BlackBerry Ltd (BB) 2022 Q1 法說會逐字稿

完整原文

使用警語:中文譯文來源為 Google 翻譯,僅供參考,實際內容請以英文原文為主

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Good afternoon, and welcome to the Blackberry First Quarter and Fiscal Year 2022 Results Conference Call.

    下午好,歡迎參加 Blackberry 第一季度和 2022 財年業績電話會議。

  • My name is Jesse, and I'll be your conference moderator for today's call.

    我的名字是傑西,我將擔任今天電話會議的主持人。

  • (Operator Instructions) As a reminder, this conference is being recorded for replay purposes.

    (操作員說明)作為提醒,正在錄製此會議以供重播。

  • I would now like to turn today's call over to Tim Foote, Blackberry Investor Relations.

    我現在想將今天的電話轉給黑莓投資者關係部的 Tim Foote。

  • Sir, please go ahead.

    先生,請繼續。

  • Tim Foote

    Tim Foote

  • Thank you, Jesse.

    謝謝你,傑西。

  • Good afternoon, and welcome to BlackBerry's First Quarter Fiscal 2022 Earnings Conference Call.

    下午好,歡迎參加 BlackBerry 2022 財年第一季度財報電話會議。

  • With me on the call today are Executive Chair and Chief Executive Officer, John Chen; and Chief Financial Officer, Steve Rai.

    今天與我通話的還有執行主席兼首席執行官 John Chen;和首席財務官 Steve Rai。

  • After I read our cautionary note regarding forward-looking statements, John will provide a business update, and Steve will review the financial results.

    在我閱讀我們關於前瞻性陳述的警示說明後,約翰將提供業務更新,史蒂夫將審查財務結果。

  • We will then open the call for a brief Q&A session.

    然後,我們將打開電話進行簡短的問答環節。

  • This call is available to the general public via call-in numbers and via webcast in the Investor Information section at blackberry.com.

    公眾可通過電話號碼和 blackberry.com 的“投資者信息”部分的網絡廣播向公眾提供此電話。

  • A replay will also be available on the blackberry.com website.

    blackberry.com 網站上也將提供重播。

  • Some of the statements we'll be making today constitute forward-looking statements and are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of applicable U.S. and Canadian securities laws.

    我們今天將做出的一些陳述構成前瞻性陳述,並且是根據適用的美國和加拿大證券法的安全港條款做出的。

  • We will indicate forward-looking statements by using words, such as expect, will, should, model, intend, believe and similar expressions.

    我們將使用諸如期望、將、應該、模型、打算、相信和類似的表達方式來表明前瞻性陳述。

  • Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by the company in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments as well as other factors that the company believes are relevant.

    前瞻性陳述是基於公司根據其經驗和對歷史趨勢、當前狀況和預期未來發展的看法以及公司認為相關的其他因素做出的估計和假設。

  • Many factors could cause the company's actual results or performance to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements.

    許多因素可能導致公司的實際結果或業績與前瞻性陳述中明示或暗示的結果或業績存在重大差異。

  • These factors include the risk factors that are discussed in the company's annual filings and MD&A, including the COVID-19 pandemic.

    這些因素包括公司年度文件和 MD&A 中討論的風險因素,包括 COVID-19 大流行。

  • You should not place undue reliance on the company's forward-looking statements.

    您不應過分依賴公司的前瞻性陳述。

  • The company has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, except as required by law.

    除法律要求外,公司無意且不承擔更新或修改任何前瞻性陳述的義務。

  • As is customary during the call, John and Steve will reference non-GAAP numbers in their summary of our quarterly results.

    按照電話會議的慣例,約翰和史蒂夫將在他們的季度業績摘要中引用非公認會計準則數字。

  • For a reconciliation between our GAAP and non-GAAP numbers, please see the earnings press release and the supplement published earlier today which are available on the EDGAR, SEDAR and blackberry.com websites.

    有關我們的 GAAP 和非 GAAP 數字之間的對賬,請參閱今天早些時候發布的收益新聞稿和補充資料,這些資料可在 EDGAR、SEDAR 和 blackberry.com 網站上找到。

  • And with that, I'll turn the call over to John.

    有了這個,我會把電話轉給約翰。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you, Tim.

    謝謝你,蒂姆。

  • Good afternoon, everybody, and thank you all for joining us today.

    大家下午好,感謝大家今天加入我們。

  • The main headline for this quarter is that we have organized our software and services business around our 2 biggest market opportunities, mainly IoT and cybersecurity.

    本季度的主要標題是,我們圍繞兩個最大的市場機會(主要是物聯網和網絡安全)組織了我們的軟件和服務業務。

  • In the past few years, we have done a good job in product development.

    在過去的幾年裡,我們在產品開發方面做得很好。

  • Last year, we launched 59 new products, and the year before, over 30.

    去年,我們推出了 59 款新產品,而前一年則超過了 30 款。

  • Later, I'll discuss more about the XDR product that we have launched this quarter, and I will provide you an update on BlackBerry IVY.

    稍後,我將詳細討論我們本季度推出的 XDR 產品,並為您提供有關 BlackBerry IVY 的更新。

  • As you all know, at the same time we were delivering our products, many of you know that we've been investing in our go-to-market as well.

    眾所周知,在我們交付產品的同時,你們中的許多人都知道我們也一直在投資於我們的上市。

  • We have in a number of -- last number of years, especially the last 2 quarters, we have turned up the noise on our marketing, expanded our channel and partnerships, and invested more feet on the street.

    在過去的幾年中,特別是在過去的兩個季度中,我們已經提高了營銷的噪音,擴大了我們的渠道和合作夥伴關係,並在大街上投入了更多的資金。

  • Now we are pivoting the mobilization more heavily towards the market by creating 2 business units: cybersecurity and IoT.

    現在,我們通過創建 2 個業務部門:網絡安全和物聯網,將動員更多地轉向市場。

  • By aligning the cybersecurity and IoT business units to the main market opportunities, we will drive more focus and accountability.

    通過使網絡安全和物聯網業務部門與主要市場機會保持一致,我們將推動更多的關注和責任。

  • We will also improve our agility, being able to react to the fast-changing needs of the market.

    我們還將提高我們的敏捷性,能夠對快速變化的市場需求做出反應。

  • And needless to say, both of these BUs have their own business dynamics.

    不用說,這兩個 BU 都有自己的業務動態。

  • In order to accomplish this, we have recruited a number of new talents, especially with deep IoT experience.

    為了實現這一目標,我們招募了許多新人才,尤其是具有深厚物聯網經驗的人才。

  • This includes Mattias Eriksson, who joined us from HERE Technologies, as the President of the IoT business unit.

    其中包括從 HERE Technologies 加入我們的 Mattias Eriksson,擔任物聯網業務部門的總裁。

  • Mattias brings over 2 decades of relevant industry experience and with focus on strategy, operation and driving growth in the IoT business.

    Mattias 擁有超過 2 年的相關行業經驗,專注於物聯網業務的戰略、運營和推動增長。

  • Blackberry President and Chief Operating Officer, Tom Eacobacci, will focus on leading the cybersecurity business unit, for his deep enterprise software experience, and he's the perfect person to engineer the growth of this business.

    Blackberry 總裁兼首席運營官 Tom Eacobacci 將專注於領導網絡安全業務部門,因為他擁有深厚的企業軟件經驗,他是推動該業務增長的完美人選。

  • From a financial reporting perspective, beginning this quarter we will provide revenue and gross margin by business unit as well as other selected metrics.

    從財務報告的角度來看,從本季度開始,我們將按業務部門以及其他選定的指標提供收入和毛利率。

  • We believe that this additional color will help investors gain better understanding of the underlying performance of the business units, ultimately driving shareholder value.

    我們相信,這種額外的顏色將幫助投資者更好地了解業務部門的基本業績,最終推動股東價值。

  • So let me start by reviewing with you the IoT business unit.

