Zscaler Inc (ZS) 2021 Q2 法說會逐字稿

完整原文

使用警語:中文譯文來源為 Google 翻譯,僅供參考,實際內容請以英文原文為主

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Good day, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for standing by.

    女士們,先生們,美好的一天,感謝你們的支持。

  • Welcome to the Zscaler's Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Call.

    歡迎來到 Zscaler 的 2021 年第二季度財報電話會議。

  • (Operator Instructions) As a reminder, this conference call is being recorded.

    (操作員說明)作為提醒,此電話會議正在錄音中。

  • (Operator Instructions) At this time, I would like to turn the call over to Mr. Bill Choi, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations and Strategic Finance.

    (操作員說明)此時,我想將電話轉給投資者關係和戰略財務高級副總裁 Bill Choi 先生。

  • Bill Choi;Senior Vice President, Investor Relations

    Bill Choi;Senior Vice President, Investor Relations

  • Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to the Zscaler Fiscal Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call.

    大家下午好,歡迎參加 Zscaler 2021 財年第二季度收益電話會議。

  • On the call with me today are Jay Chaudhry, Chairman and CEO; and Remo Canessa, CFO.

    今天與我通話的是董事長兼首席執行官 Jay Chaudhry;和首席財務官雷莫·卡內薩。

  • Please note that we have posted our earnings release and a supplemental financial schedule to our Investor Relations website.

    請注意,我們已在我們的投資者關係網站上發布了我們的收益發布和補充財務時間表。

  • Unless otherwise noted, all numbers we talk about today will be on an adjusted non-GAAP basis.

    除非另有說明,否則我們今天討論的所有數字都將基於調整後的非公認會計原則。

  • You will find the reconciliation of GAAP to the non-GAAP financial measures in our earnings release.

    您將在我們的收益發布中找到 GAAP 與非 GAAP 財務指標的對賬。

  • I'd like to remind you that today's discussion will contain forward-looking statements including, but not limited to, the company's anticipated future revenue, calculated billings, operating performance, gross margin, operating expenses, operating income, net income, free cash flow, dollar-based net retention rate, future hiring decisions, remaining performance obligations, income taxes, and earnings per share.

    我想提醒您,今天的討論將包含前瞻性陳述,包括但不限於公司預期的未來收入、計算出的賬單、經營業績、毛利率、經營費用、經營收入、淨收入、自由現金流、基於美元的淨保留率、未來的招聘決定、剩餘的履約義務、所得稅和每股收益。

  • These statements and other comments are not guarantees of future performance, but rather are subject to risks and uncertainty, some of which are beyond our control, including, but not limited to, the duration and impact of COVID-19 on our business, the global economy and the respective businesses of our customers, vendors and partners, market adoption of our offerings and our expectations regarding the development of the markets in which we compete.

    這些陳述和其他評論不是對未來業績的保證,而是受到風險和不確定性的影響,其中一些是我們無法控制的,包括但不限於 COVID-19 對我們業務的持續時間和影響,全球我們的客戶、供應商和合作夥伴的經濟和各自的業務、我們產品的市場採用情況以及我們對競爭市場發展的期望。

  • These forward-looking statements apply as of today, and you should not rely on them as representing our views in the future.

    這些前瞻性陳述自今天起適用,您不應依賴它們來代表我們未來的觀點。

  • We undertake no obligation to update these statements after this call.

    我們不承擔在本次電話會議後更新這些聲明的義務。

  • For a more complete discussion of the risks and uncertainties, please see our filings with the SEC as well as in today's earnings release.

    有關風險和不確定性的更完整討論,請參閱我們向美國證券交易委員會提交的文件以及今天的收益報告。

  • We will upload a copy of today's prepared remarks to our Investor Relations website when we move to the Q&A segment of the call.

    當我們轉到電話會議的問答部分時,我們會將今天準備好的評論的副本上傳到我們的投資者關係網站。

  • I would also like to inform you that management will be presenting at the following upcoming virtual events: JMP Securities Technology Conference on March 1; Morgan Stanley TMT Conference on March 2; Truist Securities Tech Conference on March 9. These presentations will be webcast, and the links will be available on our Investor Relations website.

    我還想通知您,管理層將出席以下即將舉行的虛擬活動:3 月 1 日的 JMP 證券技術會議; 3月2日摩根士丹利TMT會議; Truist Securities Tech Conference 於 3 月 9 日舉行。這些演示文稿將進行網絡直播,鏈接將在我們的投資者關係網站上提供。

  • Now I'll turn the call over to Jay.

    現在我將把電話轉給傑伊。

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Thank you, Bill.

    謝謝你,比爾。

  • We are very pleased with our strong performance in Q2, which showed accelerating growth at scale and rapid innovation of our Zero Trust platform.

    我們對我們在第二季度的強勁表現感到非常滿意,這表明我們的零信任平台規模加速增長和快速創新。

  • We drove 55% growth in revenue and 71% growth in billings, while also generating growth in operating profits and free cash flow.

    我們推動了 55% 的收入增長和 71% 的賬單增長,同時還實現了營業利潤和自由現金流的增長。

  • Our optimized go-to-market engine is driving significant velocity, including a strong pace of new customer additions.

    我們優化的上市引擎正在推動顯著的速度,包括新客戶添加的強勁步伐。

  • During the quarter, we achieved a milestone of over 5,000 customers, including over 500 of the Global 2000.

    在本季度,我們實現了超過 5,000 家客戶的里程碑,其中包括全球 2000 強中的 500 多家。

  • Our strategic decision last year to increase our investments across all areas, particularly the expansion of our go-to-market and R&D teams is yielding strong results.

    去年,我們增加在所有領域的投資的戰略決策,特別是擴大我們的上市和研發團隊,正在產生強勁的成果。

  • We drove increased wins in our enterprise segment, as we begin to pursue smaller enterprises with 2,000 to 6,000 employees.

    隨著我們開始追求擁有 2,000 至 6,000 名員工的小型企業,我們在企業領域取得了更多的勝利。

  • We are helping our customers to securely accelerate the digital transformation journey which remains the top priority.

    我們正在幫助我們的客戶安全地加速數字化轉型之旅,這仍然是重中之重。

  • With our Zero Trust Exchange, Zscaler provides secure any-to-any connectivity for users, applications, workloads, and IoT and OT systems regardless of your location.

    通過我們的零信任交換,Zscaler 為用戶、應用程序、工作負載以及 IoT 和 OT 系統提供安全的任意連接,無論您身在何處。

  • The recent SolarWinds security incident has further elevated the need for a true Zero Trust platform like Zscaler.

    最近的 SolarWinds 安全事件進一步提高了對像 Zscaler 這樣真正的零信任平台的需求。

  • During such sophisticated attacks, our proxy-based architecture would prevent loss of sensitive data and our application level segmentation eliminates lateral threat movement.

    在此類複雜的攻擊中,我們基於代理的架構將防止敏感數據丟失,並且我們的應用程序級分段消除了橫向威脅移動。

  • We provide users access to applications, not the network, which is fundamentally different from firewalls and legacy network security architecture.

    我們為用戶提供對應用程序的訪問,而不是對網絡的訪問,這與防火牆和傳統網絡安全架構有著根本的不同。

  • The CIO level awareness, engagement and inbound requests for our purpose-built Zero Trust platform have significantly increased and we are viewed as a foundational application, network and security transformation.

    我們專門構建的零信任平台的 CIO 級別意識、參與度和入站請求顯著增加,我們被視為基礎應用程序、網絡和安全轉型。

  • I'm proud of our speed of innovation, which is accelerating, and further expanding our substantial technology lead.

    我為我們的創新速度感到自豪,這種速度正在加速並進一步擴大我們在技術上的領先優勢。

  • There are 4 pillars of our Zero Trust Exchange.

    我們的零信任交換有 4 個支柱。

  • ZIA, ZPA and ZDX for user protection and experience, and ZCP for workload protection.

    ZIA、ZPA 和 ZDX 用於用戶保護和體驗,ZCP 用於工作負載保護。

  • Last quarter, we launched our fourth pillar called Zscaler Cloud Protection or ZCP, which extends on Zero Trust exchange from users to workloads, and has an expanding portfolio of products, including CSPM to ensure proper configuration and compliance, Workload Communication to secure app-to-app and cloud-to-cloud secure communications, and Workload Segmentation to achieve app segmentation without legacy network segmentation.

    上個季度,我們推出了名為 Zscaler Cloud Protection 或 ZCP 的第四個支柱,該支柱將零信任交換從用戶擴展到工作負載,並擁有不斷擴大的產品組合,包括用於確保正確配置和合規性的 CSPM、用於保護應用程序的工作負載通信- 應用程序和雲到雲的安全通信,以及工作負載分段,以實現應用程序分段,而無需傳統的網絡分段。

  • In our latest major cloud upgrade, we added over 100 new product enhancements.

    在我們最新的主要雲升級中,我們添加了 100 多項新產品增強功能。

  • Over the past 12 months, we have significantly increased the number of solutions delivered through our platform, including Zscaler Browser Isolation, out-of-band CASB, Zscaler B2B, and Zscaler Digital Experience, or ZDX.

    在過去的 12 個月中,我們顯著增加了通過我們的平台交付的解決方案的數量,包括 Zscaler 瀏覽器隔離、帶外 CASB、Zscaler B2B 和 Zscaler 數字體驗或 ZDX。

  • All this innovation is making our cloud platform wider and deeper.

    所有這些創新正在使我們的雲平台更廣泛、更深入。

  • For enterprises who want network and security modernization, we believe we are the only Zero Trust multi-tenant platform that meets the needs.

    對於希望實現網絡和安全現代化的企業,我們相信我們是唯一能夠滿足需求的零信任多租戶平台。

  • Many vendors have tried and failed to build a high-performance, highly reliable proxy required for proper cybersecurity protection and data loss prevention.

    許多供應商已嘗試構建適當的網絡安全保護和數據丟失預防所需的高性能、高度可靠的代理,但均以失敗告終。

  • As a true SASE framework, we are deployed across 150 data centers, enforcing policy at the edge instead of a limited number of public cloud locations.

    作為一個真正的 SASE 框架,我們部署在 150 個數據中心,在邊緣而不是有限數量的公共雲位置執行策略。

  • Every day, we are processing more than 150 billion transactions, while preventing up to 7 billion security incidents and policy violations.

    每天,我們處理超過 1500 億筆交易,同時防止多達 70 億起安全事件和違反政策的事件。

  • We are operating at a massive scale and doing so with environmental sustainability in mind.

