    B,我們分階段進行。

  • Like right now, San Ramon is open here by phase 1, meaning about only 20% of our populations are allowed to return back to work.

    就像現在一樣,聖拉蒙在第一階段在這裡開放,這意味著我們只有大約 20% 的人口被允許重返工作崗位。

  • And then everybody else still remain working from home.

    然後其他人仍然在家工作。

  • And then the 50% in phase 2, which I have to do a lot to you do with the country, the county, the provisions and the provinces and so forth, to see how the health situation progresses.

    然後是第二階段的 50%,我必須對你做很多事情,包括國家、縣、規定和省份等等,看看衛生狀況如何進展。

  • So -- and then the phase 3 is 90%.

    所以 - 然後第 3 階段是 90%。

  • And it ties to school opening and childcare and all that good stuff.

    它與學校開放和兒童保育以及所有這些好東西有關。

  • So we have a very thoughtful process that we laid out.

    因此,我們制定了一個非常周到的流程。

  • Now the reason I'm going to -- I take you down this on answering your question about expenses is that we will see expenses to start going up.

    現在我要說的原因——在回答你關於費用的問題時,我把你記下來了,因為我們將看到費用開始上升。

  • And in addition to that, we are hiring a lot of people on a global basis.

    除此之外,我們還在全球範圍內招聘很多人。

  • Interestingly enough, this is not a bad time to hire talents.

    有趣的是,現在不是招聘人才的好時機。

  • I don't know why.

    我不知道為什麼。

  • As long as I'm the beneficiary of this, that's okay.

    只要我是這個的受益人,那沒關係。

  • I'm not complaining.

    我沒有抱怨。

  • And so you'll see our sales and marketing costs to go up.

    所以你會看到我們的銷售和營銷成本上升。

  • Now the virtual -- since we're doing most of it in virtual, we should still save money on travel.

    現在是虛擬的——因為我們大部分時間都是在虛擬中完成的,所以我們仍然應該在旅行上省錢。

  • We will save money on actual shows that we go to that we no longer go into, for example.

    例如,我們將在我們不再參加的實際演出上節省資金。

  • So there is a give and take there, but you should see it trending up.

    所以那裡有一個給予和接受,但你應該看到它呈上升趨勢。

  • Todd Adair Coupland - MD of Institutional Equity Research

    Todd Adair Coupland - MD of Institutional Equity Research

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • That's very helpful.

    這很有幫助。

  • And then my second question, you gave a few hints on longer-term growth rates.

    然後我的第二個問題,您對長期增長率給出了一些提示。

  • Seems like for Software and Services group, the new bundle, you're giving hints in the 10% to 15% range.

    似乎對於軟件和服務組,新捆綁包,您給出的提示在 10% 到 15% 範圍內。

  • Is that the way to think about that business once we get through the pandemic?

    一旦我們度過了大流行,這就是思考該業務的方式嗎?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Well, yes, I mean, I would like to see double-digit growth, yes.

    嗯,是的,我的意思是,我希望看到兩位數的增長,是的。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • I would like to turn the call back over to John Chen, Executive Chair and CEO, BlackBerry, for closing remarks.

    我想將電話轉回給黑莓執行主席兼首席執行官 John Chen 做閉幕詞。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you, Josh.

    謝謝你,喬希。

  • Okay, just before I close, I'd like to mention one of our recent announcement in demonstrating our commitment to the sustainable development goal initiated by the United Nations, I'm very proud that BlackBerry continues to contribute towards making the world a better place.

    好的,在我結束之前,我想提一下我們最近宣布的一項聲明,以表明我們對聯合國發起的可持續發展目標的承諾,我很自豪黑莓繼續為讓世界變得更美好做出貢獻.

  • And I hope a lot of you agree with me, I'm sure you do.

    我希望你們中的很多人都同意我的觀點,我相信你們會同意的。

  • And we have made significant progress towards our goal to be carbon neutral by 2021.

    我們在實現到 2021 年實現碳中和的目標方面取得了重大進展。

  • We'll get to carbon neutral by next year.

    我們將在明年實現碳中和。

  • So I'm sorry, this is later in the day for the East Coast friends of ours.

    所以我很抱歉,這是我們東海岸朋友的晚些時候。

  • But thank you very much for joining us today.

    但是非常感謝您今天加入我們。

  • And stay safe, stay healthy.

    並保持安全,保持健康。

  • I hope to see you guys in person soon.

    我希望很快能見到你們。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • This concludes today's call.

    今天的電話會議到此結束。

  • Thank you for your participation.

    感謝您的參與。

  • You may now disconnect.

    您現在可以斷開連接。