    因此,讓我先與您一起回顧一下 IoT 業務部門。

  • This business reaches primarily QNX, but also includes IVY, Certicom, Jarvis and Radar, had a good strong quarter.

    該業務主要涉及 QNX,但也包括 IVY、Certicom、Jarvis 和 Radar,季度表現良好。

  • Revenue came in at $43 million, which represents an increase of 48% year-over-year.

    收入為 4300 萬美元,同比增長 48%。

  • Of course, a year ago, it was a pandemic hard-hit quarter.

    當然,一年前,這是一個大流行遭受重創的季度。

  • Gross margin was 84%.

    毛利率為84%。

  • IoT ARR was $86 million.

    物聯網 ARR 為 8600 萬美元。

  • This growth in both revenue and AAR was achieved, despite the fact that we have global chip shortage.

    儘管我們存在全球芯片短缺的事實,但收入和 AAR 的增長還是實現了。

  • The shortage continues to a significant factor in the auto market in the near term and it's no doubt currently impacting the production-driven revenue of QNX.

    短期內,短缺仍然是汽車市場的一個重要因素,目前無疑會影響 QNX 的生產驅動收入。

  • The scale of the impact varies by region and by OEM.

    影響的規模因地區和 OEM 而異。

  • The impact looks to be greatest in North America and less so in Europe and Asia.

    北美的影響似乎最大,而歐洲和亞洲的影響較小。

  • One of our largest customers in North America has indicated that production in Q2 will be impacted or may be impacted by up to 50%, but others are less severe.

    我們在北美的最大客戶之一表示,第二季度的生產將受到或可能受到高達 50% 的影響,但其他客戶的嚴重程度不那麼嚴重。

  • Generally speaking, Q2 appears to be the low point, with Q3 improving and Q4 further so.

    總體而言,Q2 似乎是低點,Q3 改善,Q4 進一步改善。

  • The impact also looks to be smaller than that of the pandemic last year.

    其影響似乎也小於去年大流行的影響。

  • So currently, we don't see a need to change our revenue outlook for the year, but we'll continue to assess the impact with our customer, and we'll update you again next quarter.

    因此,目前,我們認為沒有必要改變今年的收入前景,但我們將繼續評估對客戶的影響,我們將在下個季度再次向您更新。

  • Just as a reminder, our IoT revenue outlook remains at $180 million to $200 million for the fiscal year.

    提醒一下,我們的物聯網收入前景在本財年保持在 1.8 億美元至 2 億美元之間。

  • In contrast to the production-based royalties, however, revenue from design activities, i.e., the development seat and professional services is strong.

    然而,與基於生產的特許權使用費相比,來自設計活動的收入,即開發席位和專業服務收入強勁。

  • Unlike Q1 of last fiscal year when COVID was becoming a major issue, confidence in our OEM appears high, and we've seen a lot of design activities in progress.

    與 COVID 成為主要問題的上一財年第一季度不同,我們對 OEM 的信心似乎很高,而且我們看到許多設計活動正在進行中。

  • We are particularly pleased with 2 design wins this quarter.

    我們對本季度的 2 項設計大獎感到特別滿意。

  • First one was with Volvo Group, who selected QNX RTOS and hypervisors.

    第一個是沃爾沃集團,他們選擇了 QNX RTOS 和虛擬機管理程序。

  • That stands for real-time operating system, sorry, guys.

    那代表實時操作系統,對不起,伙計們。

  • And hypervisors on a whole truck basis, meaning that our technology will power multiple ECUs throughout the truck.

    以及整個卡車的管理程序,這意味著我們的技術將為整個卡車的多個 ECU 提供動力。

  • Second, we further strengthened our position in the EV market with a design win with the Shanghai-based WM Motor.

    其次,我們與總部位於上海的威馬汽車合作,進一步鞏固了我們在電動汽車市場的地位。

  • The QNX OS, the outlaws -- the QNX OS and hypervisor will power their all-electric W6 SUV vehicle.

    QNX 操作系統,不法分子——QNX 操作系統和管理程序將為他們的全電動 W6 SUV 車輛提供動力。

  • In total, this quarter, we had 28 new design wins, with 17 in auto and 11 in GEM, the general embedded market.

    總的來說,本季度我們贏得了 28 項新設計,其中 17 項在汽車領域,11 項在通用嵌入式市場 GEM。

  • In auto, along those we just mentioned, notable design wins also include Bosch and Visteon.

    在汽車領域,除了我們剛才提到的那些,值得注意的設計勝利還包括博世和偉世通。

  • These design wins span hypervisor, digital cockpits, multiple-socket ADAS, platform and high-definition maps.

    這些設計贏得了管理程序、數字駕駛艙、多插槽 ADAS、平台和高清地圖。

  • On the GEM front, the wide range of application won in the quarter include surgical robotic arm, industrial 3D printers as well as [nuclear product station.]

    在創業板方面,本季度贏得的廣泛應用包括手術機械臂、工業 3D 打印機以及 [核產品站]。

  • So design wins, such as Volvo, demonstrate 2 key secular trends that QNX business benefits from.

    因此,像沃爾沃這樣的設計勝利證明了 QNX 業務受益的 2 個關鍵長期趨勢。

  • The first one is the consolidation of lower compute power ECUs towards a few numbers higher-power chipset, such as the ARM version v8 and the x86 and 64-bit chipsets.

    第一個是將計算能力較低的 ECU 整合到一些更高功率的芯片組上,例如 ARM v8 版本以及 x86 和 64 位芯片組。

  • It is on these higher-power chips that QNX operates, and as this consolidation continues, it gives QNX ever more opportunity in the car.

    QNX 正是在這些更高功率的芯片上運行的,隨著這種整合的繼續,它為 QNX 在汽車中提供了更多的機會。

  • Secondarily, there is a -- the second point -- second trend, that is.

    其次,有一個——第二點——第二個趨勢,那就是。

  • There is a trend of increasing software content per vehicle, particularly in safety critical systems, such as ADAS, gateway and digital copies.

    每輛車的軟件內容都有增加的趨勢,特別是在安全關鍵系統中,例如 ADAS、網關和數字副本。

  • This is, of course, where QNX shine with the highest level of safety certification and has the stronger competitive -- strongest competitive advantage.

    當然,這也是 QNX 憑藉最高級別的安全認證而大放異彩的地方,並且具有更強的競爭力——最強的競爭優勢。

  • Our strategy to focus on safety critical system, which we put in place a number of years ago, has allowed the business to benefit from these trends, ultimately leading to higher average revenue per car.

    我們多年前實施的專注於安全關鍵系統的戰略使企業能夠從這些趨勢中受益,最終提高每輛車的平均收入。

  • This strategy is delivering higher value design wins and will benefit the royalty revenue backlog.

    這一策略帶來了更高價值的設計勝利,並將有利於特許權使用費收入的積壓。

  • The backlog metrics is calculated using contracted price and future production volume estimates provided by the customer when the design is awarded.

    積壓指標是使用客戶在授予設計時提供的合同價格和未來產量估計值計算的。

  • It's important to note that this is a customer's estimate.

    請務必注意,這是客戶的估計。

  • The backlog increased from $450 million last Q1 to $490 million this first quarter.

    積壓訂單從第一季度的 4.5 億美元增加到第一季度的 4.9 億美元。

  • This is a 9% increase year-on-year despite the pressure on new auto designs over the last 12 months.

    儘管過去 12 個月新汽車設計面臨壓力,但同比增長 9%。

  • Strategy Analytics, a leading independent research firm, recently published that QNX software is now embedded in over 195 million vehicles.

    領先的獨立研究公司 Strategy Analytics 最近發布消息稱,QNX 軟件現已嵌入超過 1.95 億輛汽車中。

  • That is up from 175 million confirmed the year before.

    這高於前一年確認的1.75億。

  • Now for a brief update on progress with IVY.