    我們正在大規模運營,並考慮到環境可持續性。

  • Our platform uses over 75% renewable energy today, with a goal to use over 90%.

    今天,我們的平台使用超過 75% 的可再生能源,目標是使用超過 90%。

  • I would like to thank our engineering team for an exceptional job in expanding our platform and keeping Zscaler at the forefront of innovation.

    我要感謝我們的工程團隊在擴展我們的平台和讓 Zscaler 處於創新前沿方面所做的出色工作。

  • Now on to the customer wins.

    現在讓客戶獲勝。

  • There is an accelerated market shift towards work from anywhere, which is the world Zscaler was built for.

    市場正在加速轉向從任何地方工作,這是 Zscaler 為之而生的世界。

  • In an upsell win, a Fortune 500 chemical company that was using ZIA for a subset of its workforce accelerated the Zero Trust initiative by purchasing ZIA Transformation, ZPA and ZDX for all 45,000 employees.

    在一次追加銷售中,一家財富 500 強化工公司通過為所有 45,000 名員工購買 ZIA Transformation、ZPA 和 ZDX,將 ZIA 用於其部分員工,從而加速了零信任計劃。

  • In addition, they bought 2 of our recently announced ZCP solutions.

    此外,他們還購買了我們最近發布的 2 個 ZCP 解決方案。

  • They purchased Workload Communications to secure server traffic out to the Internet from 200 plants, and Workload Segmentation for 7,000 servers to secure east/west traffic in the public cloud and data center.

    他們購買了 Workload Communications 以保護從 200 家工廠到 Internet 的服務器流量,並為 7,000 台服務器購買 Workload Segmentation 以保護公共雲和數據中心中的東/西流量。

  • I'm excited to see wins like this where the customer is buying all 4 pillars of the Zscaler platform.

    我很高興看到客戶購買了 Zscaler 平台的所有 4 個支柱這樣的勝利。

  • In a new logo win, a new Global 2000 customer in the high-tech industry purchased all 3 pillars of our user protection service.

    在新的徽標中,高科技行業的新全球 2000 強客戶購買了我們用戶保護服務的所有 3 個支柱。

  • They purchased ZIA Transformation, ZPA and ZDX for all 10,000 employees to move away from network security to Zero Trust architecture.

    他們為所有 10,000 名員工購買了 ZIA Transformation、ZPA 和 ZDX,以從網絡安全轉向零信任架構。

  • This customer had standardized on next-gen firewalls and VPNs, which left gaps in security, leading to a ransomware attack.

    該客戶對下一代防火牆和 VPN 進行了標準化,這在安全性方面留下了漏洞,導致勒索軟件攻擊。

  • In spite of an ELA license from the firewall vendor, they couldn't do SSL inspection at scale.

    儘管防火牆供應商獲得了 ELA 許可,但他們無法大規模進行 SSL 檢查。

  • Since Zscaler is a purpose-built proxy architecture, the customer can now inspect encrypted traffic without impacting user experience, leading to better security, and reduced business risk.

    由於 Zscaler 是一種專門構建的代理架構,客戶現在可以在不影響用戶體驗的情況下檢查加密流量,從而提高安全性並降低業務風險。

  • In another new logo win, a customer in the transportation services industry purchased 3 of our 4 pillars ZIA, ZPA and ZDX for their 7,500 employees.

    在另一個新的標誌勝利中,運輸服務行業的一位客戶為其 7,500 名員工購買了我們 4 大支柱 ZIA、ZPA 和 ZDX 中的 3 個。

  • With a cloud and mobile-first strategy, they purchased on best-in-class DLP and CASB to protect sensitive information from leaking, no matter where the user is.

    憑藉雲和移動優先戰略,他們購買了一流的 DLP 和 CASB,以保護敏感信息不被洩露,無論用戶身在何處。

  • ZDX was purchased to pinpoint and resolve performance issues in real-time by monitoring the digital experience score of every user and application regardless of their location.

    購買 ZDX 是為了通過監控每個用戶和應用程序的數字體驗分數來實時查明和解決性能問題,無論其位置如何。

  • We have seen a strong customer interest for our new pillars, ZDX and ZCP.

    我們看到客戶對我們的新支柱 ZDX 和 ZCP 產生了濃厚的興趣。

  • Over 200 customers to date have purchased ZDX.

    迄今為止,已有 200 多名客戶購買了 ZDX。

  • ZCP is also off to a great start, with a few dozen deals closed in Q2 and great excitement for our ZCP workload communication.

    ZCP 也有了一個良好的開端,在第二季度完成了幾十筆交易,我們對 ZCP 工作負載通信感到非常興奮。

  • Moving on to ZPA.

    轉到 ZPA。

  • Our customers view ZPA as the foundation for their architectural shift to Zero Trust access for private applications.

    我們的客戶將 ZPA 視為其架構轉變為私有應用程序零信任訪問的基礎。

  • ZPA is a clear market leader with proven maturity and scalability, supporting millions of daily active users and nearly 40% of our Global 2000 customers.

    ZPA 是公認的市場領導者,具有成熟的成熟度和可擴展性,為數百萬日活躍用戶和近 40% 的全球 2000 強客戶提供支持。

  • Today, ZPA is delivering over 10 million unique application segments without operational overhead of traditional network segmentation.

    如今,ZPA 正在交付超過 1000 萬個獨特的應用程序段,而沒有傳統網絡分段的運營開銷。

  • Let me highlight several ZPA deals in the quarter.

    讓我重點介紹本季度的幾筆 ZPA 交易。

  • A Global 500 consumer products company with headquarters in EMEA that has been a ZIA customer, purchased ZPA for all 100,000 employees and 10,000 third-party B2B partners.

    一家總部位於 EMEA 的全球 500 強消費品公司一直是 ZIA 的客戶,為所有 100,000 名員工和 10,000 個第三方 B2B 合作夥伴購買了 ZPA。

  • This customer wanted to eliminate the security risk of VPN, which provides unfettered access to network resources.

    該客戶希望消除 VPN 的安全風險,它提供對網絡資源的無限制訪問。

  • ZPA represents the next step in Zero Trust adoption for the IT transformation journey.

    ZPA 代表了 IT 轉型之旅中零信任採用的下一步。

  • In an upsell deal, a Global 2000 bank with headquarters in EMEA, started with ZIA and ZPA for 10,000 employees in July to expand their work-from-home capacity as a result of the pandemic.

    在一項追加銷售交易中,一家總部位於歐洲、中東和非洲的全球 2000 強銀行於 7 月開始與 ZIA 和 ZPA 合作,為 10,000 名員工提供服務,以擴大他們在家工作的能力。

  • Within 6 months of the initial purchase, the customer bought ZIA and ZPA for the remaining 30,000 employees and CASB for all 40,000 employees.

    在最初購買後的 6 個月內,客戶為剩餘的 30,000 名員工購買了 ZIA 和 ZPA,為所有 40,000 名員工購買了 CASB。

  • In addition, the purchased ZPA to enable 3,000 third-party B2B partners.

    此外,購買 ZPA 以啟用 3,000 個第三方 B2B 合作夥伴。

  • Let me highlight a ZIA and ZPA new logo win in the federal space.

    讓我強調一下 ZIA 和 ZPA 在聯邦空間贏得的新標誌。

  • A recent organization mandated with advising federal agencies on cybersecurity, purchased our ZIA transformation bundle and ZPA for all 10,000 employees after evaluating various Zero Trust architectures.

    最近一家受命為聯邦機構提供網絡安全建議的組織在評估了各種零信任架構後,為所有 10,000 名員工購買了我們的 ZIA 轉換包和 ZPA。

  • This customer concluded that if a user connects to the network with a VPN, that is not Zero Trust.

    該客戶得出的結論是,如果用戶使用 VPN 連接到網絡,則不是零信任。

  • Based on this criteria, the legacy firewall and VPN providers were disqualified.

    基於此標準,傳統防火牆和 VPN 提供商被取消資格。

  • An important consideration for our selection was ZPA's position as the first and only cloud security service with FedRAMP certification for Zero Trust Remote Access.

    我們選擇的一個重要考慮因素是 ZPA 作為第一個也是唯一一個獲得零信任遠程訪問 FedRAMP 認證的雲安全服務。

  • With the highest levels of FedRAMP certifications for both ZIA and ZPA, we are very well-positioned to serve the Federal government.

    憑藉 ZIA 和 ZPA 最高級別的 FedRAMP 認證,我們處於為聯邦政府服務的有利位置。

  • Lastly, I would like to share another new customer win that highlights our continued ZIA success with large enterprises that are embracing direct-to-cloud architecture and migrating away from the complex legacy on-premise appliances.

    最後,我想分享另一個新的客戶勝利,這突出了我們在採用直接到雲架構並從復雜的傳統內部部署設備遷移出來的大型企業中持續取得的 ZIA 成功。

  • A Fortune 100 professional services customer purchased our ZIA transformation bundle plus CASB, advanced DLP and CSPM for Office 365 to protect 125,000 employees across 150 countries as they embraced work from anywhere.

    一位財富 100 強專業服務客戶購買了我們的 ZIA 轉換包以及適用於 Office 365 的 CASB、高級 DLP 和 CSPM,以保護 150 個國家/地區的 125,000 名員工,因為他們在任何地方都可以工作。

  • Zscaler eliminated the need for 30 different gateways and consolidated 6 different legacy point products, while meeting the customers' environmental goals for their ESG program.

    Zscaler 消除了對 30 種不同網關的需求並整合了 6 種不同的傳統單點產品,同時滿足客戶的 ESG 計劃的環境目標。

  • With sensitive customer data at risk, security was a major requirement, and the customer only considered solutions with a proxy architecture.

    由於敏感的客戶數據面臨風險,安全性是一項主要要求,客戶只考慮使用代理架構的解決方案。

  • Let me conclude with some thoughts on our vision and strategy.

    最後,讓我對我們的願景和戰略提出一些想法。

  • At our Analyst Day in January, we laid out our audacious goal of serving 200 million users and 100 million workloads on our Zero Trust Exchange.

    在 1 月份的分析師日,我們提出了在零信任交換上為 2 億用戶和 1 億工作負載提供服務的大膽目標。

  • To achieve that, our entire organization is focused on attracting and developing talent, and creating a culture of excellence.

    為實現這一目標,我們整個組織都專注於吸引和培養人才,並營造卓越文化。

  • Our commitment to culture starts at the top with our executive team and creates an environment where a global and diverse workforce that can deliver excellence to help our customers succeed.