    現在簡要介紹一下 IVY 的進展情況。

  • Driving the IVY opportunity forward remains one of our key priorities, and we're working closely with AWS to achieve this.

    推動 IVY 機會向前發展仍然是我們的主要優先事項之一,我們正在與 AWS 密切合作以實現這一目標。

  • Product development remains on track and in line with the road map.

    產品開發仍按計劃進行並符合路線圖。

  • We remain on target for the early SS version to be available in October and for the production versions to start shipping next February.

    我們仍然計劃在 10 月推出早期 SS 版本,並在明年 2 月開始發布生產版本。

  • Customer discussion and workshops are continuing, and we remain positive about how things are progressing.

    客戶討論和研討會仍在繼續,我們對事情的進展保持積極態度。

  • This quarter, an additional 5 automakers engaged to explore IVY.

    本季度,又有 5 家汽車製造商參與探索 IVY。

  • This means that we're now engaged with most -- almost all of our major QNX customers.

    這意味著我們現在與大多數——幾乎所有主要的 QNX 客戶接觸。

  • We recently announced the launch of the IVY Advisory Council.

    我們最近宣布成立常春藤諮詢委員會。

  • Industry leaders on a number of key verticals have signed up, including Telus Telecommunications, one of the Big 3,000 companies in Canada; GEICO Insurance, you see a lot on TV with their commercial; HERE Maps; and Cerence, which is the voice recognition auto business.

    許多關鍵垂直領域的行業領導者已經簽約,包括加拿大 3,000 大公司之一的 Telus Telecommunications; GEICO Insurance,你在電視上看到很多他們的廣告;這里地圖;和 Cerence,這是語音識別汽車業務。

  • Development of relevant and exciting new use cases for IVY platform remains a key priority, and we believe that the council could greatly assist us with this.

    為 IVY 平台開發相關且令人興奮的新用例仍然是一個關鍵優先事項,我們相信理事會可以在這方面為我們提供極大的幫助。

  • Delivering relevant maps and experience provide a higher engagement model with both the consumer as well as the enterprise.

    提供相關地圖和體驗為消費者和企業提供了更高的參與度模型。

  • Last quarter, we launched the IVY Innovation Fund, established to invest in start-ups adopting the IVY platform.

    上個季度,我們推出了常春藤創新基金,旨在投資採用常春藤平台的初創企業。

  • Since then, we had a great response from the market, and we have reviewed over 200 prospective customers.

    從那時起,我們得到了市場的巨大反響,我們已經審查了 200 多個潛在客戶。

  • We recently announced our first investment in an exciting start-up called Electra Vehicles.

    我們最近宣布了我們對一家名為 Electra Vehicles 的令人興奮的初創公司的第一筆投資。

  • Unlike those other start-ups in the battery management space, Electra aims to not only analyze activity, but to also actively manage the battery operation using artificial intelligence.

    與電池管理領域的其他初創公司不同,Electra 的目標不僅是分析活動,而且還使用人工智能主動管理電池操作。

  • Vehicle sensor data on IVY will feed their AI-driven platform, dynamically determining factors such as driving behavior and environmental condition to optimize battery performance.

    IVY 上的車輛傳感器數據將為他們的人工智能驅動平台提供數據,動態確定駕駛行為和環境條件等因素,以優化電池性能。

  • In summary, IVY is progressing well, and we remain very focused on the various elements needed to make this a strong growth business and succeed.

    總而言之,IVY 進展順利,我們仍然非常關注使其成為強勁增長業務並取得成功所需的各種要素。

  • Now let me move to our cybersecurity business unit.

    現在讓我轉到我們的網絡安全業務部門。

  • This business unit includes our Spark endpoint security and endpoint management product, UEM, as well as AtHoc, the critical event management software, and Secusmart, secure voice and text product.

    該業務部門包括我們的 Spark 端點安全和端點管理產品 UEM,以及關鍵事件管理軟件 AtHoc 和安全語音和文本產品 Secusmart。

  • GAAP revenue for the quarter was $107 million.

    本季度的 GAAP 收入為 1.07 億美元。

  • As mentioned during the last earnings call, we now switched to a revenue -- GAAP-based revenue only.

    如上次財報電話會議所述,我們現在轉向收入——僅基於 GAAP 的收入。

  • Gross margin was 57%, ARR was $364 million, and dollar-based net retention was 94%, 9-4.

    毛利率為 57%,ARR 為 3.64 億美元,基於美元的淨留存率為 94%,9-4。

  • Over the last couple of years and prevailing -- the prevailing narrative has been that detection and remediation is the most important part of cybersecurity.

    在過去的幾年裡,流行的說法是,檢測和補救是網絡安全中最重要的部分。

  • However, the founding principle of Cylance and one of our main reasons that we acquired it is that prevention is far better than cure.

    然而,Cylance 的創立原則和我們獲得它的主要原因之一是預防遠勝於治療。

  • And that's why we're a market leader in EPP.

    這就是我們成為 EPP 市場領導者的原因。

  • Stopping threats before they execute and start doing harm is clearly a better strategy than trying to shut them down afterwards.

    在威脅執行並開始造成傷害之前阻止它們顯然是比事後關閉它們更好的策略。

  • This quarter, we demonstrated the strategy clearly with our next-generation AV product named Protect, blocking the DarkSide ransomware, believed to have been the cause of the Colonial Pipeline cyber incidents.

    本季度,我們使用名為 Protect 的下一代 AV 產品清楚地展示了該策略,阻止了被認為是造成 Colonial Pipeline 網絡事件的原因的 DarkSide 勒索軟件。

  • In fact, the 2015 version of Protect also blocked most of the variants of the same ransomware, obviously, 6 years ahead of its time.

    事實上,2015 年版本的 Protect 也阻止了同一勒索軟件的大部分變種,顯然比它的時間提前了 6 年。

  • We do have the most mature AI engine in the space and the ability to block ransomware years ahead of time without the need for update net connectivity.

    我們確實擁有該領域最成熟的 AI 引擎,並且能夠提前數年阻止勒索軟件,而無需更新網絡連接。

  • This shows the power of our prevention-first strategy.

    這顯示了我們預防為主戰略的力量。

  • Protect was also shown to prevent other high-profile threats, such as the Conti ransomware, Mobillion REvil and others.

    Protect 還被證明可以防止其他引人注目的威脅,例如 Conti 勒索軟件、Mobillion REvil 等。

  • In addition to large enterprise customers, this AI-driven automated protection also resonates with small and medium-sized customers that don't have the resources to establish their SOCs, meaning the security operation centers.

    除了大型企業客戶,這種人工智能驅動的自動化保護也引起了沒有資源建立 SOC(即安全運營中心)的中小型客戶的共鳴。

  • We see strong sequential growth in SMB new business pipeline of around 18%.

    我們看到中小企業新業務渠道的強勁環比增長約為 18%。

  • In the quarter, we announced 2 significant new products, both of which are part of the extended detection and response, or XDR strategy, kind of the latest evolve market from EDR.

    在本季度,我們宣布了 2 款重要的新產品,它們都是擴展檢測和響應或 XDR 策略的一部分,這是 EDR 的最新發展市場。

  • The first product is Blackberry Gateway.

    第一個產品是黑莓網關。

  • With employees based remotely and not in the office as well as mobile becoming more prevalent, the traditional moat-and-castle model of network assets is no longer efficient or effective.

    隨著遠程辦公而不是在辦公室的員工以及移動辦公變得越來越普遍,傳統的網絡資產護城河和城堡模型不再有效或有效。

  • In fact, VPN users, once authenticated, often has access to the entire network, including on-prem and other SaaS applications for the length of their session.

    事實上,VPN 用戶一旦通過身份驗證,通常可以在會話期間訪問整個網絡,包括本地和其他 SaaS 應用程序。

  • Blackberry Gateway is a zero trust network access product that uses the Cylance AI to continuously authenticate network activity.

    Blackberry Gateway 是一種零信任網絡訪問產品,它使用 Cylance AI 持續驗證網絡活動。

  • The cloud AI evaluates over 30 risk factors, or we name it factors, such as downloading behavior, DNS, query, time of day, et cetera, to determine unusual activity.

    雲 AI 評估 30 多個風險因素,或者我們將其命名為因素,例如下載行為、DNS、查詢、一天中的時間等,以確定異常活動。

  • The second product released this quarter is Optics 3.0.

    本季度發布的第二款產品是 Optics 3.0。

  • It's our latest version of our endpoint detection and response market, or namely EDR.

    這是我們最新版本的端點檢測和響應市場,即 EDR。

  • With this new version, the AI-driven engine remains at both the edge and in the cloud, allowing new real-time responses, both offline and online.

    在這個新版本中,AI 驅動的引擎保留在邊緣和雲端,允許離線和在線新的實時響應。

  • This continues to be a differentiator for us.

    這對我們來說仍然是一個差異化因素。

  • However, importantly, this new cloud-enabled product will allow even data to be stored centrally in a cloud-based data lake.

    然而,重要的是,這種支持雲的新產品甚至可以將數據集中存儲在基於雲的數據湖中。

  • This, together with a new search engine and a query language allow threat hunters to gain greater visibility.

    這與新的搜索引擎和查詢語言一起使威脅獵手能夠獲得更大的可見性。

  • Switching to the sales front.

    轉向銷售前線。

  • UEM revenue in Q1 was down year-over-year, in part due to the work-from-home ramp up that we absorbed last year but didn't repeat.

    第一季度的 UEM 收入同比下降,部分原因是我們去年吸收了在家工作的增加,但沒有重複。

  • Let me reassure you that the UEM remains an important part of our cyber business, and we remain fully committed to it.

    讓我向您保證,UEM 仍然是我們網絡業務的重要組成部分,我們將繼續全力以赴。

  • In the quarter, we continued to secure business with our highly regulated customers.

    在本季度,我們繼續與受到嚴格監管的客戶保持業務往來。

  • Let me start with financial services.

    讓我從金融服務開始。

  • In financial services, including Mitsubishi UFJ, Bank of China, Bank of France and the Union Bank of India.

    在金融服務方面,包括三菱日聯銀行、中國銀行、法國銀行和印度聯合銀行。

  • In the government and health care sector, we conduct business with the government of Canada, the U.K. NHS Health Services, University Health Network Canada, the United States Department of Energy, and Department of Commerce, the Netherlands Ministry of General Affairs, the Australian Department of Environmental and Energy, also the White House Communications Agency, U.S. Department of State, Department of Treasury and the United States Department of Defense.

    在政府和醫療保健領域,我們與加拿大政府、英國 NHS 衛生服務、加拿大大學健康網絡、美國能源部、商務部、荷蘭總務部、澳大利亞部開展業務環境與能源部、白宮通訊署、美國國務院、財政部和美國國防部。

  • Also in government -- in the United States federal government, we have increased the number of AtHoc cloud FedRAMP users by 6% sequentially.

    同樣在政府中——在美國聯邦政府中,我們將 AtHoc 雲 FedRAMP 用戶的數量連續增加了 6%。

  • From a market perspective, this quarter, we gained new business through partnership we recently announced with Verizon, Vodafone as well as Telus.

    從市場的角度來看,本季度,我們通過最近宣布與 Verizon、沃達丰和 Telus 的合作獲得了新業務。

  • With Microsoft, we have integrated our Critical Event Management product alert with Microsoft Teams.

    通過 Microsoft,我們已將我們的關鍵事件管理產品警報與 Microsoft Teams 集成。

  • Further, as we've communicated in the past, our cyber suite, our UES platform, is on target to integrate with Intune by the end of August.

    此外,正如我們過去所傳達的,我們的網絡套件,我們的 UES 平台,目標是在 8 月底之前與 Intune 集成。

  • This quarter, we significantly stepped up our sales hiring.

    本季度,我們大幅增加了銷售招聘。

  • The market for high-quality talent is competitive, and it has taken a little longer to increase our headcount, but we currently expect to end Q2 with around 23% more sales reps than at the start of the year.

    高素質人才市場競爭激烈,增加我們的員工人數需要更長的時間,但我們目前預計第二季度末銷售代表將比年初增加約 23%。

  • This expanded reach will help Blackberry to be in more competitive bake offs, where our product stands up well.

    這種擴大的影響力將幫助黑莓在更具競爭力的烘焙產品中脫穎而出,我們的產品在這些產品中脫穎而出。

  • With the recent increase of sales hiring, many of which start during Q2, billings goal is likely to be more heavily weighted to the back half of the year.

    隨著最近銷售招聘的增加,其中許多是在第二季度開始的,比林斯的目標可能會在今年下半年得到更大的權重。

  • Therefore, revenue is likely to be at the lower end of our $495 million to $515 million range that we gave last quarter.

    因此,收入可能處於我們上個季度給出的 4.95 億美元至 5.15 億美元範圍的低端。

  • Moving on to licenses.

    繼續許可證。

  • Revenue for the quarter was $24 million, which is better-than-expected because some business came in early.

    本季度收入為 2400 萬美元,好於預期,因為一些業務提前到來。

  • Gross margin was 75%.

    毛利率為 75%。

  • The negotiation for the sale of a large portion of the patent portfolio are ongoing and good progress has been made.

    出售大部分專利組合的談判正在進行中,並取得了良好進展。

  • In fact, we have started negotiating the definitive agreement.

    事實上,我們已經開始談判最終協議。

  • Revenue for Q2 is likely to be in the range of $10 million to $15 million for the IP, as stated last quarter, so this has not changed.

    如上個季度所述,第二季度的 IP 收入可能在 1000 萬美元到 1500 萬美元之間,因此這一點沒有改變。

  • This is due to the monetization activities being limited by the ongoing negotiations.

    這是由於正在進行的談判限制了貨幣化活動。

  • In terms of the full year outlook for the licensing business, should the sales not complete, we expect revenue to be around $100 million.

    就授權業務的全年前景而言,如果銷售未完成,我們預計收入將在 1 億美元左右。

  • Let me now hand the call over to Steve.

    現在讓我把電話交給史蒂夫。

  • Steve Rai - CFO

    Steve Rai - CFO

  • Thanks, John.

    謝謝,約翰。

  • So my comments on our financial performance for the fiscal quarter will be in non-GAAP terms, unless otherwise noted.

    因此,除非另有說明,否則我對本財季財務業績的評論將採用非公認會計原則。

  • Please refer to the supplemental table in the press release for the GAAP and non-GAAP details.

    有關 GAAP 和非 GAAP 的詳細信息,請參閱新聞稿中的補充表格。

  • As John mentioned earlier, starting this quarter, we are no longer adjusting GAAP revenue for deferred revenue acquired.

    正如約翰之前提到的,從本季度開始,我們不再根據獲得的遞延收入調整 GAAP 收入。

  • This means that GAAP and non-GAAP revenue will be the same going forward and comparatives have been conformed accordingly.

    這意味著 GAAP 和非 GAAP 收入在未來將是相同的,並且比較已相應地符合。

  • We delivered first quarter total company revenue of $174 million.

    我們第一季度的公司總收入為 1.74 億美元。

  • First quarter total company gross margin was 66%.

    第一季度公司總毛利率為66%。

  • Our non-GAAP gross margin excludes stock compensation expense of $1 million.

    我們的非公認會計原則毛利率不包括 100 萬美元的股票補償費用。

  • First quarter operating expenses were $138 million.

    第一季度運營費用為 1.38 億美元。

  • Our non-GAAP operating expenses exclude $32 million in amortization of acquired intangibles, $6 million in stock compensation expense and a $4 million fair value adjustment on the convertible debentures, which is a noncash accounting adjustment largely driven by market conditions.