    我們對文化的承諾始於我們的執行團隊的最高層,並創造了一個全球多元化的員工隊伍,可以提供卓越的服務來幫助我們的客戶取得成功。

  • We are scaling our world-class engineering organization, which continues to rapidly deliver new products and features to our customers.

    我們正在擴展我們世界級的工程組織,該組織繼續快速向我們的客戶提供新產品和新功能。

  • On the go-to-market front, as we had demonstrated over the last 12 months, we have built a sophisticated sales machine to sell value and deliver measurable outcomes at the CXO level.

    在上市方面,正如我們在過去 12 個月中所展示的那樣,我們已經建立了一個複雜的銷售機器來銷售價值並在 CXO 級別提供可衡量的結果。

  • We will continue to scale our sales organization as we are a destination for top talent.

    我們將繼續擴大我們的銷售組織,因為我們是頂尖人才的目的地。

  • Our marketing organization is augmenting talent in all critical areas, while specializing campaigns by persona and segment to better address our significant opportunity.

    我們的營銷組織正在增加所有關鍵領域的人才,同時按角色和細分專門開展活動,以更好地抓住我們的重要機會。

  • We are focused on driving broader adoption of our 4 pillars.

    我們專注於推動更廣泛地採用我們的 4 個支柱。

  • We will continue to expand our ecosystem of technology partners and value-based channel partners, who are contributing to sales velocity and expanding our reach.

    我們將繼續擴展我們的技術合作夥伴和基於價值的渠道合作夥伴的生態系統,他們正在為銷售速度和擴大我們的影響力做出貢獻。

  • I believe we are on the right track to capture a material share of the $72 billion serviceable market that we outlined on our Analyst Day.

    我相信我們正走在正確的軌道上,以在分析師日概述的 720 億美元可用市場中佔據重要份額。

  • We are also seeing opportunities in bringing Zero Trust to IoT and OT systems and are excited about 5G which pushes computing further to the edge and opens up additional opportunities for Zscaler.

    我們還看到了將零信任引入物聯網和 OT 系統的機會,並對 5G 感到興奮,它將計算進一步推向邊緣,並為 Zscaler 開闢了更多機會。

  • We are excited about our future.

    我們對我們的未來感到興奮。

  • Now I'd like to turn over the call to Remo for our financial results.

    現在,我想將電話轉給 Remo,以了解我們的財務業績。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Thank you, Jay.

    謝謝你,傑。

  • As Jay mentioned, we are pleased with the results for the second quarter of 2021.

    正如傑伊所說,我們對 2021 年第二季度的業績感到滿意。

  • Revenue for the quarter was $157 million, up 10% sequentially and 55% year-over-year.

    本季度收入為 1.57 億美元,環比增長 10%,同比增長 55%。

  • ZPA product revenue was 14% of total revenue.

    ZPA 產品收入佔總收入的 14%。

  • From a geographic perspective, we had broad strength across our 3 major regions.

    從地理角度來看,我們在 3 個主要地區擁有廣泛的實力。

  • Americas represented 51% of revenue, EMEA was 38%, and APJ was 11%.

    美洲佔收入的 51%,EMEA 為 38%,APJ 為 11%。

  • Turning to calculated billings, which we define as the change in deferred revenue for the quarter plus total revenue recognized in that quarter.

    轉向計算賬單,我們將其定義為該季度遞延收入的變化加上該季度確認的總收入。

  • Billings grew 71% year-over-year to $232 million, with billing duration around the midpoint of our 10 to 14-month range.

    賬單同比增長 71% 至 2.32 億美元,賬單持續時間在我們 10 至 14 個月範圍的中點附近。

  • As a reminder, our contract terms are typically 1 to 3 years, we primarily invoice our customers 1 year in advance.

    提醒一下,我們的合同條款通常為 1 至 3 年,我們主要提前 1 年向客戶開具發票。

  • Remaining performance obligations, or RPO, which represents our total committed noncancelable future revenue, exceeded $1 billion during the quarter and ended at $1.025 billion as of January 31.

    剩餘履約義務或 RPO 代表我們承諾的不可取消的未來總收入,在本季度超過 10 億美元,截至 1 月 31 日為 10.25 億美元。

  • RPO grew 68% from 1 year ago.

    RPO 比一年前增長了 68%。

  • The current RPO is 53% of the total RPO.

    當前的 RPO 是總 RPO 的 53%。

  • Our strong customer retention and ability to upsell have resulted in a consistently high dollar-based net retention rate, which is 127% compared to 122% last quarter and 160% a year ago.

    我們強大的客戶保留率和追加銷售能力導致以美元為基礎的淨保留率一直很高,與上一季度的 122% 和一年前的 160% 相比,這一比例為 127%。

  • As we have highlighted, this metric will vary quarter-to-quarter.

    正如我們所強調的,這個指標會隨著季度的變化而變化。

  • While good for our business, our increased success selling bigger Transformation Bundles, selling both ZIA and ZPA from the start and faster upsells within a year can produce our dollar-based net retention rate in the future.

    雖然對我們的業務有好處,但我們在銷售更大的轉換捆綁包、從一開始就銷售 ZIA 和 ZPA 以及在一年內更快的追加銷售方面取得了更大的成功,可以在未來產生基於美元的淨保留率。

  • Considering these factors, we feel 127% is outstanding.

    考慮到這些因素,我們覺得 127% 非常出色。

  • Total gross margin of 81% was flat quarter-over-quarter and declined 1 percentage point year-over-year, but exceeded our expectations.

    總毛利率為 81%,環比持平,同比下降 1 個百分點,但超出了我們的預期。

  • The year-over-year decline was primarily driven by a higher mix of newly introduced products.

    同比下降主要是由於新推出的產品組合增加。

  • I would like to remind investors that a number of our emerging products, which include ZDX, Workload Segmentation and CSPM will initially have lower gross margins than our core products.

    我想提醒投資者,我們的一些新興產品,包括 ZDX、Workload Segmentation 和 CSPM,最初的毛利率將低於我們的核心產品。

  • As a result, we expect gross margins to be approximately 80% for the full year in fiscal 2021.

    因此,我們預計 2021 財年全年的毛利率約為 80%。

  • Turning to operating expenses.

    轉向運營費用。

  • Our total operating expenses increased 18% sequentially and 60% year-over-year to $112.9 million.

    我們的總運營費用環比增長 18%,同比增長 60%,達到 1.129 億美元。

  • Operating expenses as a percentage of revenue increased by 2 percentage points from 70% a year ago to 72% in the quarter.

    營業費用佔收入的百分比從一年前的 70% 上升 2 個百分點至本季度的 72%。

  • Sales and marketing expense increased 19% sequentially and 57% year-over-year to $76.5 million.

    銷售和營銷費用環比增長 19%,同比增長 57%,達到 7650 萬美元。

  • The year-over-year increase was due to higher compensation expenses and investments in building our teams and go-to-market initiatives, offset by lower T&E with our employees working from home.

    同比增長是由於更高的薪酬費用和對建立我們的團隊和進入市場計劃的投資,但被我們員工在家工作的 T&E 降低所抵消。

  • We've been very successful in hiring and onboarding remotely.

    我們在遠程招聘和入職方面非常成功。

  • And we are accelerating our sales and marketing hiring throughout the second half of the fiscal year.

    我們正在整個財年下半年加速我們的銷售和營銷招聘。

  • R&D expenses increased 15% sequentially and 71% year-over-year to $24 million.

    研發費用環比增長 15%,同比增長 71%,達到 2400 萬美元。

  • The increase is primarily due to continued investments in our engineering teams.

    這一增長主要是由於對我們工程團隊的持續投資。

  • G&A expenses increased 14% sequentially and 57% year-over-year to $12.5 million.

    G&A 費用環比增長 14%,同比增長 57%,達到 1250 萬美元。

  • The growth in G&A includes investments in building our teams, compensation-related expenses and professional fees.

    G&A 的增長包括對建立團隊的投資、與薪酬相關的費用和專業費用。

  • Our second quarter operating margin was 9% compared to 12% in the same quarter last year.

    我們第二季度的營業利潤率為 9%,而去年同期為 12%。

  • Net income in the quarter was $14 million or non-GAAP earnings per share of $0.10.

    本季度的淨收入為 1400 萬美元,非公認會計準則每股收益為 0.10 美元。

  • We ended the quarter with over $1.4 billion in cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments.

    我們在本季度末擁有超過 14 億美元的現金、現金等價物和短期投資。

  • Free cash flow was positive $18 million in the quarter, which compares to negative $2 million during the same quarter last year.

    本季度自由現金流為正 1800 萬美元,而去年同期為負 200 萬美元。

  • The strength in free cash flow was driven by strong receivable collections.

    強勁的應收賬款推動了自由現金流的強勁增長。

  • Now moving on to guidance.

    現在繼續指導。

  • As a reminder, these numbers are all non-GAAP, which excludes stock-based compensation expenses, related payroll taxes, amortization of debt discount, amortization of intangible assets, facility exit costs, and any associated tax effects.

    提醒一下,這些數字都是非公認會計原則,不包括基於股票的薪酬費用、相關的工資稅、債務貼現的攤銷、無形資產的攤銷、設施退出成本以及任何相關的稅收影響。

  • For the third quarter of fiscal 2021, we expect revenue in the range of $162 million to $164 million reflecting a year-over-year growth of 47% to 48%.

    對於 2021 財年第三季度,我們預計收入在 1.62 億美元至 1.64 億美元之間,同比增長 47% 至 48%。

  • Operating profit of $11 million to $12 million, other income of $300,000, net of interest payments on our senior convertible notes.

    營業利潤為 1100 萬至 1200 萬美元,其他收入為 300,000 美元,扣除我們優先可轉換票據的利息。

  • Income taxes of $1.5 million and earnings per share of approximately $0.07, assuming approximately 146 million common shares outstanding.

    假設約有 1.46 億股流通在外的普通股,所得稅為 150 萬美元,每股收益約為 0.07 美元。

  • Due to better-than-expected first half performance and our strong pipeline, we're increasing our full year fiscal 2021 guidance for revenue, calculated billings and operating profit.

    由於上半年業績好於預期和我們強大的管道,我們正在提高我們對收入、計算賬單和營業利潤的 2021 財年全年指導。

  • For fiscal 2021, we now expect revenue in the range of $634 million to $638 million or year-over-year growth of 47% to 48%.

    對於 2021 財年,我們現在預計收入在 6.34 億美元至 6.38 億美元之間,或同比增長 47% 至 48%。

  • Calculated billings in the range of $820 million to $825 million or year-over-year growth of 49% to 50%.