    我們的非公認會計原則運營費用不包括 3200 萬美元的收購無形資產攤銷、600 萬美元的股票補償費用和 400 萬美元的可轉換債券公允價值調整,這是一項主要受市場條件驅動的非現金會計調整。

  • The first quarter non-GAAP operating loss was $23 million, and the first quarter non-GAAP net loss was $27 million.

    第一季度非公認會計準則營業虧損為 2300 萬美元,第一季度非公認會計準則淨虧損為 2700 萬美元。

  • Non-GAAP earnings per share was a $0.05 loss in the quarter, and our adjusted EBITDA was negative $6 million this quarter, excluding the non-GAAP adjustments previously mentioned.

    本季度非 GAAP 每股收益虧損 0.05 美元,本季度調整後的 EBITDA 為負 600 萬美元,不包括前面提到的非 GAAP 調整。

  • I will now provide a breakdown of our revenue in the quarter.

    我現在將提供本季度收入的明細。

  • Cybersecurity revenue was $107 million and IoT revenue was $43 million.

    網絡安全收入為 1.07 億美元,物聯網收入為 4300 萬美元。

  • Software product revenue remained in the range of 80% to 85% of the total, with professional services comprising the balance.

    軟件產品收入佔總收入的比重保持在 80% 至 85% 之間,專業服務佔其餘部分。

  • The recurring portion of software product revenue was approximately 90%.

    軟件產品收入的經常性部分約為 90%。

  • Licensing and other revenue, as John mentioned, was $24 million.

    正如約翰所說,許可和其他收入為 2400 萬美元。

  • This is a little higher-than-expected as deals came in early.

    由於交易來得早,這略高於預期。

  • The monetization activity remains limited while negotiations for the potential IP sales continue.

    貨幣化活動仍然有限,而潛在 IP 銷售的談判仍在繼續。

  • Now moving to our balance sheet and cash flow performance.

    現在轉到我們的資產負債表和現金流表現。

  • Total cash, cash equivalents and investments were $769 million at May 31, 2021, a decrease of $35 million during the quarter.

    截至 2021 年 5 月 31 日,現金、現金等價物和投資總額為 7.69 億美元,本季度減少 3500 萬美元。

  • Our net cash position decreased to $404 million at the end of the quarter.

    本季度末,我們的淨現金頭寸降至 4.04 億美元。

  • First quarter free cash flow was negative $35 million.

    第一季度自由現金流為負 3500 萬美元。

  • Cash generated from operations was negative $33 million, and capital expenditures were $2 million.

    運營產生的現金為負 3300 萬美元,資本支出為 200 萬美元。

  • Bear in mind, the first quarter of our fiscal year typically has a higher cash requirement due to payment of annual bonuses and other demands at this time.

    請記住,由於此時支付年度獎金和其他需求,我們財政年度的第一季度通常有更高的現金需求。

  • That concludes my comments, and I'll now turn the call back to John.

    我的評論到此結束,我現在將電話轉回給 John。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you, Steve.

    謝謝你,史蒂夫。

  • Before the Q&A, I'd like to update everybody on a few things.

    在 Q&A 之前,我想向大家更新一些事情。

  • Although we have organized along the go-to-market lines, there are a number of future high-growth opportunities that our factory lab is working on that actually harness the power of all the entire technology portfolio.

    儘管我們已經按照上市路線進行了組織,但我們的工廠實驗室正在研究許多未來的高增長機會,這些機會實際上利用了所有整個技術組合的力量。

  • The first is supplying our AI/ML engine in IoT.

    首先是在物聯網中提供我們的 AI/ML 引擎。

  • One good example of this is using Cylance in a car.

    一個很好的例子是在汽車中使用 Cylance。

  • You may or may not remember at CES a couple of years ago, we demonstrated an early version of how our Persona technology that identifies inappropriate access from the user behaviors can be applied to drivers of vehicles.

    您可能記得也可能不記得幾年前在 CES 上,我們展示了我們的 Persona 技術如何從用戶行為中識別不當訪問的早期版本,該技術如何應用於車輛駕駛員。

  • We also demonstrated how our protected EPP can be used to protect the connected cars from cyber threats.

    我們還展示了我們受保護的 EPP 如何用於保護聯網汽車免受網絡威脅。

  • They are just 2 the number of potential use cases that we are currently looking at.

    它們只是我們目前正在研究的潛在用例數量的 2 個。

  • The second is our data lake.

    第二個是我們的數據湖。

  • Drawing data for an ever-increasing number of sources allow for greater visibility and determination of the real level of risk across an organization.

    為越來越多的來源繪製數據可以提高整個組織的真實風險水平的可見性和確定性。

  • Essential -- this is obviously essential to zero trust applications.

    必不可少——這對於零信任應用程序顯然是必不可少的。

  • This applies not only to XDR, but also the increasing sensor-rich auto environment, autonomous drive and smart cities.

    這不僅適用於 XDR,也適用於傳感器日益豐富的汽車環境、自動駕駛和智慧城市。

  • This centralization of data and insights through our data lake can enable a whole new business model in the future.

    通過我們的數據湖集中數據和洞察力可以在未來實現全新的商業模式。

  • The third area is related to the recent U.S. SBOM, stands for software bill of materials, the executive orders that aim to secure the software supply chain.

    第三個領域與最近的美國 SBOM 有關,代表軟件材料清單,旨在保護軟件供應鏈的行政命令。

  • This comes in light of the recent incidents, including Solar Winds and the Colonial Pipeline threat -- intrusions.

    這是鑑於最近發生的事件,包括太陽風和殖民管道威脅——入侵。

  • Combining products from our IoT products, including our Jarvis code-scanning tools, our QNX-embedded operating system and our Certicom technology with our prevention-first AI-driven cybersecurity product and services, means Blackberry offers a comprehensive approach to this issue.

    將我們的物聯網產品中的產品(包括我們的 Jarvis 代碼掃描工具、我們的 QNX 嵌入式操作系統和我們的 Certicom 技術)與我們以預防為先的人工智能驅動的網絡安全產品和服務相結合,意味著黑莓為這個問題提供了一種全面的方法。

  • We have begun working closely with various government and standard-setting bodies.

    我們已經開始與各種政府和標準制定機構密切合作。

  • So before we open the line for Q&A, I'd like to summarize the key messages again.

    因此,在我們開啟問答環節之前,我想再次總結一下關鍵信息。

  • We have organized our software and services business around our key market opportunity, strengthening our management team in the process.

    我們圍繞我們的關鍵市場機會組織了我們的軟件和服務業務,並在此過程中加強了我們的管理團隊。

  • QNX made solid progress this year -- this quarter, sorry.

    QNX 今年取得了實質性進展——本季度,抱歉。

  • We're pleased with the strong design activities and the pipeline of new design wins that saw royalty revenue backlog increase year-over-year.

    我們對強大的設計活動和新設計中標的管道感到滿意,這使得特許權使用費收入積壓同比增加。

  • We continue to demonstrate real progress with IVY with tangible steps forward, such as the launch of the Advisory Council as well as the first investment by the Innovation Fund.

    我們繼續展示與 IVY 的實際進展,向前邁出了切實的步驟,例如諮詢委員會的成立以及創新基金的第一筆投資。

  • We launched 2 new important products that [expand] our XDR strategy, and the AI-driven prevention-first approach continues to be our focus.

    我們推出了 2 個新的重要產品,[擴展]了我們的 XDR 戰略,人工智能驅動的預防優先方法仍然是我們的重點。

  • We're also increasing headcount -- sales headcount, and pipeline is growing, particularly for our new UES products.

    我們也在增加員工人數——銷售人數,並且管道正在增長,特別是對於我們的新 UES 產品。

  • Our main focus is on growing the top line, and therefore, we'll continue to increase investments in both our software business units as we see double-digit billing growth this year.

    我們的主要重點是增加收入,因此,我們將繼續增加對我們兩個軟件業務部門的投資,因為我們今年看到兩位數的賬單增長。

  • Finally, we remain optimistic about a successful conclusion to the negotiation of the patent portfolio itself.