    計算出的賬單在 8.2 億美元至 8.25 億美元之間,或同比增長 49% 至 50%。

  • Operating profit in the range of $59 million to $61 million; other income of $2.4 million, income taxes of $5.3 million, and earnings per share in the range of $0.39 to $0.40, assuming approximately 145 million to 146 million common shares outstanding.

    營業利潤在 5900 萬美元到 6100 萬美元之間;其他收入為 240 萬美元,所得稅為 530 萬美元,每股收益在 0.39 美元至 0.40 美元之間,假設發行在外的普通股約為 1.45 億至 1.46 億股。

  • For your modeling, we would like to remind investors that Q2 and Q4 have been historically our strongest billing quarters, with declines in Q1 and Q3 quarters, respectively.

    對於您的建模,我們想提醒投資者,第二季度和第四季度一直是我們歷史上最強勁的結算季度,第一季度和第三季度分別下降。

  • The average sequential decline in billings during fiscal third quarters over the last 5 years was approximately 20%.

    過去 5 年第三財季的賬單平均連續下降約 20%。

  • We continue to see the market coming to us and remain committed to investing aggressively in our company behind the growth in our business.

    我們繼續看到市場向我們走來,並繼續致力於在我們的業務增長背後積極投資於我們的公司。

  • We have a highly efficient business model and are making investments across the organization today in order to capitalize on the large opportunity ahead of us.

    我們擁有高效的商業模式,並且今天正在整個組織內進行投資,以利用我們面前的巨大機遇。

  • While we will balance growth and profitability, growth will continue to take priority considering our strong business momentum.

    雖然我們將平衡增長和盈利能力,但考慮到我們強勁的業務勢頭,增長將繼續優先考慮。

  • Operator, you may now open the call for questions.

    接線員,您現在可以打開問題電話了。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • (Operator Instructions) Our first question or comment comes from the line of Brad Zelnick from Crédit Suisse.

    (操作員說明)我們的第一個問題或評論來自瑞士信貸的 Brad Zelnick。

  • Brad Alan Zelnick - MD

    Brad Alan Zelnick - MD

  • Congratulations, guys, on all the success, really phenomenal results.

    恭喜,伙計們,所有的成功,非常驚人的結果。

  • Jay, I wanted to ask you a high-level question around the impact that the SUNBURST breach is having on the industry.

    Jay,我想問你一個關於 SUNBURST 漏洞對行業影響的高級問題。

  • At your Analyst Day in January, you'd mentioned that the impact is likely to be larger than the Target breach was in 2013.

    在 1 月份的分析師日,您曾提到影響可能比 2013 年的目標違規行為更大。

  • And if you can, maybe parse out for us how the event has impacted your pipeline across your strategic accounts, maybe all the way down to smaller commercial accounts.

    如果可以的話,也許可以為我們分析一下該事件如何影響您在戰略客戶中的管道,也許一直到較小的商業客戶。

  • And how, if at all, you've changed the way you approach initial conversations with new prospects?

    如果有的話,您是如何改變與新潛在客戶進行初始對話的方式的?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Thank you, Brad.

    謝謝你,布拉德。

  • As we discussed during our Analyst Day, we are having increased conversations with our customers as well as prospects.

    正如我們在分析師日期間所討論的那樣,我們與客戶和潛在客戶的對話越來越多。

  • We had SUNBURST-related webinar recently and had over 800 customers attend it.

    我們最近舉辦了與 SUNBURST 相關的網絡研討會,有 800 多名客戶參加。

  • This week, I was asked to talk to a Board of Directors of a pharma company, and the primary topic was protecting against sophisticated threats like SUNBURST.

    本週,我被要求與一家製藥公司的董事會交談,主要話題是防範 SUNBURST 等複雜威脅。

  • So all this is making cyber a bigger priority than it has been.

    因此,所有這一切都使網絡成為比以往更重要的優先事項。

  • It's a bigger priority for CIOs as well as the Board.

    對於首席信息官和董事會來說,這是一個更大的優先事項。

  • So what is that causing?

    那麼這是什麼原因造成的呢?

  • It is increasing engagement.

    它正在增加參與度。

  • I'm not sure I can quantify the impact on the pipeline, but we're seeing that the customers, who are already educated on Zero Trust quite a bit, are making implementation of Zero Trust a bigger priority.

    我不確定我能否量化對管道的影響,但我們看到已經接受過零信任教育的客戶正在將零信任的實施作為一個更大的優先事項。

  • The #1 question ends up being, if people get compromised, how do make sure that the lateral movement doesn't happen?

    第一個問題最終是,如果人們受到損害,如何確保不會發生橫向移動?

  • The answer is simple.

    答案很簡單。

  • Don't connect people to your network, don't build a moat with firewalls and VPNs.

    不要將人們連接到您的網絡,不要用防火牆和 VPN 建立護城河。

  • Do Zero Trust implementation where you connect users to applications, not to the network.

    執行零信任實施,將用戶連接到應用程序,而不是網絡。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question or comment comes from the line of Mike Walkley from Canaccord Genuity.

    我們的下一個問題或評論來自 Canaccord Genuity 的 Mike Walkley。

  • Daniel J.W. Park - Associate

    Daniel J.W. Park - Associate

  • This is Daniel on for Mike.

    這是邁克的丹尼爾。

  • So I know over the past quarter or so, you've been working on really improving your sales motion in the SMB and small enterprise area.

    所以我知道在過去一個季度左右,您一直在努力改善您在 SMB 和小型企業領域的銷售活動。

  • Can you just, I guess, provide some color on some of the investments you're making, and I guess, where do you expect to be moving forward?

    我猜你能不能為你正在進行的一些投資提供一些顏色,我猜你希望在哪裡前進?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • I will start, and Remo can add on.

    我將開始,雷莫可以添加。

  • Yes, we talked about our expansion towards the enterprise segment that we defined as between 2,000 and 6,000 employees in a company.

    是的,我們談到了我們向企業部門的擴張,我們將其定義為一家公司擁有 2,000 至 6,000 名員工。

  • As you know, we have done extremely well in the higher end and in large enterprises for the last several years.

    如您所知,過去幾年我們在高端和大型企業中做得非常好。

  • So in this segment, the progress we made is ahead of our expectations.

    所以在這一部分,我們取得的進展超出了我們的預期。

  • Our growth was faster in this segment.

    我們在這一領域的增長更快。

  • Well, it did come from a smaller base.

    嗯,它確實來自一個較小的基地。

  • Having said that, our large enterprise segment is driving the overall strength of our business.

    話雖如此,我們的大型企業部門正在推動我們業務的整體實力。

  • We are doing 3 specific things to grow our business in this enterprise segment: one, adding more sales reps, more sales teams, and we have done a lot of good progress in the past 2 quarters, and we'll do more in the coming quarters.

    我們正在做 3 件具體的事情來發展我們在這個企業領域的業務:第一,增加更多的銷售代表,更多的銷售團隊,我們在過去的 2 個季度取得了很多好的進展,我們將在未來做更多的事情宿舍。

  • Secondly, we are adding and expanding channel partners who cover the segment.

    其次,我們正在增加和擴大覆蓋該細分市場的渠道合作夥伴。

  • And third, we are directing our marketing programs to support this segment as well.

    第三,我們也在指導我們的營銷計劃來支持這一細分市場。

  • So in summary, it's a good opportunity to expand the segment, and we're doing well.

    總而言之,這是擴大細分市場的好機會,我們做得很好。

  • We're pleased with our performance.

    我們對我們的表現感到滿意。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Just as a quick follow-on.

    就像快速跟進一樣。

  • We put together a -- or initiated a Summit program a few quarters ago, and that is doing well.

    幾個季度前,我們組織了一個或啟動了一個峰會計劃,而且做得很好。

  • And so as a percentage of our revenue, VARs did pick up slightly in the quarter.

    因此,作為我們收入的百分比,VAR 在本季度確實略有回升。

  • VARs as a percentage of our revenues in the quarter was about just above 50%, where as the quarter before, it was in the high 40s.

    VAR 在本季度占我們收入的百分比大約略高於 50%,與上一季度一樣,它處於 40 多歲的高位。

  • So as Jay talked about, I mean, the segments that we sell into commercial is the less than 2,000 employees enterprise to the 6,000 in large enterprise, 6,000 to 40,000 and majors at the 40,000.

    所以正如傑所說,我的意思是,我們向商業銷售的細分市場是員工不到 2,000 人的企業到 6,000 人的大型企業、6,000 到 40,000 人以及 40,000 人的專業。

  • So the channel program, we're expecting to have positive results for us in the lower floor part of the market.

    因此,渠道計劃,我們期望在市場的低層部分為我們帶來積極的結果。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question or comment comes from the line of Alex Henderson from Needham.

    我們的下一個問題或評論來自 Needham 的 Alex Henderson。

  • Alexander Henderson - Senior Analyst

    Alexander Henderson - Senior Analyst

  • I [was sure] talk to a -- one of the architectural issues that I think is a fairly interesting differentiator, which is the argument that you guys have built a network based off of per user policy implementation versus architectures from some of your want-to-be competitors that are unable to differentiate the traffic flows on a per user basis or the policy implementations on a per user basis.

    我 [確信] 討論了一個架構問題,我認為這是一個相當有趣的差異化因素,這就是你們基於每個用戶策略實現與您想要的架構構建網絡的論點 -無法區分每個用戶的流量或每個用戶的策略實施的潛在競爭對手。

  • Can you talk about that delta between what you're doing and how that shows up in alternative competitors or networks?

    你能談談你正在做的事情與它在替代競爭對手或網絡中的表現之間的差異嗎?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • The fundamental difference is being a pass-through on network security architecture when traffic is flowing over the network.

    根本區別在於當流量流經網絡時,網絡安全架構的傳遞。

  • And a traditional device like a firewall is trying to scan what kind of application it is, guess it and trying to stop it or not.

    而像防火牆這樣的傳統設備正試圖掃描它是什麼類型的應用程序,猜測它並試圖阻止它。

  • With our proxy architecture where we [prominate] every connection inspect and decide to connect to a particular user.

    使用我們的代理架構,我們 [prominate] 每個連接檢查並決定連接到特定用戶。

  • So we have policies that are per user by design.

    因此,我們設計了針對每個用戶的策略。

  • There's no -- in fact, a user coming from company A or company B or company C each looks like an untrusted user.

    沒有——事實上,來自 A 公司、B 公司或 C 公司的用戶看起來都像是一個不受信任的用戶。

  • While in the traditional way, they are kind of batch-based policies.

    雖然以傳統方式,它們是一種基於批處理的策略。

  • The end result is our architecture gives us 2 big benefits: one, with proxy we can do far better inspection at a high scale, high performance, including SSL.

    最終結果是我們的架構為我們帶來了兩大好處:第一,使用代理,我們可以在包括 SSL 在內的大規模、高性能下進行更好的檢查。

  • Two, it allows us to do Zero Trust where you don't connect people to a network, you connect to a specific application.

    第二,它允許我們進行零信任,您無需將人們連接到網絡,而是連接到特定的應用程序。

  • And Zero Trust is probably the biggest thing to help you minimize the damage of lateral movement if something gets infected.

    如果某些東西被感染,零信任可能是幫助您最大限度地減少橫向運動損害的最重要的事情。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question or comment comes from the line of Andrew Nowinski from D.A. Davidson.

    我們的下一個問題或評論來自 D.A. 的 Andrew Nowinski。戴維森。

  • Andrew James Nowinski - MD & Senior Research Analyst

    Andrew James Nowinski - MD & Senior Research Analyst

  • Congrats on a great quarter.

    祝賀一個偉大的季度。

  • I just wanted to follow up on Brad's earlier question regarding SolarWinds.

    我只是想跟進 Brad 之前關於 SolarWinds 的問題。

  • It sounds like that's creating more pipeline, but not necessarily contributing to revenue yet.

    聽起來這正在創造更多的管道,但不一定會為收入做出貢獻。

  • But your billings growth is the strongest that we've seen in over 2 years.

    但是您的賬單增長是我們在 2 年多以來看到的最強勁的增長。

  • So I'm wondering if you could just comment on what the key drivers are that are contributing to that inflection in your billings growth now since SolarWinds.

    因此,我想知道您是否可以評論一下自 SolarWinds 以來導致您的賬單增長出現拐點的關鍵驅動因素是什麼。

  • It doesn't look like it's really had much of an impact yet?

    看起來它真的沒有太大的影響嗎?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Generally, in all these sessions, analysts like to pinpoint to a particular event that may cause something.

    一般來說,在所有這些會議中,分析師都喜歡查明可能導致某些事情的特定事件。

  • So COVID was viewed as maybe a catalyst.

    因此,COVID被視為可能是催化劑。

  • This is being viewed as a catalyst.

    這被視為催化劑。

  • As we have said before, the overall catalyst is that everyone is driving towards digital transformation, COVID may be helping it, SolarWinds may be helping it.

    正如我們之前所說,總體催化劑是每個人都在推動數字化轉型,COVID 可能正在幫助它,SolarWinds 可能正在幫助它。

  • But customers have realized, they believe that they need to accelerate their transformation, and we are the one, who enabled that transformation.

    但客戶已經意識到,他們認為他們需要加速轉型,而我們正是促成這種轉型的人。

  • If you do your transformation without something like Zscaler, your risk goes up significantly.

    如果您在沒有 Zscaler 之類的東西的情況下進行轉換,您的風險就會顯著增加。

  • So where is our growth coming from?

    那麼我們的增長從何而來?

  • ZIA, which has been our workhorse.

    ZIA,一直是我們的主力。

  • Yes, now we got over 25% of Global 2000 companies, but we have 75% more to go.

    是的,現在我們擁有超過 25% 的全球 2000 強公司,但我們還有 75% 的公司要做。

  • It is generating pretty good sales.

    它正在產生相當不錯的銷售。

  • ZPA, which was a relatively young product 2 or 3 years ago, now is actually contributing significantly, about 40% of our Global 2000 customers already have our ZPA.

    ZPA 在 2 或 3 年前還是一個相對年輕的產品,現在實際上貢獻很大,我們全球 2000 強客戶中約有 40% 已經擁有我們的 ZPA。

  • So these 2 are the biggest contributors of our billings growth.

    所以這兩個是我們的賬單增長的最大貢獻者。

  • And then the new pillars ZDX is picking up quite well and also is the new pillar of cloud protection.

    然後新支柱 ZDX 發展勢頭良好,也是雲保護的新支柱。

  • I think we're very pleased that our customers are buying more and more bigger bundles together.

    我認為我們很高興我們的客戶一起購買越來越大的捆綁包。

  • I talked about ZIA, ZPA and ZDX being brought together by our customers during our -- in my prepared remarks.

    在我準備好的講話中,我談到了我們的客戶將 ZIA、ZPA 和 ZDX 放在一起。

  • So across the board, we're seeing strength from product side of it, across geos, we are seeing strength.

    因此,全面而言,我們從產品方面看到了實力,在地理上,我們看到了實力。

  • Remo, you want to add to my comment?

    雷莫,你想添加到我的評論中嗎?

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • No.

    不。

  • I think Jay is absolutely right.

    我認為傑是絕對正確的。

  • If you take a look at the breadth of our platform.

    如果您看看我們平台的廣度。

  • Before we're user centric, now, basically, we're also cloud protection, so -- workload protection.

    在我們以用戶為中心之前,現在,基本上,我們也是雲保護,所以 - 工作負載保護。

  • So the breadth of the platform is resonating with our customers.

    因此,平台的廣度與我們的客戶產生了共鳴。

  • In addition, when we talked at the Analyst Day that for companies of 5,000 employees on the user side, we'd expect -- we're seeing ARPUs in that $145 range.

    此外,當我們在分析師日談到用戶方面擁有 5,000 名員工的公司時,我們預計 - 我們看到的 ARPU 在 145 美元的範圍內。

  • I can say that in the quarter, we've had deals with customers at the 5,000 employee range in that range at $145.

    我可以說,在本季度,我們與 5,000 名員工的客戶達成了 145 美元的交易。

  • So what's happening basically is that there's a huge need in the market.

    所以基本上發生的事情是市場上有巨大的需求。

  • Legacy architecture is not the answer.

    傳統架構不是答案。

  • And so with Zscaler, with the breadth of platform, the increasing platform that we've created and will continue to create, is really perfectly set to go forward into this market.

    因此,有了 Zscaler,隨著平台的廣泛性,我們已經創建並將繼續創建的不斷增長的平台,真的非常適合進入這個市場。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question comment comes from the line of Erik Suppiger from JMP Securities.

    我們的下一個問題評論來自 JMP Securities 的 Erik Suppiger。

  • Erik Loren Suppiger - MD & Equity Research Analyst

    Erik Loren Suppiger - MD & Equity Research Analyst

  • Jay, given what you were saying earlier about proxy versus firewall, can you comment on how if you -- how difficult it is to augment firewall architectures with proxy capabilities?

    Jay,鑑於您之前所說的代理與防火牆,您能否評論一下如果您使用代理功能增強防火牆架構有多困難?

  • Because I think one of your competitors is talking about introducing that kind of capability to their solution.

    因為我認為您的一個競爭對手正在談論將這種能力引入他們的解決方案。

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Well, what should I say?

    好吧,我該怎麼說?

  • Imitation is the best form of flattery.

    模仿是最好的奉承形式。

  • Having said that, I would say that there's something called native architecture or purpose-built architecture, there is something called bolt-on.

    話雖如此,我會說有一種叫做原生架構或專用架構的東西,有一種叫做螺栓固定的東西。

  • Building proxy is hard, because you terminate, you inspect and you reconnect.

    構建代理很困難,因為您終止、檢查並重新連接。

  • Compare that to a pass-through firewall, you don't stop anything, you let it go.

    將其與直通防火牆進行比較,您不會停止任何事情,而是放手。

  • If you catch something, it's great.

    如果你抓住了一些東西,那就太好了。

  • If you don't, you don't.

    如果你不這樣做,你就不會。

  • Many vendors have tried and failed to build a high-performance proxy, because it's hard.

    許多供應商都嘗試過構建高性能代理但失敗了,因為它很難。

  • The only 2 vendors in the past 20 years have successfully penetrated enterprises for zero -- for user security, Blue Coat for on-prem, and they've done it for the cloud.

    過去 20 年中僅有的 2 家供應商成功地以零滲透企業——為了用戶安全,Blue Coat 用於本地,他們已經為雲做到了。

  • So I think am I surprised that people try to get by without a proxy and finally, the customer said, no, no further changes.

    所以我覺得我很驚訝人們試圖在沒有代理的情況下過日子,最後,客戶說,不,沒有進一步的改變。

  • I think delivering the same will be tricky.

    我認為提供同樣的東西會很棘手。

  • We've seen many companies do it.

    我們已經看到很多公司這樣做了。

  • There have been vendors who have been saying that they had a proxy for 6, 7 years.

    有供應商一直在說他們有 6、7 年的代理。

  • I would rather not name them, but I still haven't seen them in the market.

    我寧願不命名它們,但我還沒有在市場上看到它們。

  • So we keep on -- we are not sitting still.

    所以我們繼續——我們沒有坐以待斃。

  • We keep on advancing.

    我們繼續前進。

  • The most functionality you add, browser isolation, to CASB, to content inspection, to DLP and all, your proxy has to do more and more work and still deliver throughput and still do threat inspection.

    您添加的大多數功能、瀏覽器隔離、CASB、內容檢查、DLP 等等,您的代理必須做越來越多的工作,並且仍然提供吞吐量並仍然進行威脅檢查。

  • So we welcome the competition, but we are very pleased with our performance, the kind of lead we have over traditional legacy vendors.

    所以我們歡迎競爭,但我們對我們的表現非常滿意,我們對傳統傳統供應商的領先優勢。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question comment comes from the line of Sterling Auty from JPMorgan.

    我們的下一個問題評論來自摩根大通的 Sterling Auty。

  • Sterling Auty - Senior Analyst

    Sterling Auty - Senior Analyst

  • So how off the networks on the earnings call pointed out the success that they've had with Prisma Access?

    那麼,財報電話會議上的網絡如何指出他們在 Prisma Access 上取得的成功?

  • And given the commentary about the success that you're seeing in the enterprise, I'm curious, are you running into each other in an increasing fashion in that segment?

    鑑於您在企業中看到的成功的評論,我很好奇,你們在該領域是否以越來越多的方式相遇?

  • And it's just that the space is so big that you're both able to grow at these rates?

    只是空間如此之大,以至於你們都能夠以這樣的速度增長?

  • Or do you think you're serving different segments of the overall opportunity in the market?

    還是您認為您正在服務於市場整體機會的不同部分?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • So firewall vendors started making noise a couple of years ago, a lot of noise, then it died down about 6 months after that.

    所以防火牆供應商幾年前開始製造噪音,噪音很大,然後在大約 6 個月後就消失了。

  • In the field, we haven't really change -- seen a whole lot of change to it.

    在現場,我們並沒有真正改變——看到了很多變化。

  • When it comes to large enterprises where we dominate, we haven't seen any change in competitive landscape.