    最後,我們仍然對專利組合本身的談判成功結束感到樂觀。

  • And with that, I would like to ask Jesse to open the line for Q&A, please.

    有了這個,我想請 Jesse 打開問答熱線。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • (Operator Instructions) Our first question is from the line of Daniel Chan of TD Securities.

    (操作員說明)我們的第一個問題來自道明證券的 Daniel Chan。

  • Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

    Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

  • John, so you stated that your QNX royalty revenue backlog increased to $490 million from $450 million last year.

    約翰,所以您說您的 QNX 版稅收入積壓從去年的 4.5 億美元增加到 4.9 億美元。

  • Over what period of time do you expect that backlog to be recognized over?

    您希望在多長時間內確認積壓工作?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Typically, the highest -- it usually is 4 to 7 years.

    通常,最高 - 通常是 4 到 7 年。

  • And typically, it's peak at 4, and then it starts moving down towards the end of the life cycle of a car.

    通常,它在 4 點達到峰值,然後在汽車生命週期結束時開始下降。

  • Sometime it extended more beyond that.

    有時它會超出此範圍。

  • Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

    Daniel Chan - Research Analyst

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • That's helpful.

    這很有幫助。

  • And then you also talked about the IVY Advisory Council.

    然後你還談到了常春藤諮詢委員會。

  • Can you talk about the level of commitment partners have agreed to as part of this council and whether you plan to include major OEMs on it?

    您能否談談合作夥伴作為該委員會的一部分同意的承諾水平,以及您是否計劃將主要 OEM 納入其中?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • It's a great question.

    這是一個很好的問題。

  • But before I answer that question, let me make one more comment on the backlog because I have also gotten some feedback regarding that our backlog number is very conservative.

    但在我回答這個問題之前,讓我對積壓工作再做一點評論,因為我也收到了一些關於我們的積壓數量非常保守的反饋。

  • I would tell you that it is on a conservative side, and we get it from -- directly from the OEM when we win the design win and they gave us the estimate.

    我會告訴你這是保守的一面,當我們贏得設計勝利並且他們給了我們估計時,我們直接從原始設備製造商那裡得到它。

  • We also have not included professional services backlog and developer seat backlog.

    我們也沒有包括專業服務積壓和開發人員席位積壓。

  • So in the future, when we have a very solid methodology so that we just don't kind of do much of the guessing and we get a very grounded set of math, you will see that backlog number to go up, and we will tell you all that we're going to include that.

    所以在未來,當我們有一個非常可靠的方法,我們不需要做太多的猜測,我們得到一套非常紮實的數學,你會看到積壓的數量會增加,我們會告訴你我們將包括的所有內容。

  • But that may take a couple of quarters.

    但這可能需要幾個季度。

  • And to go back to answer your question regarding the Advisory Council.

    並回過頭來回答您關於諮詢委員會的問題。

  • They're there to help us to define use cases, particularly in the vertical that they operate in, that the IVY could be of great help.

    他們在那裡幫助我們定義用例,特別是在他們運營的垂直領域,IVY 可以提供很大幫助。

  • And I don't want to exclude any OEM, but I don't think OEM would want to do that.

    而且我不想排除任何 OEM,但我認為 OEM 不會想要這樣做。

  • They tend to do it one-on-one with us directly because this is obviously value-add that they don't want to share.

    他們傾向於直接與我們一對一地進行,因為這顯然是他們不想分享的增值。

  • So proprietary to themselves.

    所以專屬於自己。

  • I hope that makes sense.

    我希望這是有道理的。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Next question is from the line of Mike Walkley of Canaccord.

    下一個問題來自 Canaccord 的 Mike Walkley。

  • Thomas Michael Walkley - MD & Senior Equity Analyst

    Thomas Michael Walkley - MD & Senior Equity Analyst

  • I was hoping you could update us on Blackberry's UEM strategy.

    我希望您能向我們介紹 Blackberry 的 UEM 戰略。

  • I know there's some tough comps because of the pandemic from last year, but could you just update us on the strategy?

    我知道由於去年的大流行,有一些艱難的比賽,但你能告訴我們最新的策略嗎?

  • Is it still a large piece of your cybersecurity business unit?

    它仍然是您網絡安全業務部門的重要組成部分嗎?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • That's a good question.

    這是個好問題。

  • So let's see.

    那麼讓我們看看。

  • Our spot platform is composed of UEM and UES.

    我們的現貨平台由UEM和UES組成。

  • And UEM is very strategic to us because it is our gateway to a lot of our major customers who are completely reliant on us on security.

    UEM 對我們來說非常具有戰略意義,因為它是我們通往許多在安全方面完全依賴我們的主要客戶的門戶。

  • So our strategy is continue to expand our footprint in the regulated industry, and we're on the more price-sensitive and kind of the nonregulated industries.

    因此,我們的戰略是繼續擴大我們在受監管行業的影響力,而我們正處於對價格更加敏感和類型更不受監管的行業。

  • We want to make sure that our UES platform, which is our endpoint security platform, also connect and run on it.

    我們希望確保我們的終端安全平台 UES 平台也可以連接並在其上運行。

  • And obviously, one of the largest installed base outside of my space here -- outside the regulated is Microsoft Intune.

    顯然,在我的空間之外最大的安裝基礎之一——在受監管的範圍之外是 Microsoft Intune。

  • So this is why that we're excited about the fact that we'll have Intune released -- connected to Intune release in end of August, I believe, yes.

    所以這就是為什麼我們對我們將發布 Intune 感到興奮的原因——我相信,是的,與 8 月底的 Intune 版本相關。

  • End of August.

    八月底。

  • So basically, the strategy is continue to expand the footprint that we have in the vertical like financial, health care and government.

    所以基本上,我們的戰略是繼續擴大我們在金融、醫療保健和政府等垂直領域的足跡。

  • That's very important to us.

    這對我們來說非常重要。

  • With the UEM, with its road map.

    有了 UEM,有了它的路線圖。

  • The road map is highly geared towards security and certifications and compliance and so forth.

    該路線圖高度關注安全性、認證和合規性等。

  • And then the bring your own device, BYOD environment.

    然後自帶設備,BYOD 環境。

  • And that's the kind of the road map that UEM's focused on.

    這就是 UEM 所關注的路線圖。

  • And then the UES is, of course, expanding on all the cybersecurity antivirus stuff.

    當然,UES 正在擴展所有網絡安全防病毒的東西。

  • So that's our major -- that's our strategy of how we approach the market.

    所以這是我們的專業——這是我們進入市場的策略。

  • Thomas Michael Walkley - MD & Senior Equity Analyst

    Thomas Michael Walkley - MD & Senior Equity Analyst

  • Great.

    偉大的。

  • No, that's very helpful.

    不,這很有幫助。

  • And just my follow-up question, just on the gross margin by division.

    只是我的後續問題,只是按部門劃分的毛利率。

  • Thanks for the updated business metrics.

    感謝更新的業務指標。

  • How should we think about gross margin trends for the businesses over time, particularly on the cybersecurity business?

    隨著時間的推移,我們應該如何看待企業的毛利率趨勢,尤其是網絡安全業務?

  • Where could those gross margins get to over time as the business ramps?

    隨著業務的增長,隨著時間的推移,這些毛利率會在哪裡?

  • And any reason why it might have fallen a bit sequentially?

    以及為什麼它可能會按順序下降一點?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • I think the best way to answer the question is that, especially with cybersecurity, we're trying to go to the enterprise software timeless model, and so we have not deviated from that.

    我認為回答這個問題的最佳方式是,尤其是在網絡安全方面,我們正在嘗試採用企業軟件的永恆模型,因此我們沒有偏離這一點。

  • So the gross margin ought to be maybe highly competitive, but they have the high-volume growth, somewhere between 75% to 80%.