    對於我們主導的大型企業,我們沒有看到競爭格局發生任何變化。

  • And I can understand why.

    我能理解為什麼。

  • Large enterprises are security savvy.

    大型企業精通安全。

  • They understand the difference between proxy and non-proxy.

    他們了解代理和非代理之間的區別。

  • They understand Zero Trust and VPN.

    他們了解零信任和 VPN。

  • And that's why we don't expect to see firewall-based architecture in those enterprises.

    這就是為什麼我們不希望在這些企業中看到基於防火牆的架構。

  • And all of you guys are so close to banks.

    你們所有人都離銀行很近。

  • Find a large bank who believes in not having proxy, but using firewall architecture for security.

    找一家相信沒有代理但使用防火牆架構來確保安全的大型銀行。

  • I have not found one.

    我還沒有找到一個。

  • I think when it comes to lower end of the spectrum, probably in the 5,000 users or below, we do see firewall vendors from time to time.

    我認為,當涉及到低端用戶時,可能在 5,000 或以下用戶中,我們確實不時看到防火牆供應商。

  • And from time to time, these guys aren't that sophisticated.

    有時,這些傢伙並不那麼老練。

  • They can be probably tricked into buying something that may not be that sophisticated.

    他們可能會被誘騙購買可能不那麼複雜的東西。

  • So I think you'll see less sophisticated solutions being bought on the lower end.

    所以我認為你會看到在低端購買不太複雜的解決方案。

  • But on the higher end, we haven't seen any change in competition.

    但在高端,我們沒有看到競爭的任何變化。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question comment comes from the line of Patrick Colville from Deutsche Bank.

    我們的下一個問題評論來自德意志銀行的 Patrick Colville。

  • Patrick Edwin Ronald Colville - Research Analyst

    Patrick Edwin Ronald Colville - Research Analyst

  • Congrats on a very impressive quarter.

    祝賀一個非常令人印象深刻的季度。

  • Just asking about headcount hiring.

    只是詢問招聘人數。

  • I mean that was a major theme of fiscal '20.

    我的意思是,這是 20 財年的一個主題。

  • And it looks potentially in the numbers that, that's probably helping to contribute to growth this quarter.

    從數字上看,這可能有助於促進本季度的增長。

  • I mean can you just help us understand how you guys think about hiring now?

    我的意思是你能不能幫助我們了解你們現在對招聘的看法?

  • And if you can share any numbers around net headcount adds year-on-year sequentially?

    如果您可以分享有關淨員工人數同比增加的任何數字?

  • That would be great.

    那很好啊。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Yes, I'll take that.

    是的,我會接受的。

  • So the net headcount adds we had in the quarter was about 240 and it was about 260 in Q1.

    因此,我們在本季度新增的淨員工人數約為 240 人,而在第一季度約為 260 人。

  • Generally speaking, it's around 60% sales and marketing heads.

    一般來說,銷售和營銷負責人約佔 60%。

  • And that's what it was also -- and historically, it's been pretty much every quarter, and that was the case in Q2.

    這也是它 - 從歷史上看,幾乎每個季度都是如此,第二季度就是這種情況。

  • The comment about accelerating hiring, yes, we are.

    關於加快招聘的評論,是的,我們是。

  • We're accelerating hiring.

    我們正在加速招聘。

  • We see a huge market opportunity.

    我們看到了巨大的市場機會。

  • We see that we are doing well.

    我們看到我們做得很好。

  • We see that we've got the right product for this market.

    我們看到我們已經為這個市場提供了合適的產品。

  • So we're going to continue to invest across the board in the company.

    因此,我們將繼續對公司進行全面投資。

  • In particular, with field quota sales reps, we had a record quarter hiring in Q4.

    特別是,對於現場配額銷售代表,我們在第四季度錄得創紀錄的季度招聘。

  • We had a comparable quarter in Q1, and we had a very good quarter in Q2.

    我們在第一季度有一個可比的季度,我們在第二季度有一個非常好的季度。

  • And we plan to continue to hire aggressively throughout the back half of the year.

    我們計劃在今年下半年繼續積極招聘。

  • Again, from our perspective, we've talked about putting growth ahead of profitability.

    同樣,從我們的角度來看,我們已經談到了將增長置於盈利之上。

  • We'll be mindful of profitability.

    我們會注意盈利能力。

  • Since our public offering, we've been positive profitability and free cash flow.

    自公開募股以來,我們一直保持正盈利能力和自由現金流。

  • Jay and I are very mindful of that and we'll continue to be mindful of that.

    傑伊和我非常注意這一點,我們將繼續注意這一點。

  • But this is such a big opportunity, that we feel that we want to take advantage of it, and we're going to invest in it, and we're going to try to capture it.

    但這是一個如此大的機會,我們覺得我們想利用它,我們將投資於它,我們將試圖抓住它。

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • If I may add, over the past 4 quarters, we have pretty openly shared with you a game plan of scaling our sales organization, building our sales engine from enablement to training and all those things.

    如果我可以補充一下,在過去的 4 個季度中,我們已經非常公開地與您分享了擴展我們的銷售組織、構建我們的銷售引擎從啟用到培訓以及所有這些事情的遊戲計劃。

  • And I think you're seeing the results being delivered quarter after quarter.

    而且我認為您會看到一個季度又一個季度的結果。

  • So we are bullish about it, and we'll keep on increasing our headcount in sales, in engineering, in customer support and all other related areas.

    所以我們看好它,我們將繼續增加我們在銷售、工程、客戶支持和所有其他相關領域的員工人數。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question comment comes from the line of Fatima Boolani from UBS.

    我們的下一個問題評論來自瑞銀的 Fatima Boolani。

  • Fatima Aslam Boolani - Associate Director and Equity Research Associate Technology-Software

    Fatima Aslam Boolani - Associate Director and Equity Research Associate Technology-Software

  • Remo, a question for you.

    雷莫,問你一個問題。

  • Jay, in his prepared remarks, alluded to a number of very large sort of wall-to-wall transactions that were also multi-product.

    傑伊在他準備好的評論中提到了一些非常大的牆到牆交易,這些交易也是多產品的。

  • So I'm wondering if you could comment on the large deal activity that you saw in the quarter?

    所以我想知道您是否可以評論您在本季度看到的大宗交易活動?

  • And if it was maybe outsized in any particular regions?

    如果它在任何特定地區可能過大?

  • That would be really helpful if you can give us some of that quantification of that.

    如果您能給我們一些量化的信息,那將非常有幫助。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Good question.

    好問題。

  • So large deal activity was strong in the quarter.

    因此,本季度的大宗交易活動非常強勁。

  • It was comparable to Q1.

    它與第一季度相當。

  • It was significantly higher than last year.

    明顯高於去年。

  • From a geographic perspective, all regions did well.

    從地理角度來看,所有地區都表現良好。

  • I mean we are investing in all regions pretty much the same level.

    我的意思是我們在所有地區的投資水平幾乎相同。

  • APJ, probably a little bit faster than the other regions, but all regions have done well, and we continue to invest.

    APJ,可能比其他地區快一點,但所有地區都做得很好,我們繼續投資。

  • Related to the other comment I made before, when companies see -- with the breadth of the platform that we have, and companies see the value of Zscaler, and the ease of implementation, the increased security, and also the ROI, the value proposition is resonating with our customers.

    與我之前發表的其他評論相關,當公司看到我們擁有的平台的廣度時,公司看到了 Zscaler 的價值,以及易於實施、提高的安全性以及投資回報率、價值主張與我們的客戶產生共鳴。

  • And so we're seeing that.

    所以我們看到了這一點。

  • And so by adding ZDX and ZCP and broadening the platform, it actually increases the value of what we're -- of Zscaler.

    因此,通過添加 ZDX 和 ZCP 並擴大平台,它實際上增加了我們的價值 - Zscaler。

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • If I may add a couple of points to it.

    如果我可以補充幾點。

  • We have truly expanded the platform.

    我們真正擴展了平台。

  • We haven't gone on a buying spree and thrown them in there and call it a platform because those -- these unintegrated products don't add a lot of value.

    我們沒有大肆購買並將它們扔在那裡並稱之為平台,因為那些 - 這些未集成的產品不會增加很多價值。

  • Our customers see the value.

    我們的客戶看到了價值。

  • For example, to turn on ZDX, it's literally a few minutes.

    例如,要打開 ZDX,實際上只需幾分鐘。

  • It hardly takes anything because the traffic is already flowing through, everything is happening.

    它幾乎不需要任何東西,因為交通已經流過,一切都在發生。

  • The second point I'd like to make is, yes, we did have what you call wall-to-wall deals, I guess that meant all pillar deals.

    我想說的第二點是,是的,我們確實有你所說的全面交易,我想這意味著所有支柱交易。

  • But there are no mega deals in the quarter, okay?

    但是本季度沒有大型交易,好嗎?

  • And there's no onetime kind of special deals that artificially increased our billings numbers.

    並且沒有一次性的特殊交易會人為地增加我們的賬單數量。

  • It was properly distributed various pillars and across all geos.

    它被適當地分佈在各個支柱和所有地理區域。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • As a follow-on for Jay, also.

    作為傑伊的後續,也是。

  • It was a near record quarter also for new customers.

    對於新客戶來說,這也是一個接近創紀錄的季度。

  • So it was broad.

    所以它很廣泛。

  • It was strong.

    它很強大。

  • And as Jay mentioned, there's no mega deals that we've had in the quarter.

    正如傑伊所說,我們在本季度沒有進行任何大型交易。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Next question or comment comes from the line of Matt Hedberg from RBC Capital Markets.

    下一個問題或評論來自 RBC Capital Markets 的 Matt Hedberg。

  • Matthew John Swanson - Associate VP

    Matthew John Swanson - Associate VP

  • This is Matt Swanson on for Matt.

    這是馬特·斯旺森的馬特。

  • Jay, kind of going back on some of those large deals, it seemed like you had a lot of success upselling, ZIA and ZPA.

    傑伊,有點像一些大筆交易,看起來你在向上銷售方面取得了很多成功,ZIA 和 ZPA。

  • I know at the Analyst Day, we talked about maybe a 6x upsell opportunity within your base.

    我知道在分析師日,我們談到了在您的基地內可能有 6 倍的追加銷售機會。

  • When it comes to kind of realizing that opportunity, is it more just a matter of time and as customers see the value they're coming back?

    當談到意識到這個機會時,這是否只是時間問題,並且隨著客戶看到他們回來的價值?

  • Or are there steps you can take to kind of more aggressively pursue that expansion?

    還是您可以採取一些措施來更積極地追求這種擴張?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • So I think our customers are happy and trusting us.

    所以我認為我們的客戶很高興並且信任我們。

  • So that's a starting point.

    所以這是一個起點。

  • If that's not the case, you won't sell.

    如果不是這種情況,您將不會出售。

  • Two, you need proper sales execution, engagement.

    第二,您需要適當的銷售執行力和參與度。

  • Our engagements start from the C level, the sales machine we have built is helping us.

    我們的工作從 C 級開始,我們建立的銷售機器正在幫助我們。

  • So we are getting pretty good share of upsell deals.

    因此,我們在追加銷售交易中獲得了相當大的份額。

  • In fact, we don't have differentiation between incentive, sales incentive or sales versus new upsell.

    事實上,我們在激勵、銷售激勵或銷售與新追加銷售之間沒有區別。

  • So we are pleased with the upsell performance, the new performance.

    因此,我們對追加銷售業績和新業績感到滿意。

  • We have an internal debate between how much do we need new versus upsell.

    我們在需要多少新產品和追加銷售之間進行了內部辯論。

  • Remo and I decide let the total ACV rule where we have both opportunities.

    雷莫和我決定讓總 ACV 規則我們有兩個機會。

  • But we are seeing good growth, good upsell numbers every quarter.

    但是我們每個季度都看到了良好的增長和良好的追加銷售數字。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • As a quick follow-on for Jay.

    作為傑伊的快速跟進。

  • Just some numbers.

    只是一些數字。

  • Upsell was very strong.

    追加銷售非常強勁。

  • New business was very strong also.

    新業務也很強勁。

  • If the split between new and upsell in the first half was approximately 50-50.

    如果上半年新品和追加銷售之間的差距約為 50-50。

  • Upsell in Q2 was slightly below 50%.

    第二季度的追加銷售略低於 50%。

  • We feel...

    我們覺得...

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Sorry, sorry.

    實在抱歉。

  • New was slight -- slightly below.

    新是輕微的——略低於。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Excuse me.

    打擾一下。

  • New was slightly below 50%.

    新的略低於 50%。

  • And going forward, we think a good mix for Zscaler is 50-50.

    展望未來,我們認為 Zscaler 的良好組合是 50-50。

  • And the reason for this is the point that you brought up.

    這樣做的原因是你提出的觀點。

  • I mean, the 6x ability to upsell into existing customers just for ZIA and ZPA.

    我的意思是,僅針對 ZIA 和 ZPA 就可以向現有客戶追加銷售 6 倍的能力。

  • And so it is significant.

    所以這很重要。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question comment comes from the line of Brian Essex from Goldman Sachs.

    我們的下一個問題評論來自高盛的 Brian Essex。

  • Brian Lee Essex - Equity Analyst

    Brian Lee Essex - Equity Analyst

  • Great to see that billings acceleration.

    很高興看到比林斯加速。

  • And on that, I was wondering if we can get a little bit of color around your hiring rate, I think it was brought up on a previous question.

    關於這一點,我想知道我們是否可以對您的招聘率有所了解,我認為這是在之前的問題中提出的。

  • But wondering, have you reached some kind of a terminal velocity in terms of the rate of hiring and the rate of training and the rate of maturation within your sales force?

    但是想知道,就招聘率、培訓率和銷售人員的成熟率而言,您是否達到了某種終極速度?

  • And maybe a little bit of color, too, around how you're attracting talent in the market?

    也許還有一點色彩,關於你如何在市場上吸引人才?

  • Is it primarily in a localized area?

    主要是在局部地區嗎?

  • Or is it from multiple geographies that you're able to attract better talent on your platform?

    還是來自多個地區,您能夠在您的平台上吸引更好的人才?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • I will start, then, Remo, you can add on.

    我會開始,然後,雷莫,你可以補充。

  • So first of all, we have become the top destination for the top talent.

    所以首先,我們已經成為頂尖人才的首選目的地。

  • When the market is competitive, we actually don't have problem attracting good talent, whether that's in sales organization or engineering.

    當市場競爭激烈時,我們實際上不存在吸引優秀人才的問題,無論是在銷售組織還是工程方面。

  • So pleased obviously, with that, you need to make sure things are in place, a proper team for hiring, but that's happening.

    很明顯,很高興,你需要確保一切就緒,一個合適的招聘團隊,但這種情況正在發生。

  • Related to geos of where the concentration is, from sales point of view, we are where the customer is.

    從銷售的角度來看,與集中度所在的地理位置相關,我們就是客戶所在的位置。

  • We are a very global organization with big presence all over U.S., all over Europe, APJ, Japan, India, Singapore.

    我們是一個非常全球化的組織,業務遍及美國、歐洲、APJ、日本、印度、新加坡。

  • All these places.

    所有這些地方。

  • So we are attracting talent from everywhere.

    因此,我們正在吸引來自世界各地的人才。

  • And generally, on the sales side, we're looking for talent coming from companies who know how to sell solutions, who need to sell software, who know how to sell transformation sales.

    通常,在銷售方面,我們正在尋找來自知道如何銷售解決方案、需要銷售軟件、知道如何銷售轉型銷售的公司的人才。

  • That's the first part.

    這是第一部分。

  • The second part was ability to train.

    第二部分是訓練能力。

  • Over the past 4 quarters, we shared with you how we built the sales enablement team, how we built the team with sales leaders, the proper -- even proper process for interview for these people with the whole documented process.

    在過去的 4 個季度中,我們與您分享了我們如何建立銷售支持團隊,我們如何與銷售領導一起建立團隊,以及對這些人進行面試的適當的——甚至是適當的過程,以及整個記錄過程。

  • I think we are very optimized.

    我認為我們非常優化。

  • I would say as optimized as I ever see out there.

    我會說是我見過的最優化的。

  • So that's why we are able to add significantly large number and make them pretty productive in a shorter amount of time than we would do otherwise.

    這就是為什麼我們能夠添加大量數據並在比其他方法更短的時間內使它們非常高效。

  • We shared a little bit of that during our Analyst Day, the kind of impact that's being made with better training and better enablement.

    我們在分析師日期間分享了一些內容,即通過更好的培訓和更好的支持所產生的影響。

  • Remo?

    雷莫?

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Just a quick follow-on, from my perspective around sales organizations, my career -- really good sales organizations.

    從我對銷售組織、我的職業生涯的角度來看,只是一個快速的跟進——非常好的銷售組織。

  • Nothing matches what we have here at Zscaler.

    沒有什麼能比得上我們在 Zscaler 所擁有的。

  • Nothing.

    沒有。

  • The organization top to bottom, from the way it's structured and the ability to scale.

    組織自上而下,從其結構方式和擴展能力。

  • as Jay talked about, the training with the sales enablement group, never seen anything like it in my career.

    正如 Jay 所說,與銷售支持小組的培訓在我的職業生涯中從未見過這樣的事情。

  • It gives us the ability -- as Jay said, we're not looking for people who sell traditional, we're looking for people who can sell transformation.

    它賦予了我們能力——正如傑伊所說,我們不是在尋找銷售傳統的人,而是在尋找能夠銷售轉型的人。

  • And to do that, you need to be trained.

    為此,您需要接受培訓。

  • And we are a destination.

    我們是一個目的地。

  • So do we have the ability to increase our hiring pace?

    那麼我們有能力提高招聘速度嗎?

  • We do.

    我們的確是。

  • Do we have the ability to onboard quickly?

    我們有能力快速入職嗎?

  • We do.

    我們的確是。

  • Do we see salespeople getting to productivity faster?

    我們是否看到銷售人員更快地提高生產力?

  • We are.

    我們是。

  • So I mean, it's a good place to be.

    所以我的意思是,這是一個好地方。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question or comment comes from the line of Tal Liani from Bank of America.

    我們的下一個問題或評論來自美國銀行的 Tal Liani。

  • Tal Liani - MD and Head of Technology Supersector

    Tal Liani - MD and Head of Technology Supersector

  • My question is about the comps for 2021.

    我的問題是關於 2021 年的比賽。

  • Do you feel or do you have any data to think that some of the growth this year was related to COVID, an increase in license take rate because of COVID?

    您是否覺得或有任何數據認為今年的一些增長與 COVID 相關,即由於 COVID 導致的許可證獲取率增加?

  • And if that's the case, we might have an issue second half '21 with the comps?

    如果是這樣的話,我們可能會在 21 年下半年的比賽中遇到問題?

  • I know that this is on investors' mind, and I'm wondering if you have any data to support the view one way or another.

    我知道這是投資者的想法,我想知道您是否有任何數據支持這種或另一種觀點。

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Let me start with a general comments and Remo, you can be more specific.

    讓我從一般評論和 Remo 開始,您可以更具體。

  • I give you the hard part, the numbers.

    我給你最難的部分,數字。

  • Look, we do believe that work from anywhere is here to stay.

    看,我們確實相信來自任何地方的工作都將繼續存在。

  • As COVID became a catalyst to shake off inertia, it actually changed the mindset.

    隨著 COVID 成為擺脫慣性的催化劑,它實際上改變了思維方式。

  • And it really not just gave momentum, but also brought to right the limitations of legacy network and security.

    它不僅提供了動力,而且還糾正了傳統網絡和安全性的局限性。

  • So we are seeing a customer saying, "We are implementing Zero Trust," which means they need ZIA, ZPA type of deployments even after everything gets back to normal.

    因此,我們看到一位客戶說,“我們正在實施零信任”,這意味著即使在一切恢復正常之後,他們也需要 ZIA、ZPA 類型的部署。

  • If that were not the case, they would be doing short-term ZPA deal and saying, I'm going back to the office, I no longer need to do renewals of ZPA.

    如果不是這樣,他們會做短期 ZPA 交易並說,我要回到辦公室,我不再需要續訂 ZPA。

  • We aren't seeing that.

    我們沒有看到。

  • So we think the world is changing.

    所以我們認為世界正在改變。

  • So going back to the office should not be impacting our momentum of the business.

    因此,回到辦公室不應影響我們的業務發展勢頭。

  • That's how I look at it overall.

    這就是我對它的整體看法。

  • Remo?

    雷莫?

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Pipeline is strong, and interest is high in Zscaler, and engagement is significant.

    管道很強大,對 Zscaler 的興趣很高,參與度很高。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Our next question or comment comes from the line of Hamza Fodderwala from Morgan Stanley.

    我們的下一個問題或評論來自摩根士丹利的 Hamza Fodderwala。

  • Hamza Fodderwala - Equity Analyst

    Hamza Fodderwala - Equity Analyst

  • Jay, my first question for you.