    因此,毛利率應該很有競爭力,但它們的增長量很大,大約在 75% 到 80% 之間。

  • I think that will be a very good target to shoot for, for the cyber business.

    我認為對於網絡業務來說,這將是一個非常好的目標。

  • Thomas Michael Walkley - MD & Senior Equity Analyst

    Thomas Michael Walkley - MD & Senior Equity Analyst

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • And what needs to happen to maybe get there from where you are today?

    從你今天的位置到那裡可能需要發生什麼?

  • What would be that time frame, you think?

    你認為那個時間框架是什麼?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Time frame, we're going to -- I think probably a year out, if you want me to guess that.

    時間框架,我們將 - 我想可能一年後,如果你想讓我猜的話。

  • And how do I base that on?

    我如何以此為基礎?

  • Because if you recall, we actually have a lot of increase of headcount feet on the street this quarter.

    因為如果你回想一下,本季度我們實際上在街上的人數增加了很多。

  • In fact -- our quarter ends in August, in fact, some of them have -- has committed to sign-on and is yet to start.

    事實上——我們的季度在八月結束,事實上,他們中的一些人已經——已經承諾簽約但尚未開始。

  • And with that, if I give them the time for 9 to 12 months, 6 to 9 months getting up to speed and at the same time, cultivating the pipeline to make the sales cycle work, I think about a year out, I should see some good results from this class of incoming team members here.

    有了這個,如果我給他們 9 到 12 個月的時間,6 到 9 個月的時間來加快速度,同時培養管道以使銷售週期正常工作,我想一年後,我應該看到這類新來的團隊成員在這裡取得了一些好成績。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Next question is from the line of Paul Treiber of RBC Capital Markets.

    下一個問題來自加拿大皇家銀行資本市場的 Paul Treiber。

  • Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

    Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

  • Follow-up question on sales.

    關於銷售的後續問題。

  • But you mentioned in the outlook or the prepared remarks that you expect bookings -- double-digit bookings growth for the year.

    但是您在展望或準備好的評論中提到您預計預訂量 - 今年的預訂量增長兩位數。

  • How should we think about the ramp or the trajectory over the year?

    我們應該如何看待這一年的坡道或軌跡?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • No, I actually didn't get it.

    不,我實際上沒有得到它。

  • Paul, I missed some bit of your words.

    保羅,我錯過了你的話。

  • Do you mind...

    你介意嗎...

  • Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

    Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

  • Yes, bookings growth.

    是的,預訂量增長。

  • How should we think about bookings growth over this coming year?

    我們應該如何看待來年的預訂增長?

  • How should we think about the ramp over the year relative to where we are now?

    相對於我們現在的情況,我們應該如何看待一年中的斜坡?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • As I said earlier, also, we just recently had a lot of increase of headcount in sales.

    正如我之前所說,我們最近剛剛增加了很多銷售人員。

  • So the booking is most likely to be back-ended this year and then continue on for next year, obviously.

    因此,預訂很可能會在今年被取消,然後在明年繼續進行,很明顯。

  • So I don't know whether that's the question you're asking.

    所以我不知道這是否是你要問的問題。

  • Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

    Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

  • And the rate of growth there, like where you expect it to go to?

    那裡的增長率,就像你期望的那樣?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes, yes.

    是的是的。

  • We do -- on bookings, we do expect that towards the end of the year, we do expect a double-digit percentage growth.

    我們確實 - 在預訂方面,我們確實預計到今年年底,我們確實預計會有兩位數的百分比增長。

  • Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

    Paul Michael Treiber - Director of Canadian Technology & Analyst

  • Okay, that's helpful.

    好的,這很有幫助。

  • On cybersecurity revenue, in -- for this quarter, based on the numbers -- the historical numbers and GAAP numbers, I did take a step down.

    關於網絡安全收入,在本季度,根據歷史數據和 GAAP 數據,我確實採取了措施。

  • I think you mentioned UEM.

    我想你提到了UEM。

  • Can you just elaborate on what you saw customers doing?

    你能詳細說明你看到客戶在做什麼嗎?

  • I mean, I imagine they purchased last year.

    我的意思是,我想他們是去年購買的。

  • Did they churn off?

    他們翻車了嗎?

  • Did they -- can you just elaborate on what happened there?

    他們 - 你能詳細說明那裡發生的事情嗎?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • No.

    不。

  • I think it's quite -- in general, it's quite steady and stable.

    我認為它相當 - 總的來說,它相當穩定和穩定。

  • We didn't see the growth that we're hoping for, but it will be forthcoming because we just released the EDR products.

    我們沒有看到我們希望的增長,但它即將到來,因為我們剛剛發布了 EDR 產品。

  • We talked about cloud -- the cloud version, the latest Optics 3.0.

    我們談到了雲——雲版本,最新的 Optics 3.0。

  • We just released all these new products a couple -- a quarter ago.

    我們剛剛發布了所有這些新產品——一個季度前。

  • Actually, a quarter ago.

    實際上,四分之一之前。

  • So we're seeing that pipeline being built up, and it's looking for them to come into being billings and business.

    所以我們看到這條管道正在建立,它正在尋找它們來形成賬單和業務。

  • So we don't -- I don't see any major movement one way or the other.

    所以我們沒有——我沒有看到任何主要的運動。

  • But people are interested in EDR.

    但人們對 EDR 很感興趣。

  • I believe that they should be interested more in Protect.

    我相信他們應該對保護更感興趣。

  • That's our job to make sure that, that message comes across.

    這是我們的工作,以確保傳達該信息。

  • And the benefit of that could be demonstrated.

    並且可以證明這樣做的好處。

  • And I definitely could demonstrate.

    我絕對可以證明。

  • One thing you can look at the Blackberry-Cylance product combo, none of these major viruses, yes.

    您可以查看 Blackberry-Cylance 產品組合的一件事,這些主要病毒都沒有,是的。

  • None of these major viruses have actually hit our user base, touch wood.

    這些主要病毒都沒有真正襲擊我們的用戶群,碰木頭。

  • And so -- anyway, that tells you the power of our product.

    所以——無論如何,這告訴你我們產品的力量。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Next question is from the line of Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research.

    下一個問題來自 Global Equities Research 的 Trip Chowdhry。

  • Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

    Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

  • Very good execution on the product front.

    在產品方面的執行非常好。

  • Two questions.

    兩個問題。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you.

    謝謝你。

  • Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

    Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

  • First, regarding the battery management system.

    首先,關於電池管理系統。

  • I was wondering, this is definitely an incremental market for you.

    我想知道,這對你來說絕對是一個增量市場。

  • There are 3 parts of the business model, they way I look at.

    商業模式有 3 個部分,我是這麼看的。

  • There could be a design win, there could be a production part of it in the software, and there could also be a subscription part to the software that is running and managing the batteries.

    可能會有設計勝利,軟件中可能有生產部分,也可能有運行和管理電池的軟件的訂閱部分。

  • So among these 3 things, is it all the 3 components?

    那麼在這 3 件事中,是不是全部 3 個組件?

  • Or is it only the software and subscription regarding the battery management software that QNX is running?

    或者僅僅是關於 QNX 正在運行的電池管理軟件的軟件和訂閱?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • So thank you, Trip.

    所以謝謝你,特里普。

  • So first off, it's a little early for me to answer the question.

    所以首先,我現在回答這個問題有點早。

  • I have a preference.

    我有一個偏好。

  • The preference is a usage-based revenue or a monthly subscription-type revenue.

    偏好是基於使用的收入或每月訂閱類型的收入。

  • That will be my preference.

    這將是我的偏好。

  • Of course, that will have to be in agreement with the OEM.

    當然,這必須與 OEM 達成一致。

  • So demonstrating that in IVY use cases -- so it's one of the most important things that we need to do in the next 3 to 6 months.

    因此,在 IVY 用例中證明這一點——這是我們在未來 3 到 6 個月內需要做的最重要的事情之一。

  • There is a demo being put together, and it will not be available until probably the end of this calendar year, as we -- as full engineering team just started working on it.