    傑,我問你的第一個問題。

  • You talked about really strong traction with ZDX.

    你談到了 ZDX 的強大牽引力。

  • I think it was over 200 customers on that product.

    我認為該產品有 200 多個客戶。

  • When you initially launched the solution, it seemed like it would be something that would be perhaps more complementary with the monitoring vendors.

    當您最初啟動該解決方案時,似乎它可能與監控供應商更具互補性。

  • I'm wondering, given the strong traction that you've had, what is your sort of ambition with this product?

    我想知道,鑑於您擁有的強大牽引力,您對這款產品的抱負是什麼?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • So it is complementary with application monitoring vendors.

    因此它與應用程序監控供應商互補。

  • So -- but it's not complementary with network monitoring vendors.

    所以——但它不能與網絡監控供應商互補。

  • Because network monitoring vendors are monitoring traffic between your branch office and the data center over your private network.

    因為網絡監控供應商正在通過您的專用網絡監控您的分支機構和數據中心之間的流量。

  • Private networks are going away.

    專用網絡正在消失。

  • People are sitting anywhere.

    人們坐在任何地方。

  • When you're sitting at home and going to Office 365 or your data center, what network monitoring tools can you use?

    當您坐在家裡前往 Office 365 或您的數據中心時,您可以使用哪些網絡監控工具?

  • Hardly any.

    幾乎沒有。

  • So we are sitting on the endpoint.

    所以我們坐在端點上。

  • We are connecting the user application.

    我們正在連接用戶應用程序。

  • We're sitting in the middle, we see the application side.

    我們坐在中間,我們看到應用程序端。

  • We see the endpoint side.

    我們看到端點側。

  • We're the best players to give you end-to-end monitoring and complement application monitoring vendors.

    我們是為您提供端到端監控和補充應用程序監控供應商的最佳參與者。

  • Hamza Fodderwala - Equity Analyst

    Hamza Fodderwala - Equity Analyst

  • Got it.

    知道了。

  • And then just maybe a follow-up question for Remo.

    然後可能是 Remo 的後續問題。

  • Obviously, a massive expansion of the sales force and the channel over the past couple of years.

    顯然,過去幾年銷售隊伍和渠道的大規模擴張。

  • But I'm curious, what percentage of these reps are fully productive, right, given that your traditional ramp period that they have?

    但我很好奇,這些代表中有多少百分比是完全富有成效的,對吧,考慮到他們擁有的傳統坡道期?

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • Let me just answer it saying that 2/3 of our sales reps are still ramping.

    讓我回答說,我們 2/3 的銷售代表仍在增長。

  • So they're not fully ramped.

    所以他們沒有完全傾斜。

  • When I say ramping, they have been here -- they've been here for less than 1 year.

    當我說爬坡時,他們一直在這裡——他們在這裡還不到 1 年。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • (Operator Instructions) Our next question on the comment comes from the line of Gray Powell from BTIG.

    (操作員說明)我們對評論的下一個問題來自 BTIG 的 Gray Powell。

  • Gray Wilson Powell - Director & Security and Analytics Software Analyst

    Gray Wilson Powell - Director & Security and Analytics Software Analyst

  • So just looking back last year, a lot of companies they went out and they purchased additional VPN capacity from legacy vendors, really as part of continuity initiatives.

    因此,回顧去年,許多公司退出並從傳統供應商那裡購買了額外的 VPN 容量,這實際上是作為連續性計劃的一部分。

  • Are you seeing some of those deals come up for renewal?

    您是否看到其中一些交易即將續訂?

  • And do you think that gives you an incremental opportunity to gain share as those companies look to modernize their solutions?

    當這些公司希望對其解決方案進行現代化改造時,您是否認為這為您提供了獲得份額的增量機會?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • No.

    不。

  • I would say as I have discussion with our large enterprises, and I personally do quite a few.

    我會說因為我和我們的大企業有過討論,我個人也做了不少。

  • I have yet to find a customer who has -- I talked to who said, I want to keep VPN for the long run.

    我還沒有找到一個客戶——我和誰說過,我想長期保留 VPN。

  • They're all in various stages of the journey.

    他們都處於旅程的不同階段。

  • The growth you see of ZPA from our customer base is the result of more and more Zscaler customers embracing Zero Trust and ZPA.

    您從我們的客戶群中看到 ZPA 的增長是越來越多的 Zscaler 客戶接受零信任和 ZPA 的結果。

  • I do believe that although there'll be some exception, but most of these current ZIA customers will embrace ZPA.

    我確實相信,雖然會有一些例外,但這些當前的 ZIA 客戶中的大多數都會接受 ZPA。

  • And I see them more and more embracing ZDX as well.

    我看到他們也越來越多地接受 ZDX。

  • Our strategy of offering, a well designed, integrated platform with 4 pillars is working well.

    我們提供具有 4 個支柱的精心設計的集成平台的戰略運作良好。

  • 2 years ago, the question used to be can ZPA take off, right?

    2年前,問題曾經是ZPA能否起飛,對嗎?

  • That question has been answered over and over.

    這個問題已經被一遍又一遍地回答了。

  • Another question is can ZDX and ZCP take off?

    另一個問題是ZDX和ZCP能起飛嗎?

  • Early indications are very good.

    早期跡象非常好。

  • But back to your question of, is VPN replacement vendors an opportunity for us?

    但回到您的問題,VPN 替代供應商對我們來說是一個機會嗎?

  • Absolutely, yes.

    絕對沒錯。

  • Our starting point of ZIA is replacing the user protection, which typically is a proxy, and then we start expanding into the full bundle.

    我們 ZIA 的出發點是替換用戶保護,這通常是一個代理,然後我們開始擴展到完整的捆綁包。

  • Our ZPA entry point is generally a VPN vendor, and then you expand to Zero Trust App segmentation.

    我們的 ZPA 入口點通常是 VPN 供應商,然後您擴展到零信任應用程序分段。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • We have time for one last question.

    我們有時間回答最後一個問題。

  • Our final question will be from the line of Yun Kim from Loop Capital Market.

    我們的最後一個問題將來自 Loop Capital Market 的 Yun Kim。

  • Yun Suk Kim - MD

    Yun Suk Kim - MD

  • So Jay, on the new cloud workload protection product, it seems like you're already getting some early traction there.

    因此,Jay,在新的雲工作負載保護產品上,您似乎已經在其中獲得了一些早期的牽引力。

  • Are you seeing an opportunity to partner with a hyperscaler -- scalers such as AWS and Azure, since a lot those -- a lot of the cloud workloads will reside on those hyperscaler platforms?

    您是否看到了與超大規模企業合作的機會——AWS 和 Azure 等大規模企業,因為其中很多——很多雲工作負載將駐留在這些超大規模企業平台上?

  • And I know you already have partnership with ZIA, ZPA with AWS?

    我知道您已經與 ZIA、ZPA 與 AWS 建立了合作關係?

  • And then also, in addition, do you see the need to begin to target like DevOps team for your cloud workload product?

    此外,您是否認為需要像 DevOps 團隊一樣開始針對您的雲工作負載產品?

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Yes.

    是的。

  • It's a good question.

    這是個好問題。

  • Fair you said, we have already been engaged with leading cloud providers with ZIA and ZPA.

    公平地說,我們已經與 ZIA 和 ZPA 的領先雲提供商合作。

  • Okay.

    好的。

  • On the cloud protection area, we got some early initiative going.

    在雲保護區,我們有一些早期的主動權。

  • There's a good complementary fit we see with them.

    我們看到它們有很好的互補性。

  • And I think it's a little bit early.

    而且我認為這有點早。

  • I mean, it's only a quarter or so, but the momentum is strong, the pipeline we're building is strong.

    我的意思是,只有四分之一左右,但勢頭強勁,我們正在建設的管道也很強勁。

  • The way you should look at Zscaler Cloud Protection is not the way you look at traditional vendors, who say, "I'm going to take my firewall and put the virtual firewall in the cloud." We think that trying to replicate your data center in the cloud would never work for even moving apps.

    您看待 Zscaler Cloud Protection 的方式與看待傳統供應商的方式不同,傳統供應商會說:“我將使用我的防火牆並將虛擬防火牆放在雲中。”我們認為,即使是移動應用程序,嘗試在雲中復制您的數據中心也不會奏效。

  • How is it going to work for security?

    它將如何為安全工作?

  • We look at workloads like mirror image of users and should be protected like users.

    我們將工作負載視為用戶的鏡像,應該像用戶一樣受到保護。

  • So with Zero Trust Exchange, we are able to connect a workload in region A to workload in region B over the Internet coming through our Zero Trust Exchange.

    因此,通過零信任交換,我們能夠通過我們的零信任交換將區域 A 中的工作負載連接到區域 B 中的工作負載。

  • That's really what makes us very different architecturally.

    這就是讓我們在架構上非常不同的真正原因。

  • Now the next part of your question was left shift stuff.

    現在你的問題的下一部分是左移的東西。

  • As we are engaging with our customers, they are having dialogue with us.

    當我們與客戶互動時,他們也在與我們進行對話。

  • As they are figuring out their left shift strategy, it's a new area and we are closely monitoring it.

    當他們正在製定左移策略時,這是一個新領域,我們正在密切關注它。

  • As the market evolves, you can rest assured, we will be there to serve our customers.

    隨著市場的發展,您可以放心,我們將在那里為我們的客戶服務。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • That concludes our question-and-answer session for today.

    今天的問答環節到此結束。

  • I'd like to turn the conference back over to Mr. Jay Chaudhry, Chief Executive Officer, for any closing remarks.

    我想把會議轉回給首席執行官 Jay Chaudhry 先生做任何閉幕詞。

  • Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

    Jay Chaudhry;Co-Founder, President, CEO & Chairman of the Board

  • Thank you for joining us.

    感謝您加入我們。

  • I hope the session was worthwhile.

    我希望這次會議是值得的。

  • We hope to see you at our next earnings call or before that, in one of the investor events, will be joining.

    我們希望在我們的下一次財報電話會議上見到你,或者在此之前,在其中一個投資者活動中,將加入。

  • Thank you.

    謝謝你。

  • Remo E. Canessa - CFO

    Remo E. Canessa - CFO

  • Thank you.

    謝謝你。

  • Operator

    Operator

  • Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for participating in today's conference.

    女士們,先生們,感謝你們參加今天的會議。

  • This concludes the program.

    程序到此結束。

  • You may now disconnect.

    您現在可以斷開連接。

  • Everyone, have a wonderful day.

    大家,有一個美好的一天。