    正在組裝一個演示,它可能要到今年年底才能使用,因為我們——作為一個完整的工程團隊剛剛開始研究它。

  • So -- and in the meantime, we'll try to figure out the question -- the answer to the question that you posed.

    所以——與此同時,我們將試圖找出問題——你提出的問題的答案。

  • Again, I have a strong preference for this to be either usage-based or monthly recurring based.

    同樣,我強烈希望這是基於使用或基於每月重複。

  • Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

    Tripatinder S. Chowdhry - MD of Equity Research & Senior Analyst

  • Wonderful.

    精彩的。

  • The second question I have regarding your exceptional machine learning models you have, and definitely, currently, your Cylance, machine learning AI models work with only your products.

    我的第二個問題是關於您擁有的出色機器學習模型,並且肯定,目前,您的 Cylance 機器學習 AI 模型僅適用於您的產品。

  • Are you exploring?

    你在探索嗎?

  • Or do you think it makes a business sense to open up your machine learning models to, say, other OEMs or to other ISVs, and then charge for connection or charge per second APIs?

    或者您認為向其他 OEM 或其他 ISV 開放您的機器學習模型,然後對連接收費或按每秒收費的 API 收費是否具有商業意義?

  • Because your product, which is gateway security.

    因為你的產品,就是網關安全。

  • I think that is very normal.

    我認為這是非常正常的。

  • And again, that's another incremental revenue opportunity you can get over a period of time.

    同樣,這是您在一段時間內可以獲得的另一個增量收入機會。

  • So I was just thinking, since you have the best training models available, just licensing them or any other business model that can give more revenues to you.

    所以我只是在想,既然你有最好的培訓模型,只需許可它們或任何其他可以為你帶來更多收入的商業模式。

  • Your thoughts on that would be really appreciated.

    您對此的想法將不勝感激。

  • And again, very good execution on the product front.

    再一次,在產品方面的執行非常好。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you.

    謝謝你。

  • We haven't thought about licensing those models to other application, maybe I would say that.

    我們還沒有考慮將這些模型授權給其他應用程序,也許我會這麼說。

  • However, we are licensing that -- or licensing is the wrong word, sorry.

    但是,我們正在許可 - 或者許可是錯誤的詞,抱歉。

  • We are embedding the lightweight agent in IoT devices, including like medical equipment and industrial equipment.

    我們正在將輕量級代理嵌入物聯網設備中,包括醫療設備和工業設備。

  • So -- and some of those other technology we have, like the mobile threat detection and prevention, also uses the model.

    所以——我們擁有的其他一些技術,比如移動威脅檢測和預防,也使用了這個模型。

  • So it's being used in a different way.

    所以它以不同的方式被使用。

  • From a business perspective, we didn't think about doing licensing and where I could explore that, but we are more focused on doing embedding in endpoints.

    從業務的角度來看,我們沒有考慮做許可以及我可以探索的地方,但我們更專注於嵌入端點。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Next question is from the line of Paul Steep from Scotia Capital.

    下一個問題來自 Scotia Capital 的 Paul Steep。

  • Paul Steep - Analyst

    Paul Steep - Analyst

  • Can you maybe -- either -- this one may be for both you and Steve, and I'll just make it one question.

    你能不能——或者——這個可能是給你和史蒂夫的,我只問一個問題。

  • You can parse this up as you like here.

    您可以在這裡隨意解析。

  • Can you give us some context around the cost base?

    你能給我們一些關於成本基礎的背景信息嗎?

  • Obviously, you disclosed last quarter that you had 3,497 employees globally.

    顯然,您在上個季度披露了您在全球擁有 3,497 名員工。

  • And then earlier in this call, you talked about increasing the number of reps by 23% at the end of Q2.

    然後在本次電話會議的早些時候,您談到在第二季度末將代表數量增加 23%。

  • So I'm just trying to square up how we'd want to think about your cost base maybe going forward.

    因此,我只是想弄清楚我們可能會如何考慮您的成本基礎。

  • Whether you've just incrementally shifted resources or is this like net new adds that we should all be thinking that are temporarily going to get added and then come to productivity, as you pointed out earlier?

    正如您之前指出的那樣,您是否只是增量轉移資源,或者這是否像我們都應該考慮的淨新增內容,這些內容將暫時被添加,然後達到生產力?

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • We have not done any major or even minor reduction in force.

    我們沒有進行任何大幅度甚至輕微的武力削減。

  • We have moved some resources around, more for functional investment reasons, not for reduction of people.

    我們轉移了一些資源,更多是出於功能投資的原因,而不是為了減少人員。

  • So it's probably best for you to think about it as incremental.

    因此,您最好將其視為增量。

  • Paul Steep - Analyst

    Paul Steep - Analyst

  • That's helpful.

    這很有幫助。

  • Maybe just the last one as well.

    也許只是最後一個。

  • In terms of new cybersecurity products, obviously, you're talking about giving the team time to ramp up.

    顯然,就新的網絡安全產品而言,您是在談論給團隊時間來提升。

  • But maybe talk to us a little bit about what you're seeing from inbound client interest because you've launched a significant number of products, been on a bit of a role here in terms of new product launches.

    但也許可以和我們談談你從入境客戶的興趣中看到的東西,因為你已經推出了大量產品,在新產品推出方面發揮了一些作用。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • You're assuming you're talking about the cyber side.

    你假設你在談論網絡方面。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Sorry, cyber.

    對不起,網絡。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • Right.

    正確的。

  • Probably most of the conversation center around the Protect product.

    可能大部分對話都圍繞著 Protect 產品。

  • I would say, if I think about the larger opportunities and sites that we have won, the key winning product, it is the Protect.

    我想說,如果我考慮一下我們贏得的更大的機會和網站,關鍵的獲勝產品,它就是 Protect。

  • So this is why you heard me say a number of times on this call today, we're going to try to double down on the Protect side because it's a differentiator for us.

    所以這就是為什麼你在今天的電話會議上多次聽到我說,我們將嘗試在保護方面加倍努力,因為這對我們來說是一個差異化因素。

  • And in addition to that, the AI/ML model that we have could be embedded and it could embedded without having to be updated, it's been valid for a very long time.

    除此之外,我們擁有的 AI/ML 模型可以嵌入並且無需更新就可以嵌入,它已經有效了很長時間。

  • So that's probably the largest opportunities when you think about large installation.

    因此,當您考慮大型安裝時,這可能是最大的機會。

  • And now, what we're trying to do is to position the XDR product.

    而現在,我們要做的是定位 XDR 產品。

  • We talked about the new one called Gateway, and that provides zero trust architecture, so enterprise, especially like government, are extremely interested in those 2 areas.

    我們談到了新的網關,它提供零信任架構,因此企業,尤其是像政府這樣的企業,對這兩個領域非常感興趣。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Thank you, participants.

    謝謝各位參與者。

  • I'll now turn the call back over to John Chen, Executive Chair and CEO of Blackberry, for closing remarks.

    我現在將電話轉回給黑莓執行主席兼首席執行官 John Chen 來做閉幕詞。

  • John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

    John S. Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO

  • Thank you, Jesse.

    謝謝你,傑西。

  • Thanks, everybody, for joining us.

    謝謝大家加入我們。

  • I know it's late in the East Coast, so I want to just -- hopefully, you are doing well.

    我知道在東海岸已經很晚了,所以我只想——希望你做得很好。

  • And thank some of you who have attended our annual shareholder meeting yesterday, and I'm looking forward to speaking with you folks soon.

    感謝昨天參加我們年度股東大會的你們中的一些人,我期待很快與你們交談。

  • Have a great evening.

    有一個美好的夜晚。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Thank you, speakers.

    謝謝各位發言者。

  • That concludes today's conference call.

    今天的電話會議到此結束。

  • Thank you all for joining.

    謝謝大家的加入。

  • You may now disconnect.

    您現在可以斷開連接。